Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Broken Hearts Club #59 - Truly Great Friends Are Hard To Find, Difficult To Leave, And Impossible To Forget

"One thing about being in love is that if you are, you'd never doubt it to begin with. There'd be no question. And no matter how much joy and pain that love gives you, that person always takes your breath away."

Member List:
Daisy34 - Kelly 6/14
cute_kitten - Dora 7/12
Scooby_Doo - M 8/17
Wicked_Design - Tracy 4/8
Suzan83 - Suzy 9/3
AEOllie - Ash 8/23
Cherié £u£u - Cher 7/4
\m/beefshake-weezer\m/ - Lyndsey
*M*L*3602 - Leslie 8/19
Lexi A. - Erin 4/27
Rosie1370 - Mandy 7/28
JenMixelle - Jen 09/29
silver lining - Kat
MiSaKimz - Kimberley
~+Yamiko - Kris

The BHC Soundtrack:
Suzy ~ Juliet Lloyd - Come Tomorrow
Kat ~ Rilo Kiley - Science vs Romance

Member Websites:
Ashley ~ Just the typical facts of a typical life in a town on the Eastern Shore
Cher ~ Walking Cindrella
Kat ~ you're like a detective or something
Leslie ~ § Just a girl with a destiny and ordinary dreams §
Suzy ~ G33K POWERED v.3...ish || the grey area revisisted
Jen ~ "Could I be any more of a freak?"
Erin ~ the word is on your lips.
Dora ~ Kimberley's Blogging Life
Kimberley ~ Kimberley's Blogging Life

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Household Messages!

Welcome to the new thread everyone! Sorry about the simple banner, I'm on my laptop so I don't have my Photoshop weaponry with me atm

Couple of things I would love for you guys to do:

- Check if I missed out anyone on the updated active members list. If other people come back, I'll add them to the list as we go along.
- There are a couple of birthdays missing from the list, would be great if we could add those.
- Provide me with a link to a recent picture of yourselves so I can link your member list name to it.
- Provide me with a new personal song for the BHC soundtrack list.
- Let me know if you want your website listed to the members' websites list.

Hope you all like the title! I wanted something that would symbolize all of us reconnecting here on the thread

Last edited by Dances With Poodles; 02-05-2009 at 08:30 AM
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay for a new thread! Thanks for updating and shortening the first post, Suzy. It looks a lot better.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm being all clandestine and signing in from work, but really..how can I get through work without lovely distractions? (including the boy emailing me, and wondering if he's distracting me too much.. pfft!)

Kelly WHOA! I have a vague, foggy memory but for me, you and Dora are the gals I remember the MOST. But in a vague way all the same.

What kind of boy troubles was I going through way back when?! I can't even remember lol
Old 02-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSaKimz (View Post)
Kelly WHOA! I have a vague, foggy memory but for me, you and Dora are the gals I remember the MOST. But in a vague way all the same.
That is *exactly* it! I couldn't have said it better myself. I remember you the most (besides Lyndsey b/c I kept contact with her) and our wacky MSN conversations, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were about. I was in love with Kevin back in the day though. Oh gosh that was a LONG time ago!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy34 (View Post)
I was in love with Kevin back in the day though.
What happened to Kevin? I vaguely remember him.

But you have really made a life for yourself with the 2 degrees and 3 jobs. How did you get those jobs? Any strategies for those who find themselves jobless and cannot seem to get one?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1370 (View Post)
What happened to Kevin? I vaguely remember him.

But you have really made a life for yourself with the 2 degrees and 3 jobs. How did you get those jobs? Any strategies for those who find themselves jobless and cannot seem to get one?
Kevin has been married for almost 2 years now and we're still best friends. I was even the best man in his wedding. He lives an hour away right now but come summer we will FINALLY live in the same city which makes me very very happy!

It took me awhile to find my teaching job, but with a connection, I finally landed it. My part time job is in the education department at the local amusement park and my third job is tutoring and I get that through my school. So for being 24, the money is pretty nice!

I believe it's you that I just accepted as a friend on facebook. If I got it wrong, I'm sorry. I'm still overwhelmed.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Goodness, I came here to check who all had responded since my guy was asleep and it looks like you were all very busy!

Suzy - Heh, I was kind of surprised that I got this password on the first try. It took me four tries to remember my LJ one. Thought for sure I would have to request the password for the one here.

My bichon mix is also quite the jumper and mischief maker. I have so many shirts with holes in now because of him. He is like a rabbit with the way he jumps around. Catches my shirt on his way up and my socks on his way down. Does yours have very skinny nails? His start out thick and get very small by the quick, so his nails always seem to be sharp no matter how often I file them. Wasn't sure if that was a bichon physical trait or not. Also, does your bichon "talk"? I've heard many bichon owners saying their bichons and bichon mixes seem to be talking. Either they make a lot of grumbling noises or it sounds like they learn actual words. I swear mine back talks me. I'll tell him not to do something and then I'll hear "No". Sometimes I ask who made the mess and it sounds like he says "I don't know". Would wonder if he had respect issues if he didn't make up for it by sometimes saying what sounds like "I love you". Those little dogs are such clowns.

And thank you! I think I mentioned some details about him in my LJ entry. Just didn't list his phone number or anything.

Jen - Your little girl, Anna, is so adorable! She is going to send boys to this thread one day!

I'd also love to offer you some snow. The ice covered snow from Thursday had just turned to mush yesterday when it started to snow yet again here. Supposed to get snow all night and tomorrow. So far no calls for ice or freezing rain yet. *crosses fingers*

Kim - Very nice to see you here! I understand where you are coming from with the texting. However, I do find it rather promising and telling that he called you back after you texted him. If he honestly found it to be too much this early on in your relationship, then he could have easily ignored the message or sent you a text back. Instead he went out of his way to make that extra step of keeping it personal by giving you a call back in response. Seems to me that his actions say he didn't mind that you wanted to talk to him again. His actions could even suggest that he wanted to talk to you just as much as you wanted to talk to him. *hugs*

Ah, just read your new post. Would the boy distracting you with the emails happen to be Kerry?

Dora - I really hope you were able to be with your guy tonight!!! Details when you get back, please. PG, of course.

I so love the flirting/naughty stage of a relationship. Reading this makes me tempted to wake up my guy.

Kat - I thought I had read somewhere on here that you were another BHCer engaged but I didn't want to say anything in case I mixed that up. Anyway, a huge congrats to you and to Tom! I'm glad the two of you are still going strong. *hugs*

Cher - Good to see you back! How is everything with you? *hugs* I love your new av, btw. So bright and cheery during this long and cold Winter.

Kris - Ah, I didn't realize that was you! I do remember your old user name from before.

Kelly - You sound quite successful with your life! Teaching must fill you with such a sense of pride in what you do.

Mandy A reunion thread sounds very nice! I do believe that Suzy might have something planned given how excited she is to start the new thread. Can't wait to see it! Ah, and there is it! Thought I was ready to post after four pages and saw the link to the new thread. lol.

Thanks for the new thread, Suzy! I love the new banner and thread title! Now I need to find a new pic. I'll probably end up looking the same since I still look like a teenager. Hmm. What song to choose, too.

ETA: I'm also wondering about Anabela and how she is doing. Checked her LJ last night and I think it said she hasn't posted since 2006. I know I used to have her address somewhere, but she has probably moved by now. Wonder if her email address might be on her LJ page. Will have to check that out or see if I have it saved somewhere.
The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever.

Last edited by *M*L*3602; 02-03-2009 at 09:23 PM
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Leslie, I am always amazed at your ability to mention every single person who has posted in your comments.

And yes, Kelly that was me you accepted as a friend on FB. I can't believe Kevin is married, but I am very happy that the 2 of you are still as close as you are.

I'm hoping that with a connection I will be able to get a teaching job as well, but I am extremely nervous about having 20 or so kids to teach!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks, Mandy! I go a little crazy with the comments.

LJ is down for maintenance and doesn't say when it will be back up on the error page I am getting. Didn't find Anabela's email address in my address book, either. Hopefully it is on her LJ page.

So, I decided to check for an updated pic while I wait for LJ to get back up. The most recent one I could find was probably from the Summer of last year when I had my hair cut to almost chin length. Figured I might as well get an updated one since I've been growing my hair out again. Picture. Only have some lip balm on because I suck badly when it comes to makeup. Not sure why I look flushed in the pic. Maybe the pink shirt reacted to my pale skin.

I just noticed that you have your pic up, Suzy. You are a cutie! You also haven't changed a bit.
The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, thanks for adding my name to the list. It's kind of weird that all those times I've been posting here, I didn't really add my name to the list. Don't know why though. Laziness?

Wow, after 1 1/2 years, there's finally a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *M*L*3602 (View Post)

Kris - Ah, I didn't realize that was you! I do remember your old user name from before.
I think I've seen your screen name before. I'm trying to see if I could remember so sorry if I seem a bit slow.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Morning everyone

Oh, pretty new thread Um... Suzy, can you please add me to the list? This one is from after I stopped posting Goes to show how very very long ago I used to post here
(DOB: 09/29, LJ link: http://jenmixelle.livejournal.com, song: Not sure of a specific one at the mo, pic: Um, I have to find one where I don't look like a totally exhausted Mom of a toddler )

Kelly: Wow, teaching... tried that a few times, you have my deepest respect. Kids are exhausting

Tracy: Just for a laugh, I found a PM from you dating back to 2002 in my inbox Something about closing down and a board where the BHC has moved to

Hm, I'm kind of wondering how good it is that this thread has not just faded into oblivion with all of us being happy and in healthy relationships and all that But then, what would we call our reunion?
I'm just racking my brain for anyone else who used to post here... I even attacked the Wayback Machine and the Archives, but the really old original threads must've gotten lost in the big crash Anyone remember Z?

How's everyone this morning?

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Man.. lol I feel as if I already need this thread, or need you girls giving me advice and stuff!

(Yet I haven't been back in so long!)

Wow.. Leslie I totally remember your user name TOO!!! Man I seriously wish I could rescuscitate (is that spelt right, my brain is switched off?) my old username.. that'd be way cool!

I'm feeling a wee bit insecure. And its completely irrational. I mean, after flirty emails back and forth today, me worrying that I'm bugging him, him worrying that he's interrupting my work (yes, but in a GOOD way) and he even came to visit me tonight, not being able to wait til the weekend, I'm feeling insecure. This heatwave is driving me crazy, so my flat is always warm, and so its not the most impressive place to hang out, but he lives with his parents.. so that's not in for now.

And I keep wondering.. where do we stand? Its dating for now, but it feels like more, because we talk heaps you know? I mean, when he's at his desk at work, he emails me He's not much of a net guy, he doesn't even have Facebook but he emails me, and writes xo! Or he'll text me, randomly and stuff, though not back and forth, you know.. just enough.

But I worry that he'll still think I'm not worth it for the long haul - though as Dora will know from reading my LJ, he's been doing plenty of things to show he's interested. I just wish I had a bit more words.. Is that greedy?

Sorry for the rambling ..
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, I'm gone for a day and so many posts to catch up on...wish I was like Leslie to be able to comment on everyone's post...

I sent a Christmas card to Anabela but didn't get a reply, so no idea what she is up to these days...

I will post more later...but you can all gather where I spent the night

Talk to you all later

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Dora: Did you get any sleep?

Kim: Hm, insecurities are usually hard to just discard, even if a guy is obviously interested... which this one seems to be, big time. I think it's just a matter of time before you actually get some security from his actions An no, you're not being greedy, you just need a bit more reassurance than some people consider enough.
Is it just that you'd like him to tell you how interested he is instead of doing things that indicate he is?

OK, I'm officially addicted to Then again, it's more reliable then men

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Afternoon everyone.

Wow, a new thread! Thanks, Suzy!
As for a song, I think I'll pick "Science vs Romance" by Rilo Kiley

Dora Hope you had a great date.

Cher Lovely to see you here and I'm glad they sorted out your account for you.

Kelly, sure sounds like you're keeping busy! That's great that you and Kevin are still close and will be living in the same city soon

Kim, I don't think it sounds like you have any reason to be insecure and I don't think you're being greedy to want more reassurance but I guess it's natural to feel like that. When things are relatively new and there's a bit of uncertainty on the one hand it's fresh and exciting, on the other it can make you anxious

Quote:
wish I was like Leslie to be able to comment on everyone's post...
Me too! I'm totally out of practice with making long replies

Kat | icon |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread