Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2019, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

That sounds like a pretty rough deal. Sure, I’ll pray for you and your family.

Maybe sometimes just knowing that He is with you is “better than biscuits.” I know from my experience, every time I felt afraid, there just happened to be a Christian around -whether friend, coworker, or stranger- someone one was always there to encourage me to stay strong in the faith and to pray for my peace of mind. It happened way too many times to be mere coincidence. He was there with me. He always is.

Leanne, I have a small framed poster of that "Be still and know that I am God" verse in my kitchen. It’s one of my favorites too.

I find this one comforting as well:
Tech Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

For King and Country is simply amazing!!!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Miros

That is amazing that there were people around to pray for your welfare! It does seem God is looking out for us in that way. However you need to speak up and share what’s troubling and I’m usually too quiet for that to share with co workers or strangers.

That’s a good scripture too!
Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

If I just viewed them as coworkers and strangers, I most definitely would in no way be sharing personal fears with them; that’s for sure! I’m with you on that one. However, I don’t consider them coworkers or strangers, I think of them as brothers and sisters in Christ. There is a spiritual connection there that makes speaking up possible, at least for me. And the results have always been such a blessing to my soul.

Here’s another one of the songs that touches me:
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

I got asked today, who made God.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

^ Great opportunity to witness!
Old 01-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s good you guys share your faiths with each other at work to seek them out in hard times, Miros,

Nice music and lyrics!

See, i read that question literally, if someone asked me “who made God”, I’d probably tell them “well, probably the god that made Him, like He later made us”. But there is no doctrine I know of about the origins of our God of this Earth.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

I highly recommend it for you too. If that is something that interests you, pray for it. That's what I did. And I've been very blessed by such company.

Without context, that question can be taken as if someone was legit curious or as if someone was speaking in derision and mockery. Either way, it leaves the door open for peaceful witnessing.

This is one of those songs that I don’t realize I’m crying until I have to wipe the tears from my blurry eyes. It happens every time!
Old 01-27-2019, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s a really great song, maybe I teared up a bit, maybe not! Good voice on that singer!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited by reason to believe; 01-27-2019 at 11:44 PM
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Absolute Fan

First of all, it's been forever since I've been around these parts so hello again.

I was curious what you guys thought of the situation with Ellen Page calling out Chris Pratt for supporting a church that isn't completely LGBTQ inclusive. For the record I support and affirm LGBTQ Christians. That said I find it challenging to find a church that is affirming but not theologically watered down. I know Chris himself has never said either way what is view is so I won't begin to assume simply based on his affiliation with Hillsong.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ im sort of “over” what organized religions say about things.

Praying in my heart for someone right now, hoping they are ok.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
^ im sort of “over” what organized religions say about things.

Praying in my heart for someone right now, hoping they are ok.
Do you go to a place of worship?

I was more getting at the struggle to find an affirming church that is also theologically on point with the fundamentals of Christianity. I currently live in a coined bible-belt area in NB, Canada, None of the churches I attended were affirming. They weren't actively pushing for laws or endorsing conversion therapy but it was clear what their position was.

As for affirming churches the only one I know of is the United Church of Canada. But they have no theological affirmation and even allowed an atheists to lead at a Church in Ontario.

I really long for being with a community of believers. But is it worth being part of church that say same-sex married is a sin?
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t know. My former church I was raised in has too many signs of the B.I.T.E. model for cult-like behaviours and I left.

I’d recommend a non-demoninational church. I’d also like the idea of a church community where the messages each Sunday are hopeful, uplifting and encouraging. The one I used to go to depended on creating shame, guilt and being judged “worthy” or “unworthy”.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:42 PM
Absolute Fan

I heard about the Southern Baptist sex abuse scandal today. I'm praying for all those effected that they find healing and reconciliation.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

^ Wolves in sheep's clothing. It's terrible.

I know this is a completely unpopular thing to state in today’s society (and probably since the beginning of the church age), but ingrained in the deepest pit of my soul is the belief that the Bible is the true, living Word of God. With that said, it's nearly impossible this day and age to find a church that doesn’t compromise sound doctrine, but the one I attend doesn’t stray too much, I think. I like going there. Plus, I also know of at least one church that will stand firm in the Word. And that's comforting.

Leanne, hope all is well with the person you were praying for. Anyway, be good to yourself. Take care. God bless!
Reply   Post New Thread