Old 06-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks Jess and Dave , yeah hoping...
Old 06-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

my friends mom is in the hospital...he may not be able to drive me home tomorrow
Old 06-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope your friends mom gets better

I hate when an ad on tv makes me crave food and I can't try to satisfy that craving by trying to make a modified version with stuff w already have here because we don't have anything that would come close

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise at Midnight (View Post)
Hope your friends mom gets better

I hate when an ad on tv makes me crave food and I can't try to satisfy that craving by trying to make a modified version with stuff w already have here because we don't have anything that would come close
he's probably at the hospital now..he and his sister are rotating evenings

I tried to make a McDs Shamrock shake one year...Reader Digest had a recipe...it turned out pretty good
Old 07-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Have you all ever like opened your mouth and then be like I didn't mean for that to happen. I am sure some of you know that I am not a touchy feely person. I have tons of of friends acquaintances and such but I don't touch them. Shaking hands doesn't really go into this because it is just your hand shaking someone else's it is not a an invasion of space.
So that said and pointing out that I hug just my super close. Family and super close friends willingly and that there have been incidents that I have cringed when a very close but not best friend or a relative that I am not personally close to has hugged me. It is not noticeable visibly ever except one close friend noticed after we had a convoy about something to that nature.
So that being said and it being pointed at that I do the inside cringe on some close friends and that there are people I adore and would do anything for but I would not feel fully omfortable with them touching me. The that fact a newish coworker who is at least Twice my age of the opposite gender touched my shoulder and left it there during his asking of a question went beyond bug me.
So after I did what I was.headed to do and returned bAck to the podium I mentioned to a close friend that I could see why the elderly door greeter on the other side (a woman) couldn't stand said guy,she asked why, I said he was touchy feely and she knew how I felt about touch i have flinched with her and we are close friends. She is the one I mention that noticed that I cringed during a hug once with her. I also discussed with the mentioned door greeter who saw it and I adore most of store doesn't like her though because she tells you exactly what is on her mind. But I am sidetracked the situation.
I thought that would be it. I get it for some people touch is irrelevant or needed or whatever like me having to be socially active. I did not realise that the door greeter would bring it up to another csm and that she would mention it to or head of security seriously I didn't want it to blow up into an ordeal with tape running and such it was my shoulder and he is a harmless old man who is touchy feely. I get it I think my issue steams from the pulling into hugs and pinch of cheeks and oh hunny your almost as tall as your mamaw pats on the shoulder and hugs from neighborhood ladies and such that made me want to be totally in charge of my personal space to be comfortable. ( You grow up in the south and be the neighborhood darling in the darling family that everyone's loves everyone from meaning the pick of the pick. I didn't want an issue but it is an issue and that is my issue. Did this rant make anysence???????
Old 07-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you saying that the door greeter overheard what you said about you not liking being touched by them and got offended and reported that?

I totally get it about being touched or hugged or having personal space entered without warning or consent. I do it and I'm kind of sad about it, one guy I went out with rubbed the back of my neck and shoulders which made me tense, another guy once rubbed the side of my foot on a couch & I pulled it away, and once my dad opened his arms to come to me for a hug and I flinched! I don't know what it is, I know people mostly have good intentions but it just seems being touched is an intimate gesture to me, not a casual thing, Hugs can also betray my feelings which I do not like, I once met a friend for the first time and I was nervous cause she meant a lot to me and later she said she could feel me trembling as we hugged and assumed I was scared. So now I'm wary of it, unless I invite it.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Have you ever met those cranky elderly women who either love someone or hate some one that is Mrs.Ester and well I am on her loved area she mentioned it to the CAM who asked me about it this morning and then the head of security was told. Seriously did not want it to become a big deal. After Six year sad of working together and her seeing me TOUCHED by only about 6 to 8 employs (wto of which were among my best friend ever) including herself she my cranky door greeter was yes offended on my behalf as much considering that there has been at least 60 to 80 temporary employees and another 150 that i have worked with there for years she knew it was unwanted we live in the south in and having joking family type work environment. My biggest issue currently is that it is an issue. I have always gotten overburdened that thing off like I said popular social active southern woman who as been such since a small cute child and grandchild of very well-known well liked southern parents and grandparents.Touch happens I brush it off soon after or even immediately. The fact that it turned into an issue means I can't just brush it off like I normally do soit makes me even more touchy about touch.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kaye. I hope it gets better for you

i can't sleep

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Melatonin works for me to get to sleep
Old 07-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Doesn't do crap for me same with valerian root

Old 07-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, sorry you can't sleep,but do you get a holiday tomorrow to at least sleep in? I don't cause Canada Day was Friday so it's a wake up on time tomorrow for me.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

fireworks going past 11 last night... it stopped, but hopefully the police were the cause of that b/c they are not allowed to light them up in my city
Old 07-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now it's my turn to complain! I have a bully boss I've been dealing with for the past while and there are only two more days of working with her before she leaves. She always wants me to say hi to her in the morning first thing so today I stick my head in to do her wish , and I'm acting pleasant and all she can muster is being "curt" and acting like she does t want to talk at all to me. if you can't muster up fake pleasantness to me when I'm doing this thing you "want" me to do, then let's not even bother cause it insults me to go through this fake niceness charade with you. Only two more days, try to act pleasant!
Old 07-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oh no

small headache today
Old 07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Now it's my turn to complain! I have a bully boss I've been dealing with for the past while and there are only two more days of working with her before she leaves. She always wants me to say hi to her in the morning first thing so today I stick my head in to do her wish , and I'm acting pleasant and all she can muster is being "curt" and acting like she does t want to talk at all to me. if you can't muster up fake pleasantness to me when I'm doing this thing you "want" me to do, then let's not even bother cause it insults me to go through this fake niceness charade with you. Only two more days, try to act pleasant!
At least it just two days, stay strong.

There is a bull running around my yard it is not mine. Okay first off I get it animals get loose. I understand that been many of times I had to get a calf cow or bull into my pasture or Chase down owners and Chase one home to a different home. So yes I get it. So if it was my cow or bull or even a sensible owners animal I would be outside helping even after a 9 hour shift in retail. They are not sensible first off it is an aggressive bull that is apparently named dev. It's owner has no cows and just one strand of electric. (No wonder it got out) apparently my parents dealt with the crazy thing all day. But after they tried to get it my walking it home with four wheelers it came back my dad got into our pen. They brought there trailer drove right to the front and still could not get there own bull. The woman who is my best friend's sister (they are nothing alike) tried to sweet talk it off my yard. No cow paddle no sticks nothing. My dad even had to tell them to gate roads and such because all four people who came to collect it looked at it and was like a w hat do we do. My but is not going near this problem even though it is almost dark. I don't have the patience to deal with the owners on top of the bull. So hopefully between my cattle dog, my sensible cattle raising for 30plus years parents, it's two no nothing about cows owner and the two people they brought with them the bull thing will get off my farm by nightfall. I doubt it. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RAISE A BULL, DONT! COMMON SENSE WILL TELL YOU THEY DO NOT WANT TO BE IN A PASTURE ALONE. sorry for the rant but uhh

Ps we are now help to at least 10 people and two cattle dogs neighbors came to help

Last edited by IrishSouthernBelle; 07-09-2016 at 06:18 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread