Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do think that the wives, girlfriends and partners should know to expect some level of public adulation.

I don't know that I believe it makes them more loyal than anyone else, though.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is probably just that I notice their loyalty more. Cause we clearly have seen not all of them remain loyal.

Kim
Old 08-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, he's so quirky handsome. He is on Elementary, right?

Kim
Old 08-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jonny Lee Miller is on Elementary. I couldn't find pictures to support what I'm about to say, but he's not just quirky handsome; he's also incredibly hot sometimes.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe that. It's hard when you can't find the right pictures to fit your points about them.

Is Elementary done airing now?

Kim
Old 08-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

The current season ends in mid-September, Kim. And it's been renewed, so more to come.

It airs at weird times because, apparently, no one watches it in the United States, but it makes a boatload of money abroad.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do remember them shifting Elementary around, endlessly.

It's great it got renewed for the people in other countries to be able to see it.

Kim
Old 08-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I certainly appreciate that I still have Elementary in my life and will continue to do so.

Meanwhile, another celebrity crush of mine:

Old 08-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He is pretty tough looking. Sexy, too. Okay, who is that? You know me, I know nothing about most things like this. Who is he, and what is he from?

This is Idris Elba. Have you seen The Mountain Between Us, with Kate Winslet as his co-star? I watched for her, but completely fell for him. Or, maybe the character.

Kim
Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's Chadwick Boseman, who recently came to fame with his starring role in the Marvel movie Black Panther. I know him from playing the role of Jackie Robinson in the movie 42 and being in a little TV series you may have heard of called Persons Unknown (also starring Jason Wiles). He was born and raised in South Carolina (per his Wikipedia page).

I haven't seen The Mountain Between Us, but I know Idris Elba of old. He's in the Thor movies, for one. But he's also a major star in his native UK, so he's been on a lot of the chat shows I watch from over there. He's also a DJ, did you know that?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never got to see 42, and I haven't seen the Black Panther movies (though I've read great things about it). Oh wow-I've going to have to check, cause I did watch that show. If only my memory where what it used to be.

Either way, he's very handsome.

No! I know nothing about Idris. I had to look him up, after I saw the movie, to even get his name. That's very cool. He may end up being the next James Bond. I guess there is a lot of discussion by people in the industry who say he should be.

Kim
Old 08-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Idris has released a statement this week saying he wasn't going to be the next James Bond. Of course, that doesn't really mean anything these days.

But, and I hate to say this, he is a bit old to play James Bond.

I've been on the bandwagon for him to play James Bond for years, now. And not just because it'd be nice to have a non-caucasian person playing Bond. He could carry that role. He's got the acting chops, the ability to do action and he's got charisma oozing out of his pores.

But I don't know. It may be too late.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, that's a really good point about his age. I haven't seen any James Bond movies, but they all seemed pretty young.

Really? I'm so jealous you've known of him all of this time.

How old was Sean Connery when he played Bond? Oh, I guess pretty young.

Kim
Old 08-26-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, you're right, Sean Connery played James Bond into his 50s. So, yeah, Idris could still play him.

But I don't know if Sean Connery "got away" with playing him so long because he was the first James Bond or maybe because, back then, James Bond wasn't as physical a chracter to play.

It would be nice to see, if I'm honest. I guess it's up to the producers and to Idris himself to decide whether they'd be willing to try.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread