Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Communities OT 2: Global chat.

Hope the title is ok
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT, Bella. The title's great.

So, what kind of music is everyone into? Coldplay and Snow Patrol are my all-time faves! I'm still obsessing over Viva La Vida, but now with A Hundred Million Suns out, I'm splitting my time obsessing over that one as well.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome Anji

Have your heard Some Surprise with Gary Lightbody and Lisa Hannigan? That's my favourite. I Damien Rice, Jason Mraz, Bell X1, Better than Ezra, David Gray and Glen Hansard.

I reallylike Viva La Vida as well
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't really listen to music
Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
So, what kind of music is everyone into?
I'm fairly eclectic, and my favourite songs are rarely ever from the same person/group. At the moment I'm loving Details in the Fabric - Jason Mraz, Running Back - Jessica Mauboy, I Will Remember You - Ryan Cabrera, Sober - Pink..
Old 11-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
now with A Hundred Million Suns out, I'm splitting my time obsessing over that one as well
Ditto. My favourites off the album (in order) are Crack The Shutters, Set Down Your Glass, Take Back The City and Disaster Button. But of course I love them all.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bella, I love 'Some Surprise'. Have you heard 'Cartwheels' by The Reindeer Section (another Gary Lightbody)....I adore that one too.

Out of those you listed, I like...Damien Rice, Jason Mraz, Better than Ezra, David Gray (I adore 'This Year's Love). I don't think I've heard of...Bell X1, Glen Hansard.

Nele, how can you not listen to music? You know, most seem to listen to the radio, and I never do.

p&j =true luv, I like that...I try to be eclectic. I've heard of some of those songs/artists, but not....Running Back - Jessica Mauboy.

Cat, so far my faves (also, in order), are....'Crack the Shutters', 'Set Down Your Glass', 'If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It', and 'Daybreak' - lovin' those. But between CTS and SDYG, I'm in heaven!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Cat, so far my faves (also, in order), are....'Crack the Shutters', 'Set Down Your Glass', 'If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It', and 'Daybreak' - lovin' those. But between CTS and SDYG, I'm in heaven!
I'm listening to Take Back The City right now. Crack The Shutters is simply stunning, I think it could be the new Chasing Cars.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Nele, how can you not listen to music? You know, most seem to listen to the radio, and I never do.
I don't know I just never watch mtv or other music channels, I never listen to the radio. I'm just clueless when my friends talk about music
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cat, ITA about CTS being the new CC! It so is! I'm trying to decide which one I love more........CC has been my favorite SP song, but man, CTS is pure !

Nele, I used to watch MTV back in the day when Carson Daly hosted TRL...and I've watched on/off since the various other VJs/hosts have joined, but IDK....not the same. So, I don't really watch either. I usually get my musical knowledge from the shows I watch, lol. If there's a song I really like (that stands out), I make sure to find out what it is, who sings it, and then I'm interested.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bella, I love 'Some Surprise'. Have you heard 'Cartwheels' by The Reindeer Section (another Gary Lightbody)....I adore that one too.

Out of those you listed, I like...Damien Rice, Jason Mraz, Better than Ezra, David Gray (I adore 'This Year's Love). I don't think I've heard of...Bell X1, Glen Hansard.
Glad you like it. It's one of my favourites.

No I haven't. I'll try and find it

This Years Love is beautiful song/ Bell X1 is an Irish indie band. Paul Noonan (lead singer) actually wrote Some Suprise. Glen Hansard is the lead singer of The Frames and he was in the movie Once.

Hi Kylie

Is that the lastest Pink song? As I heard that on the radio this morning and really liked it.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, that's cool that one guy wrote 'Some Surprise'...I'm definitely interested now.

Here's 'Cartwheels. Sorry...I couldn't find just the song, so it's to a Lucas/Brooke vid...but you can still listen to the song.

I first fell in love with TYL when I heard it play on Young Americans back in the day, and since then it's been a fave. It's so romantic!

Well, I have about 70 Math problems to do........oh fun!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
p&j =true luv, I like that...I try to be eclectic. I've heard of some of those songs/artists, but not...Running Back - Jessica Mauboy.
:
YouTube - Jessica Mauboy - Running Back ft. Flo Rida [Official Video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
Hi Kylie

Is that the lastest Pink song? As I heard that on the radio this morning and really liked it.
Bella!

Yep, it's the one she sang on Idol.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! Love the title.

Music-wise, I'm willing to give anything a listen. I've grown up with it since I have family in the business. I can't go a day without listening to it. Anything from The Eagles and The Beatles to The Early November and Bright Eyes to Ne-Yo and Tupac to Cascada and Kill Paradise.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

90% of my music is Metal: Suffocation, Bloodbath, Opeth...etc. The other 10% is stuff like Devendra Banhart, Fabienne Delsol, Joanna Newsom - Basically, the things you hear on JJJ that is not rap crap or new wave 80s music.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread