Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
^^^ I want to read Leah's as well. She also has that A&E scientology show she does. I haven't seen it though, have you?
I saw the show and read the book. I'll be frank, I was mostly interested in the book because of the juicy gossip. But, yeah, what an eye opener! So the book got me to the show.

And I had already bought the Jenna Miscavige Hill memoir years ago. (I told you. I buy a whole lot more books than I read, but it always winds up paying off!) So I just finished that.

I think it hits a nerve for me because of the repression of individuality and personal choice that comes with Scientology. I get that everyone who goes in there is super idealistic and working "for the greater good," but when you hear and read about the way these people are treated... Yikes! And, of course, say hello to the double standard. Because celebrities don't have to jump through nearly as many hoops (with the possible exception of John Travolta) to stay in.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I need to get those books too. I loved that tv series about Scientology.

One thing I hate about Scientology is separating the families from each other.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I saw the show and read the book. I'll be frank, I was mostly interested in the book because of the juicy gossip. But, yeah, what an eye opener! So the book got me to the show.

And I had already bought the Jenna Miscavige Hill memoir years ago. (I told you. I buy a whole lot more books than I read, but it always winds up paying off!) So I just finished that.

I think it hits a nerve for me because of the repression of individuality and personal choice that comes with Scientology. I get that everyone who goes in there is super idealistic and working "for the greater good," but when you hear and read about the way these people are treated... Yikes! And, of course, say hello to the double standard. Because celebrities don't have to jump through nearly as many hoops (with the possible exception of John Travolta) to stay in.
My mom is into the show, and she wants to read the book also, so I think she's keeping an eye out for it at the library.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got Going Clear in the mail today! It's written by Lawrence Wright, who was in the last "questions from the audience" episode they did.

I think I'm a bit obsessed.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

yay, hope you enjoy it.

I started my mindless reading yesterday. it was a good relaxer!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I'm re-reading a one of those, too.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Caraval is really good so far. It's bit different from other books.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 02-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

How so?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hard to explain. The writing and storyline was pretty unique.

Started with Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes yesterday. I haven't got so far yet but I'm already intrigued by it.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I have been reading a bunch of dark romances lately.

Anyone else read them?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 02-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think so... but maybe? What do you mean by "dark romances"?
Old 02-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

One I am reading how a girl gets kidnapped and the family needs her to have their male heir so they can get control of her company...

One the girl sold her virginity.

I like mysteries though and a lot of time while while bad things happen you have to also figure out some sort of mystery.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 02-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, now that you describe it, it reminds me of the V.C. Andrews books I read when I was a teenager. (This isn't me sneering at the genre, I'm just saying that I have read books like that before.) Come to that, some of the old-fashioned Harlequin novels I read were a bit similar to that, with kidnapping stories and whatnot.

And, of course, actual Gothic novels. I read a few of those back at university. I enjoyed them.

How are you liking yours?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

The one with her selling her virginity is AMAZING. The last book isn't out yet though.

I do have a blog on wordpress and facebook where I tend to post my reviews of books. I have been getting a lot of free ones but I want to try to get back to the random types instead of just the romance.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I hope you will be able to do that Cathy.

Few days ago I made this page on my Tumblr.

currently reading

I'm enjoying the book I'm reading now.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread