Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

British Thread #69: We're the fastest posters in the west!

Welcome to the British thread on the Communities board!

All newbies are welcome – have a cup of tea and make yourselves at home!

Roll Call
~Catrina~
Scooby_Doo
TimW
-Kat-
Cici-inator
lunabunny
BeMyBaby
TiggerBlue
sapphiress
chandelier2
Star21
heroesfan23
SiriuslyPotter
Luceuk
thegirlinquestion_x
Stacey01
Amy_UK
.:Marshmallow!Hobo:.
Chareey

If you want to be on the list just PM the thread starter or comment on the thread.

Essential items for all British posters
A CD of all 4 national anthems
Book containing poetry by both William Shakespeare and Robert Burns
Tickets to Wimbledon
A copy of Heat magazine
Bottle of Irn Bru
Set of the Famous Five books
Bar of Cadbury’s chocolate
DVD of Doctor Who
Football rule book
Umbrella for use in all seasons

Feel free to post any suggestions to be added to this list on the thread.

I have just one thing left to saypost away and have fun!

Last edited by tender looks; 02-10-2008 at 06:38 PM
Old 01-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread!

Great title.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday, that seems wrong somehow

Kat | icon |
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I KNOW. It has felt like a long week, like it should be later somehow.

So, not impressed with House last night for obvious reasons. ONE CRAPPY SCENE? After a freaking two month hiatus? Not happy. And Sunday doesn't look like it will be an improvement, because of this Mira Sorvino chick. I DON'T CARE IF SHE'S AN OSCAR WINNER, GTF OFF MY SCREEN. I wish they'd quit focusing on new people and guest stars and go back to focusing on the original characters, and by that I do mean Cuddy, kplzthanx.

Nothing like a good whine to start the day. Again.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

I LOVE MIRA SORVINO, Romy and Michele is the freakin' shizzle. can't believe you'd ever hate on Romy White!

Oh, I haven't done those picture for the opening post. Must find time.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I LOVE MIRA SORVINO, Romy and Michele is the freakin' shizzle. can't believe you'd ever hate on Romy White!
I'd hate on Jesus if he interfered with my Lisa screentime. Especially after a two month hiatus which has felt more like two years. And after Sorvino's episode there's only one more left, so I'm getting antsy.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Alright, point taken.

Actually, you have just inspired me to make an icon or two when I get home. Replacing my Emily icon

IT'S BLASPHEMY!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're gonna have a non-Emily icon? I am SHOCKED.

Oooh, the shiny new telly is here. Woot. I shall be watching your game tonight in HD widescreen.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

I do, on occasion have non-Emily icons, but they only last a day or two before I want her back. Talk about obsessive compulsive!

I wasn't aware the game was on terrestrial TV. I'm not happy with my club at the moment anyway, far from it. This whole Hutton thing. Cousin, too, though I couldn't give a rat's about him (lazy git), and the fact we've signed no one with a day of this window left. I start to wonder if Murray even wants Rangers Football Club to win another title the way he's carrying on. And I see that Celtic signed Samaras. Yet another player Walter Smith signs for Celtic. It's not like it hasn't happened before: Derek Riordan (alright, McLeish went for him) Paul Hartley, Scott Brown, Scott McDonald - need I say any more? Get your own scout Strachan, don't be so lazy and use Watty for your deals.

Speaking of Broon, its been reported that he's unhappy at the Giro dome and will seek a transfer request to try and get out of there before the window shuts. You made your bed boy, lie in it.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
and the fact we've signed no one with a day of this window left.
Yeah - ditto on that. Hello, second bottom of the league here Mr Jefferies. We need players, stat.

Quote:
its been reported that he's unhappy at the Giro dome and will seek a transfer request to try and get out of there before the window shuts. You made your bed boy, lie in it.
I take your attitude. You chose to go there Scott, now live with it. He's overrated anyway, honestly. Last time we were at Parkhead he screwed something up right in front of our fans and we all started singing "What a waste of money!" Because he is, 4 million my bum!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen House yet, hopefully I'll be able to download it quickly tonight.

I have a headache, I can't take wine like I used to be able too I need food so I hope the sandwich man comes soon

Kat | icon |
Old 01-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

I would say Scott Brown is a decent player, its just he is never worth £4.4m. Same with Hutton, I adore the guy and I wish he'd just stay with us but when you look at it, £9m for him should be viewed as robbery from anybody associated with Tottenham Hotspur because it is, he's not worth that. Craig Gordon isn't worth £10m either, look at the goals he is shipping in down there, okay, I know it's Sunderland and not Manchester United, but still. It just goes to show that the prices down in the Premiership are way inflated.

And Sky Sports are reporting we are launching a £3.5m bid for Burnley's Kyle Lafferty. Okay, so the lad is a well known Blue nose and a decent prospect but jeez, that's way too much for him, he plays in the Championship not the EPL for crissakes! Football, its a funny old business ain't it?

Upside, Arsenal hammered Newcastle 3-0 again last night, top of the table. Come on and chase us Man Utd if you think you're hard enough. I wonder how long it will take for Newcastle to actually score a goal under Keegan.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

To be fair to Craig Gordon, he does have an absolutely horrendous defence in front of him. The mistakes he makes of his own accord are few and far between. I wish he'd gone somewhere decent.

And now I'm off to inspect said shiny new telly and see how it works, it might take me all day to figure it out. Toodles for now.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Total Fan

Woohoo you went for my silly cold-medicine induced title

We finally just had our new lock fitted after those bastards smashed our door in a few weeks ago. Honestly, my landlord is completely useless
Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Catrina this may make you laugh, considering I know how you feel about him, just read this on the Rangers Media forum about the possible transfer of Kyle Lafferty:

Quote:
Suddenly Colin Nish on a freebie does not seem so bad

That brought a smile to my face after seeing Hutton has indeed gone to Stinky Spurs.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ahem, yes. I think I took about twenty minutes to recover from hysterics there. The deadline's ticking down, unless anything happens very quick we're stuck with the big galoot for a while yet.

I loves the new telly, it's all black and shiny. And the channels, oh my! I've been hopping around all day. Mainly had Sky Sports on for all the transfer info. We can't figure out how to get the old VCR wired in again, so the techie man's coming back tomorrow, but apart from that it's great.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread