Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

December is going by way too fast.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is.

Kim
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Meh. We're only a third of the way through, and it ends up with me being held hostage at my dad's, so.

The holiday grumps are in full swing, as you can see.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm getting there too Sunny, My Christmas cheer seems to be slowly leaving me. I'm just not feeling it these past few days.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't really have any this year. I've been relatively anti-holiday this year.

I hope things aren't as troubling as they can be Sunny.

Kali Sorry yours is leaving you, too.

Kim
Old 12-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not anti-holiday exactly. I just can't be pro-holiday either.

Mostly because the event never lives up to the build up and, honestly, I'm not sure it can't. So it's not even fair, really.

As I get older, though, it's becoming more and more about me just wanting to have a break and the family holiday thing being the antithesis of having a break.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

I love Christmas, one of my favorite holidays because I get to spend more time with family.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You definitely need the break.

It does never live up to the hype. Not any more.

Being around family is awkward for me. I always feel like I have to "act" happy, and excited, when I'm generally not.

Mandie it's nice you get to do that, then.

I watched Christmas Vacation again early this morning. That squirrel cracks me up.

Kim
Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's awesome, Mandie. That's what Christmas is supposed to be like.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didn't even begin to feel 'the Christmas Holiday feeling' until today, tbh, finally saw some lights and stuff going up around the neighborhood. i don't count the stores and their crass commercialization of Christmas, as the feeling, just people and their decorations and festive spirit, and oh yeah, family if you get along with them, that is.
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Kali Hope it comes back soon!

Sunny The break will be nice, and especially if you're able to spend it with family. Talking it one day at a time.

Kim Yes, we jam packed a lot into one day with my niece. We had her from Friday to Saturday, but I was babysitting Friday and so when I got home she was already asleep. Made a gingerbread house, she made some ornaments for her little Christmas tree, then she made some ornaments for my brother and her mom. My brother is her stepdad. And then we went to take her to see Santa, then we went to lupper (lunch/super). The one thing that my mom said today is she's been so used being the only one for 4 years that we need to make sure she knows she's still important to us because she's going to have a little brother in March. As she was waiting in line to see Santa yesterday I was buying her more Christmas gifts. After lupper we then went to go see Christmas lights as a family.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's sorta the point, Mandie. A break with my family isn't a break at all. I need a break, but I won't be getting one.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been out at night, so I don't really see lights anymore. That always did make me feel Christmas-y though.

We got 15 inches of snow, so, that puts me in the mood a little. Maybe once I go out tomorrow?

Mandie, that is so nice you guys pampered your niece so she would still feel important. Gingerbread houses are so much fun. Making ornaments is too. I'm glad she got to see Santa, and you got some shopping done. It was always fun as a kid to go out and look at Christmas lights.

Sunny, maybe you'll get some time alone, other than when you're asleep.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 12-11-2017 at 03:33 PM
Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I may have to "kidnap" my nephew and just focus on him.

I have a terrible, terrible plan, though. I mean, it's going to amuse me no end, but the reason I'll find it hilarious is why it's a terrible idea. Basically, a friend of mine bought a Christmas present online for her daughter and, when it arrived, she realized it was meant for toddlers, not... whatver a 3-year-old is supposed to be. It's "musical instruments" made out of wood. So, you know, heavy on the percussion.

Well, guess who's planning on giving that as a Christmas present to her nephew? I can just imagine my step-mother's face.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sunny that's a good plan

Reply   Post New Thread