Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cancer Support | It's October - Start Getting Extra Friendly With Your Boobs!

Many people are affected by this dreadful disease sometime in their lives, myself included. This is a place for you to share your worries, whether you have cancer yourself or have to watch a loved one fight it.

*Spike's kitten- lucky 13...meow!*

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 10-02-2014 at 03:23 PM
Old 05-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

hey there. i hope you're doin ok
i have watched a few members of my family fight this disease. I lost my favourite aunt to cervical cancer. I hate how it ruins people's lives. It's so not fair
Old 05-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I myself have never had cancer, but I do know several people who have previously had it or that have it now. Many of them have been rather close to me, and I know it's a hard situation to go through. No on should have to fight it, it isn't right.

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited Chrissalaugha ]

Chrissy |
Old 05-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Addicted Fan

I do not have Cancer but I lost my Dad to Cancer when I was 15. Although I cannot pretend to know how severe your pain and your worries are, I do know how it feels to watch a loved one suffer, which is agony in itself.

I have to admit that I feel completely helpless when it comes to Cancer. I am a supporter of Cancer research and a Partner in Hope for St. Jude Hospital. I pray that one day they find a cure, and I have confidence that they will.

My heart goes out to each and every person touched by this disease. I especially cannot imagine what the little ones are going through. I just pray that God somehow provides them with a very special kind of peace as they fight to get better.

I will be frequenting this thread in the future, but if anyone needs support, count me as one person you can lean on. E-mail me. IM me. PM me. Just let me know.

[ 05-27-2003: Message edited I3rown Eyed Girl ]
Old 05-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that you are okay, but i'll be checking here sometimes. We found out a month ago that my aunt has cancer. She has lung cancer and since she has smoked for many years, they could not operate on her because of her breathing being so heavy. So, right now she is on experimental chemo and they've given her an 60/40 chance of survival. All we can do is pray and hope that she will be okay. She is just now starting to lose her hair and she herself decided to shave it off. She amazes all of us that through everything she has an amazing gift for life and her willingness to live each day to the fullest. She has decided to fight this disease and I pray she does make it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 05-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

I lost my grandmother to colon cancer last October and that was so hard to deal with because she was the first close relative that we'd ever lost. I miss her dearly but I know that she has been freed from her pain and that she's in God's kingdom. Wonderland, it must be amazingly hard what you are going through. I know you must try to be as strong as you can.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 05-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

I lost my grandfather to lung cancer in the summer I was entering eighth grade. They gave him 8-12 months, he lasted 3. My grandmother, however, was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. They gave her 3 months, she lasted 3 years. My father's currently in remission from Lymphoma.

wonderland (or anyone else), if you ever need/want to talk, my AIM sn is indiansummer521. Feel free to IM me whenever you'd like.

Wenn man füreinander bestimmt ist, kann die Welt untergehen – aber man ist wenigstens zu zweit. Lieber gemeinsam ertrinken, als alleine verbrennen.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

My mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer last month. were still trying to decide on treatment..

I know in my heart, I know in my mind,
we're meant to be, are you feelin' me yo.
I'm the girl in your life, I'm the one you call wife,
Old 06-03-2003, 04:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that everyone is having to go through this. I forgot to leave my AIM name, it's I3rownEyedGirl if anyone needs to chat. God bless you all.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

life sucks you take it in stride... it helps to have the people that we talk to though...

Old 06-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi, my grandmother died of caner when i was 16 it turned my life upside down...as it does [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
they never found out were the caner started from as it was all through her by the time she died.
She was told she had a cold and was sent home with antibotics...she died 5 months later [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I remember not wanting to go and see her cause it scared me to see her like that in the hospital...but i went. On the day of her death the family went to see her in the hospital as they were going to move her to another hospital closer to us all. They had a party to welcome her back [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i didn't go...later that night she died...

i quess what i'm trying to say is no matter what you are going through go and see the one's you love when there sick, you never now when they are going to leave us. Life can be short, enjoy your family and friends company [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

take care, hugs and kisses to all of you
Old 06-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wonderland_wannabe I hope you're doing ok [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and I hope everyone's doing ok [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't have cancer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] but I lost my grandfather in 1999 to cancer [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
We didn't know he had cancer until he when into hospital, he later died 4 days after [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
He was really sick and we didn't know
He lived with us but in his granny flat [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
My mum ask him to make a list, what he would like to do in 2000, and she didn't know he had cancer
My family, feels cheated [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Also my mum's friend's son died from cancer last year, he was only 19 year old [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 01:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Im spending as much time with my mom as possible.. i mean i live 12 hours away from her but shes visiting me and im glad that shes here with me...

Old 06-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] to everyone!!!

Alicia, i'm sorry about your mom. Have they decided if they are going to do surgery or not? That was the hard thing about my aunt. Not able to do surgery at all. I am going to see her this weekend for a big birthday bash. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 06-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

We still dont know yet.. were still waiting on more test results... We should know soon...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread