Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

College/University Thread #7: 'Tis the Season for Exams and Graduations

College/University Thread #6

Students:
  • Tina - Associate's Degree in Human Services (2013) | Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Science (2015)
  • King of Cool - Bachelor's Degree in History (2013) | Master's Degree in History with a minor in Religious Studies (2015)
  • trucherrygirl - Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences (2008) | Bachelor's Degree in Film Studies with a minor in Disability Studies (2012) | Master's Degree in Fine Arts in Screenwriting (2015)

Feel free to fill out the form:

Degree(s):
Graduation Year(s) (or expecting):

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new thread!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Steph

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Have had so much work lately.. And during spring break too!
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Awkward moment when your university encourages bullying LBGT students

M i r a n d a .
begin again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ What?? That's absolutely terrible! I'm incredibly sorry to hear that. I can't believe a University, a place that is supposed to encourage diversity, would do such a thing..
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by begin again (View Post)
Awkward moment when your university encourages bullying LBGT students
I can't believe it.. Ugh..

is that what you want?

Old 04-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Say what? What happened?

Old 05-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm finally finishing university after 4 long years this week

I'm so happy to move away from Birmingham and back down south where the grass is definitely greener.

I'll have to come back up for my graduation ceremony in July Cannot wait!

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Jenny's Dimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I finally went through my first year of new college and I'm so glad that I can able to have some break, but I realize that I can able to finish college by end of this year or next year earlier..

is that what you want?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Wow begin again!

Woohoo Jenny!!

Ya Steph! What are you taking?

After a much needed break, I am back at school. I will be taking Western Civilization and History. I am looking into adding a third class. I have 20 credits left until this degree is completed, and then I will be with my Interpreter's degree. What happened is I wasn't registered with the right degree, and so I was working toward one degree which is what I want to go in with my ITP, so I am basically half and half with both degrees. Associates of Applied Arts and Associates of Social Science Interpreting Program for ASL. From there looking at Galluadet University or Liberty University. Galludet has it's perks there is a satellite campus 2 hours from home, in a city where I know people. Main campus of Galluadet is in Virginia as well as Liberty.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Mandie! I'm so excited, final exam tomorrow morning and then I will be done!

I got my grade back for my research dissertation and viva, I got a 2:1 (64%)!! I think it is equivalent to 3.33-3.67 according to the American GPA. Considering I thought I'd failed my viva altogether, I'm quite pleased with my result

Well done Steph! First year was so easy compared to final year.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Wow, congrats on your dissertation, and good luck tomorrow!

To fill in my form:
Degree(s): Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Utrecht University, and currently getting my Master of Science degree in Environmental Biology, from that same university.
Graduation Year(s) (or expecting): Bachelor: 2013, Master: expected in early 2016

Had some delay due to some medical stuff, but well, the master's is a 2-year program, and if everything goes alright from here on out, I've only been delayed for 1.5 years, and that's very much acceptable in my country.
Though it's not so very important in my country, I'm still pretty proud of myself for maintaining a 3.9 GPA in my Master so far Hope I can keep it that way!

Currently I'm doing a 6-month research internship at WWF Netherlands, and though I very much enjoy it, I'm also reeeally looking forward to wrap up this student life after 6.5 years, and get on to the next step
I've been feeling sooo tired lately, been in bed for 3 days last week with a terrible headache and I'm still not feeling very well. I just finished my major (9-month) research project on the last day of March after a very stressful period full of complicated statistical stuff, and I started this internship on the first day of April.. I really need a break.

Last edited by Mazza d'Evill; 05-13-2015 at 05:58 AM
Mazza d'Evill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you!

Good luck getting your Masters, I'm so done with university right now, can't even consider doing a Masters.

Here are my degree details:

Degree(s): Bachelor of Science in Translation Studies & French from Aston University in the UK
Graduation Year(s) (or expecting): Summer 2015, hopefully graduating with a 2:1

Old 05-13-2015, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations, everyone.
And for those who are returning to school - good luck! It's fun to learn new things.

I graduate with a Bachelor's this month in Behavioral Science. With a GPA of 3.8... super excited for myself.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread