Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome, thanks Mandie

That a nice verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KindKennen* (View Post)
That we are in the "end times" and that history is repeating itself. God doesn't want us to kill one another as individuals and yet sometimes he calls us to fight in wars and kill groups of people. We are to LOVE others as we love ourselves. We aren't to agree with what everybody does or says but to love them in such a way that we show respect in how we treat them as individuals as long as we aren't needing to break God's laws to accomplish that. Or the laws of the land.

What about you, Dave???
This is something my mother has been saying for the last 4 years, she's been convinced and constantly says that a specific world leader speaks with a forked tongue. She is also a firm believer that a lot of this started with the removal of God and prayers in so many places.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise at Midnight (View Post)
Awesome, thanks Mandie

That a nice verse

This is something my mother has been saying for the last 4 years, she's been convinced and constantly says that a specific world leader speaks with a forked tongue. She is also a firm believer that a lot of this started with the removal of God and prayers in so many places.
yea..that's in the book of Revelations and people do think he's in power in a country already
Old 07-31-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a powerful image

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Mother Teresa Is Canonized as a Saint Just 19 Years After Her Death : People.com
Old 09-05-2016, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe I should pray for sleep!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

^I have been praying that you have been getting better sleep!!!

It is almost November. October is the month Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving Day. In the U.S. we celebrate it in November. We as Christians have a lot to be thankful for every day of the year. Doesn't matter where we live, we can celebrate thanksgiving day everyday. Not formally with a complete traditional dinner but by sharing what we are thankful for.

It is easy to name things we don't like or feel is wrong with your life or the world...

It can take a while to turn a negative mindset to a grateful & thankful heart. When you do, it is amazing how your outlook changes as your focus changes!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

It is now December 6th!!! How do you and your family celebrate Christmas???

How does it differ from when you were a child???

Have you started any new traditions over the years???

Is Christmas time a happy or sad time for you???

For many of us, it is a happy family gathering with relatives and friends.
At the same time, for many, it is a sad and depressing time when family get together. We might feel rejected and neglected. Unloved and unlovable.

Do we remember what Christmas is even about and why it is celebrated once a year???
Old 12-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My family goes to church parties, like tonight is a turkey dinner and party. On Christmas Eve, our extended relatives like cousins plus their kids all gather for appetizers, and we "fish" for cheap gifts we all get each other just to open some stuff before Christmas morning. The kids usually act out the manger scene, we play Christmas bells, etc. It's just cozy and fun.
Some years we do have progressive appetizers where we go to 3 different houses for different snacks. It's not too different from childhood for me, our traditions and people are still around, except we have more kids now, hahah

Christmas Day usually we lounge around, but this holiday lands on Sunday so I guess going to church is in the plans.

Christmas is a happy time, for me, cause I still have family and relatives close by to do stuff with and I get two weeks off work so those are positive. The only conflicting feelings is the pressure to attend get together for work or church, since I'm sort of not the biggest fan of social gatherings when there are so many or people expect you to go. I know I should enjoy them, but mostly, if I go, it's for food, lol
Old 12-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
My family goes to church parties, like tonight is a turkey dinner and party. On Christmas Eve, our extended relatives like cousins plus their kids all gather for appetizers, and we "fish" for cheap gifts we all get each other just to open some stuff before Christmas morning. The kids usually act out the manger scene, we play Christmas bells, etc. It's just cozy and fun.
Some years we do have progressive appetizers where we go to 3 different houses for different snacks. It's not too different from childhood for me, our traditions and people are still around, except we have more kids now, hahah

Christmas Day usually we lounge around, but this holiday lands on Sunday so I guess going to church is in the plans.

Christmas is a happy time, for me, cause I still have family and relatives close by to do stuff with and I get two weeks off work so those are positive. The only conflicting feelings is the pressure to attend get together for work or church, since I'm sort of not the biggest fan of social gatherings when there are so many or people expect you to go. I know I should enjoy them, but mostly, if I go, it's for food, lol
Leanne Sounds like you have some fun Christmas traditions.

Sometimes, even when you love getting together with your family...you still need to get away for alone time.

I know I need an hour a day of alone time minimum.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For unto Us a Child is born
Unto Us a Son is given
And the government shall be upon His shoulder
And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
– Isaiah 9:6

- Adoration of the Child - Giovanni Tiepolo

Merry Christmas from my family to yours. May it be filled with love and joy.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Christine Thank you for sharing the picture and Scripture about our Lord and Savior!!!

How was your Christmas celebration???

Mine was quiet but wonderful!!! Was with my husband and adult kids that live at home(both are under the autism spectrum. One high functioning /Asperger's and son severe and knows Sign Language. He is very vocal but nonverbal. He lost his speech/vocabulary at around age 2. He knew approx 100 words.) We celebrated the birth of Chris.

How was everybody else's celebration??? I know it can be a very sad and or stressful time getting together with family who aren't supportive.

Last edited by *KindKennen*; 01-10-2017 at 06:27 AM
Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a good holiday break.

Sometimes the thought of "at least God loves you" is the last thing to try to hold onto. Still a distanced thing tho.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you; may he be gracious to you, show you his favor, and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26
Old 02-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

^:Love this passage!!!

The verse for the year for me in 2017 is Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."