K'Vruck - Loves sci-fi/fantasy
CIBO - Loves science fact/fiction
Grace Like Rain - Loves historical romance/comtempary romance
Hot Rod - Loves everything except for romance
He Is Mighty To Save - Loves fantasy
AtomicEmpress - Loves a variety of romance
Future husband of Kelly.
Talkative One - Loves Paranormal (mainly in YA) and historian literature
Shannon1982 - Loves romantic suspense, mysteries, historical, biographies, true crime

Websites:

Goodreads
What Should I Read Next?
Shelfari
Which Book?
Library Thing
Gnooks
The Staff Recommends
The Book Cover Archive
Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

What does everyone think of the links I found? Perhaps we could form a book club here?

Let me know if you want to be added to the list.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please!

I used Goodreads and have heard of Shelfari but never used it. The one What Should I Read Next, haven't heard of it I love it already.

April
Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Added you, and I'm glad you are liking some of the links! What genre of books do you like to read the most?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Could I join? I love science fiction and all, but I have a horrible horrible weakness for books about exploration. So science fact/fiction?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll joing in I don't have one particular genre that I stick to, I tend to read a little bit of everything Right now though I seem to be in Historical romance/comtempary romance phase

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For the last past few years I've been reading pretty much sci-fi/fantasy and all of those. I've decided this year I'm going to branch out. But before that I pretty much just read romance. I do love Danielle Steel.

April
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this thread. I like to be added to the list. I`m a big time book lover. I like to read a little of everything, with the exception of romance novels.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've updated! Thanks for popping in, everyone. It's so nice to see what everyone reads... what is everyone currently reading?

Kali: That's always been my favorite genre, and the most I read... do you have a favorite book?

Also, does anyone have any book links that I could add to the OP?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Kali: That's always been my favorite genre, and the most I read... do you have a favorite book?
Contempary wise it's Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise. I think it's purely because the guy is dyslexic and sucessful. Someting you don't see to much of in books.

Historical wise I like pretty much anything by Teresa Medeiros, there are a few others but I can't think of their names right now

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've been watching to read some of Jennifer Cruise books. I should get some... is that your favorite by hers?

I have a book by Teresa on my bookshelf, need to read it. I am a huge fan of Judith McNaught and Julia Quinn.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've been watching to read some of Jennifer Cruise books. I should get some... is that your favorite by hers?
It is. It's such an odd and quirky story. I just finished A Cinderella Deal which is also hers, it was a pretty good. I'm getting ready to start Charlie All Night.

Quote:
I have a book by Teresa on my bookshelf, need to read it. I am a huge fan of Judith McNaught and Julia Quinn.
Teresa's books are good Judith McNaught and Julia Quinn don't sound familar to me so I'm not sure if I've read anyting from them or not

I've currently got books by Betina Krahn, Elizabeth Boyel, Susan Wiggs, and Julia London that are waiting to be read

I've read so much in the past 7 months that I can't keep things straight in my head

Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, I remember when I use to read a lot too. I've slowed down due to not having time.

I'm almost ending Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Kiss An Angel. It's really good. The last book I read was a Susan Wiggs book... that was FANTASTIC.

You should check out Julia Quinn or/and Judith McNaught... they really good writers.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Aw, I remember when I use to read a lot too. I've slowed down due to not having time.
All I've got is time on my hands now so I've been reading everything in sight.

Quote:
The last book I read was a Susan Wiggs book... that was FANTASTIC.
The one I have is called Charm School I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
You should check out Julia Quinn or/and Judith McNaught... they really good writers.
I will. I've got 15 books waiting to be read right now. I was given a stack last week so I'm working my way through them now

Do you guys do the ebooks or prefer hardback/paperback? I ask because when I've been in waiting rooms recently everyone has had their head down in their phone/tablet/kindle etc... and I whip out an actual book and they look at me like I'm a freak I don't know there is just someting about an actual book that makes it better to me

Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's the book I read by her, Kali!! Charm School... it was REALLY awesome. I love it to pieces, you'll enjoy it.

15 books?! Wow. What authors do you have in that pile? I buy a lot of used books from good will... such a bargain.

I like actual books. I like to have them in my hands. I'm like you.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread