Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra (View Post)
Do you have your shopping list made out yet?

At least I can shop in spirit with you!

BTW< anyone have recommendations for a good foundation brush... I've been using one (a flat one) and was thinking of more of a blunter ended/kabuki style... Opinions/reviews?
Nope! Just going to go "OOoo purrttyy WANT!"
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Has anyone done the subscription boxes? I know there's BellaBeauty based in Australia, and there's Birchbox based in New York, as well as Spain, France, and the UK. I'm wanting to do a subscription box here and there, not sure if they're worth it even though you can sign up for a month I think it would be nice to get different products.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beaut...es-724498.html

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 01-31-2013 at 12:39 AM
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you have your shopping list made out yet?

At least I can shop in spirit with you!

BTW< anyone have recommendations for a good foundation brush... I've been using one (a flat one) and was thinking of more of a blunter ended/kabuki style... Opinions/reviews?
Hakuhodo has some really great options in a variety of styles/price ranges.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Never heard of that brand... where do you find it?

I was thinking of one by Shiseido that I saw on Sephora....
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

I googled it, and I love how it's a shop just for brushes. I might look into that, the only problem I see is there are no gift sets, and the brushes are individual.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Never heard of that brand... where do you find it?

I was thinking of one by Shiseido that I saw on Sephora....
Hakuhodo USA

The brushes are made in Japan. They are so very soft Best brushes I have ever owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Is Mighty To Save (View Post)
I googled it, and I love how it's a shop just for brushes. I might look into that, the only problem I see is there are no gift sets, and the brushes are individual.
They do have some sets, but I'd probably just see what you need/want and build your collection that way. They have so many great ones, it's hard to choose/narrow it down to a couple to try out.

Anyone in particular that caught your eye?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
Hakuhodo USA

The brushes are made in Japan. They are so very soft Best brushes I have ever owned.

They do have some sets, but I'd probably just see what you need/want and build your collection that way. They have so many great ones, it's hard to choose/narrow it down to a couple to try out.

This brush but is it like a kuboki brush?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hakuhodo USA

I glanced through the site.... They have some nice looking ones...

I wish I could see them in person.... I'm weird like that...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I agree!

I was at CVS today just looking at the makeup and sadly I couldn't find anything I liked. I knew what I wanted, but it was all way too much money that I wanted to spend. Like, for instance BB cream. I don't want to buy some that's too dark for me, until I have someone do swatches on me then I will know what would look best. BECAUSE your hand and your face are two different shades, at least that's how it is for me So the medium BB cream looked great on my hand, but I wouldn't know how it looked on my face. I'm going to Sephora for my birthday to purchase makeup.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean... It's hard to know what is the right shade it... I really wish more drugstore making would sell small samples...

I often will google for images of swatches and make a 'best' guess, but often that's all there is... and sometimes beautypedia.com will mention certain colors to avoid for products but that's about it...

The best thing to do is to double check their return policy. some places will take it back... but not a lot.. (as far as drugstores anyway)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know what you mean... It's hard to know what is the right shade it... I really wish more drugstore making would sell small samples...

I often will google for images of swatches and make a 'best' guess, but often that's all there is... and sometimes beautypedia.com will mention certain colors to avoid for products but that's about it...

The best thing to do is to double check their return policy. some places will take it back... but not a lot.. (as far as drugstores anyway)
I'm so tempted to buy two, combine it into one thing, but I'm not sure. I have really fair skin, except for when it comes to tanning. So it just depends. I want to spend my money wisely when it comes to BB cream.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! *high fives to another pale princess*

Well if you did buy do you could totally get a custom color that's perfect...
I haven't joined the BB cream trend as of yet... I think it could be good as a timesaver though
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

They are on imats I think. Otherwise you have to go by reviews and pictures only.

Lately I have been good and not really buying make up besides one lipstick from my list. Had to take advantage of the duty free shopping. The stuff I have been eyeing lately is a tad too expensive for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi guys

Did you buy something new make up wise lately? I have to say I have been pretty good besides a few nail polishes - trying to streamline my collection in general.
What brands of polishes do you like?

Quote:
Lately I have been good and not really buying make up besides one lipstick from my list. Had to take advantage of the duty free shopping. The stuff I have been eyeing lately is a tad too expensive for me.
I'm a lipstick addict

What'd you get?

Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What brands of polishes do you like?
China Glaze, Essie, Dior. You?

Quote:
I'm a lipstick addict

What'd you get?

Guerlain Rouge G 66 - Garcia. See swatch here.