Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

The Canvas Club: For the Artist

Hi all!

I thought there were too many different clubs in here for there not to be a club for us Artists!

Doesn't matter what kind of art you do, Acrylic, water color, drawing, ceramics, etc. I thought we needed a thread where we could share ideas with each other and definitely post pictures of our art. I hope you guys post!
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
SweetLisaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Ooo, great idea!

I'm a photographer. Or rather, trying to be. I can't afford to go to school for it yet, but i have taken a class, and entered some photos in the county fair.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

oohh! how cool, a thread for artists

I love to draw. Maybe I could post some pics of my drawings, they're nothing special, just little drawings here and there. Im trying to get into something like that, take a few classes, learn a thing or two.

-- Patti
--
~*Cubby*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Have you taken classes before, in school or something? I would definitely reccomend it. I loved my photo classes. A lot of people told me they took a little bit of photo in high school, but i was homeschooled through high school, so i didn't get a chance.

And i would love to post some of my photos too, but i have yet to figure out how. Or rather to really take the time to do it.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I took a couple art classes during High School, was gonna take a art class this year but I decided to take something else.
I could post a little pic I drew of Winnie the Pooh, now...if I could only find it.

Winnie the Pooh

Well, I made it bigger, and put a link there instead.

-- Patti
--

Last edited by ~*Cubby*~; 02-20-2005 at 03:35 PM
Old 02-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Omg, that's amazing! Especially the part with Pooh's face, the proportions are perfect.

I really wish i could figure out how to post my photos. I have pictures of me in the computer, just not ones i've taken.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinleyN1derland
Omg, that's amazing! Especially the part with Pooh's face, the proportions are perfect.

I really wish i could figure out how to post my photos. I have pictures of me in the computer, just not ones i've taken.
lol. Thanks. I do have to admit...Im a perfectionist when it comes to my drawings, it took me a while to draw that whole thing.

I really wish I could help you, but like I said, I have no idea...I just have a cord that connects to my computer and I took a pic of that drawing I have no scanner.

-- Patti
--
Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Extreme Fan

lol I'm quite the perfectionist too. I only take film, not digital, 'cause it's too much of an easy fix.

Do you draw with pencils, or charcol, or pastels?
Old 02-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

pencils. Im trying out pastels...so far..blah.

-- Patti
--
Old 02-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi there i'm Julie from france ^^

Well this club is such a brilliant idea
Yeah i like drawing a lot actually i'm more of an anime artist, i like the japanese style very much and i mainly draw on this one

So yeah i guess i could put pix of mine i use pencil and sometimes watercolors or inks ... you can take a look at some of my pix here or here

BTW this Winnie the pooh pix is so adorable

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Cite Des Anges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cite Des Anges
Hi there i'm Julie from france ^^

Well this club is such a brilliant idea
Yeah i like drawing a lot actually i'm more of an anime artist, i like the japanese style very much and i mainly draw on this one

So yeah i guess i could put pix of mine i use pencil and sometimes watercolors or inks ... you can take a look at some of my pix here or here

BTW this Winnie the pooh pix is so adorable
oh wow! I like them alot! Wish I could draw like that lol. I can't use watercolor to save my life

-- Patti
--
Old 02-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
oh wow! I like them alot! Wish I could draw like that lol. I can't use watercolor to save my life
Thx a lot .... As for water colours well you can try ! i discovered it few months ago and i'm totally fond of it now

Old 02-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

I know, I can try... the first time I tried, it was really bad, it didn't even look like what I was drawing, which was some kind of scenery lol, plus I used too much water...

Just thought I'd post another drawing, of Tigger this time

Tigger!

-- Patti
--
Old 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Awww so cute ! are you a winnie the pooh fan ?

Quote:
the first time I tried, it was really bad, it didn't even look like what I was drawing, which was some kind of scenery lol, plus I used too much water...
Bah it's just a matter of practise ... like almost everything related to art, the more you parctise the better it will get so don't give up ! ... and well if you use too much water you can try a more absorbant paper or buy something that holds your paper while it dries out ^^

Old 02-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cite Des Anges
Awww so cute ! are you a winnie the pooh fan ?

Bah it's just a matter of practise ... like almost everything related to art, the more you parctise the better it will get so don't give up ! ... and well if you use too much water you can try a more absorbant paper or buy something that holds your paper while it dries out ^^
lol. Well, you could say that, Im not sure. I just like drawing whatever I like, and I just happened to find those certain pics really cute so I drew them.

lol, yup. Practice makes perfect, or almost. lol

-- Patti
--
Reply   Post New Thread