Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm totally obsessed with eye shadow palettes, lol. Well, makeup overall, but still.

Every time I go to Sephora, I stare at the Naked Heat palette. It's $60, so it's normal, I just always end up getting other products that I need more. But reds and burnt oranges are my life. Like.

But I recently got the Jaclyn Hill (amazing youtuber) palette and it's all I've been using. I love it too much. The browns are beautiful and the sparkly ones are peeerfect especially for the inner eye.
Spoiler:
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those are pretty colors

Yikes
A Child Destroyed $1,000 Worth Of Sephora Makeup And The Internet Isn't Happy

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Internet needs to lay off. A kid is a kid, no matter how much the thing they break is worth.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

People do need to chill, but omg that is a gorey scene. (Also both Sephora and MFE can afford it, nbd right?)
All kids mess with makeup at some point. Maybe the parent should have kept a better eye on their child though.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kids are quick. Unless someone wants to tell me that this kid did this out of malice, I don't see how you can blame anyone here. Not the parents, not the store staff...

Blame whomever decided that tiny palette was worth a thousand dollars. That's the only crime I see here.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha Better quality shadows makes them more expensive. I feel bad for whoever had to clean the mess and deal with the problem.

Just recently learned about this, but Morphe has an entire "kit" for nose contouring by Brittany Bear. Sometimes it's actually crazy to think about how many products can just be used on your face before you even start to think about eyeshadows, etc. I usually skip contouring my nose, but after seeing her tutorials I'm really curious on trying it.

This girl's makeup is so wonderful though.

I recently ordered from Velour because I've never actually tried any of their lashes, but I'm excited to test them out!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I wanted to copy that look I'd be miserable, It'd take way too many layers for me too pull off.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be honest, I'm a bit freaked out by that girl's look. It's flawless, no question. But she looks so plastic to me.

Honestly, it could be the eyebrows that are the cause of my heebie-jeebies. Nothing freaks me out so much in a person's face than clearly shaped eyebrows.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I see what you mean. A lot of caked on highlight looks plastic-y. I don't do my eyebrows I just like my natural ones. Too much work
Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe if I saw her moving, it would look less plastic-y.

I really don't like shaped eyebrows... I mean, there's a TMI conversation to be had about my aversion to people removing hair from places where I feel it doesn't need to be removed.

But I have a lot of issues with our perception of beauty and how much it changes with fashion. And eyebrows fall into that. Unless a person has a real not-created-by-magazines complex about their eyebrows... leave them alone! They're characters. They're gorgeous as nature intended them to be.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that. I totally agree. Maybe it just falls into part of the art of it. Like makeup being a hobby for me, it feels like painting a really intricate picture on your face Except you can experiment with so much.

Today at work one of my coworkers complimented my makeup and it made me really happy I opened my office door and she's just like "Oh my goodness, your makeup is GORGEOUSSSS. I was kind of in a rush this morning, but at least 50 minutes went into it lol.

What is your TMI conversation? If I may ask, that is. I like to remove it from there.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never bother shaping my eyebrows, its not really pleasant. And my eyebrows aren't even what I consider thick or bush-y. I just never really think about my eyebrows. I only do it before a travel trip. And even then, I'm not sure why.. maybe cause I might be in more photos than usual?

Eh, what most females tend to think about their looks, I just never really think about it. I think I'd even not shave my legs if I didn't think about wearing shorts in summer.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I meant hair in general, including on men. I will never be against anyone making the choice to do whatever they want to do with their own body hair. But I personally don't have an aversion to body hair.

I will get freaked out when a girl/woman trims her hair because their lover prefers it that way, because to me it's a person's own decision to make.

But, in general, on men and women, I prefer a natural look, when it comes to hair. Let it be what it was meant to be, you know?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like to shave everything because I feel like.. idk, more beautiful and clean I guess? haha But my SO doesn't care. Cool guys will be okay with whatever you want, lol.

I did a fall type look for Thanksgiving

Old 11-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great look.
Reply   Post New Thread