Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Chronic Pain- Dealing and living w/ pain in all forms

I would like to start a thread on chronic pain. Physical pain or emotional pain. Some of us live with pain daily or so often it feels like it. Let's support each other. I also welcome anyone who may not live with it but knows someone who does to join us because friends and familys pain affects you to. And those who want to ask questions only come ahead.

THE VOICES OF CHRONIC PAIN.......

IrishSouthernBelle (Kaye)
GraceUnderFire (Kali)
Jade Lizabetta Lautner
Clarissa Fray (Sara)
Donna L. Crawford
Kind Kennen (Karen)
Ron Beckett
Aubrey Karew
The Survior (James)
He is mighty to save
Atomic Express (Pam or Pammie)
Unfaithful
Sourburst
Val
Mascha

SURVIVING CHRONIC PAIN TOGETHER, NEVER ALONE

Last edited by IrishSouthernBelle; 08-09-2015 at 01:55 PM Reason: list
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Hi, my name is Donna. I have been in chronic pain in my back and legs ever since the accident that occurred over 10 years ago and now I am in pain 24/7, 365 days a year, 366 on leap year. I also have headaches about 3-5 times a week.

Donna
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna L. Crawford (View Post)
Hi, my name is Donna. I have been in chronic pain in my back and legs ever since the accident that occurred over 10 years ago and now I am in pain 24/7, 365 days a year, 366 on leap year. I also have headaches about 3-5 times a week.

Donna
Hello Donna. I am Kaye. I have Chronic Migraines, Chronic tension headaches, and clusters. I have Chronic pain in a rib for the past year and chronic pain in an ankle and wrist. I am sorry I can't imagine what you are going through. I am here if you want to talk hopefully we will have more join us. Talking about the pain may not take it away but it does let us all talk to people who might understand even half of it. I hate to ask but did you have headaches before the accident alot. Because unfortunately one trigger for migraines can be chronic Pain. Your in my prayers.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Hi Kaye. I get pain in my wrist and bicep (I had a biopsy in my right bicep muscle about 11 years ago and it was non cancerous.) I did some PT this past summer because of my right shoulder, I have osteoarthritis. It can be a lot pain. I hope that we do get more people to post. No, before the accident, I didn't have any headaches other than one every once in a while. They started after the accident. Thank you, same with you, I have you in my prayers.

Donna
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

My name is Pam but you can call me Pammie. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It effects my back and neck (I have neck spasms) and I also have degenerative disc disease in another place in my back. I also recently found out I have nerve damage in my neck that shoots into my left arm and nerve damage in my back that shoots into my hips and legs. Your both in my prayers.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I suffer from chronic headaches, when I get them I can be in bed for a couple of days. When they are really bad, I get sick to my stomach and am throwing up all the time.

I have everybody in my prayers.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicEmpress (View Post)
My name is Pam but you can call me Pammie. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It effects my back and neck (I have neck spasms) and I also have degenerative disc disease in another place in my back. I also recently found out I have nerve damage in my neck that shoots into my left arm and nerve damage in my back that shoots into my hips and legs. Your both in my prayers.
-Pammie
Hi Pam! You are in my prayers. I have a few friends with fibromyalgia so I know you must be in a lot of pain you are in my prayers.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Lizabetta Lautner (View Post)
I suffer from chronic headaches, when I get them I can be in bed for a couple of days. When they are really bad, I get sick to my stomach and am throwing up all the time.

I have everybody in my prayers.

Hi Jade. I am sorry you get them Do you know the type they are? Have you got them a long time? I don't mean to be nosy just trying to be helpful. A lot can find some if not all of their triggers especially if their onseted and not hereditary. I also know of a great community for suffers of headaches. I will post the website soon.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know what type of headaches they are, but they can be triggered from some foods and over 30 different scents, I can't be around perfume/cologne or air fresheners. They could be hereditary because my mom, dad, and sometimes, my brother get the bad headaches.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Lizabetta Lautner (View Post)
I don't know what type of headaches they are, but they can be triggered from some foods and over 30 different scents, I can't be around perfume/cologne or air fresheners. They could be hereditary because my mom, dad, and sometimes, my brother get the bad headaches.
Sounds like Migraines due to the sickness of the stomach and the fact of being brought on my foods and such. Though you may be a victim of sinus headaches to. There are really only five types that I know of and considering all the research I do I would almost defintly know if the was more. I am definitely going to post that site soon for you to check out. How does your family doctor deal w/them or does he/she. Lot of doctors think it is in our heads(as crazy/making it up/)or rebounds. I have suffered from headaches my whole life or as four back as i can remember.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

My doctors know that my headaches are not made up and that they are real. I am taking some medicine that helps with them. I would love to see the link.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

I am having a lot of problems with my neck spasms tonight (one of my biggest issues with my fibro is the connected neck spasms I have) and I've got myself hooked up with a neck heating pad and its currently 4:24 in the morning and I'm up in extreme pain watching tv and fiddling on the computer but not able to get comfortable enough to actually sleep.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I am sorry to hear that Pammie.

Donna
Old 10-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am having a lot of problems with my neck spasms tonight (one of my biggest issues with my fibro is the connected neck spasms I have) and I've got myself hooked up with a neck heating pad and its currently 4:24 in the morning and I'm up in extreme pain watching tv and fiddling on the computer but not able to get comfortable enough to actually sleep.
-Pammie
Pammie, when I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia in May of 1995, I had joint pain in all my joints.........also would get total body muscle spasms. These were so severe and painful that I often would pray I could die so I wouldn't feel the pain not one more second.

Now, I am on Celebrex for my arthritis, osteoarthritis.
Also, earlier this year started Lyrica for my fibromyalgia. No longer get full body muscle spasms. Drafts and windy weather isn't so painful.

I am still a "weather vein" but not as much pain as it is achiness!!!

I still get migraines but not as frequently since being on Topamax daily twice a day for about 10 years.
Also take dilaudid if needed and severe pain.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
-Pammie
Hope you wre finally able to get some sleep and praying that tonight will be better
Closed Thread   Post New Thread