Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2018, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, the translations are excellent. I just have this thing where, if I understand the language of the author, I'd rather read what they wrote than how it's been translated by another person.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there must be a decent amount to be found in English as well. At least, here in Montreal, there just has to be a decent amount in English. But it leans very Northern American. I like European and Australian authors.

Besides, like I said, by the time I moved here, I was already set in my ways.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I might just find another book... Luckily, this series can also be read as stand alone books.
You could also check out second hand book stores! They might have them for cheaper than new!
Old 06-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm loving my new Rowan Coleman book Mommy By Mistake. It sounds a bit harsh, as a title, but it's really about the community of friends this woman makes when she becomes a single mother after a short fling (kinda like an extended one-night-stand).
Old 06-24-2018, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

There are so many books I want to read that comes out the rest of the year!
  • My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows & Brodi Ashton
  • City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
  • Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson
  • The Caged Queen (Iskari #2) by Kristen Ciccarelli
  • Vengeful (The Villains #2) by V.E. Schwab
  • Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
  • What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 06-24-2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm looking at the piles of books that have arrived in the last couple of weeks and wondering where to start. Of course, I want to finish the ones I'm reading first.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still have to finish reading the end of a book I started last summer which happens to be titled "Summer's End" it's not even a long book, it's a middle school grade reading level!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's funny
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

If it's no fun to read, it doesn't matter what reading level it's at, you're not gonna want to continue reading it.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I'm loving my new Rowan Coleman book Mommy By Mistake. It sounds a bit harsh, as a title, but it's really about the community of friends this woman makes when she becomes a single mother after a short fling (kinda like an extended one-night-stand).
This reminds me of a movie plot I literally just read last night when perusing movies to watch.

This was the plot for the film:

After Abigail, a single mom of two, becomes pregnant following a one-night stand with Ben, the unlikely pair try to make a go of it.

Check it out on IMDb.com here.

I have like four books I want to read right now, but can't because I can only read one at a time! So annoying.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Never heard of that movie. Was it any good?

If you can only read one book at a time, I'd get to reading so you can get to those others books as quickly as possible.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ It's not been released yet, its in post production. I only happened upon it actually because I was watching a new movie with Christina Ricci last night, "Distorted" and really enjoyed it, so I looked up her profile on IMDb to see that one listed.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I guess we'll have to see if I even hear of it when it is released. Many of her movies have gone rather under the radar.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They have gone unnoticed and she's been one of my favourite actresses. But when you mentioned that book plot it reminded me of it so I wanted to see if it was perhaps based on the book.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Has any one read Cloud Atlas? I saw the movie...and kind of liked it. I just started reading the book. (I'm hoping that it's different from the movie)
Old 06-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've not read it myself and haven't even seen the film! Hope you like the book though!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread