Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

I found out I'm a light to medium for foundation.. I've just go to be proactive about wanting to use makeup now. The only problem about this is that I don't want to go over the top.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Is Mighty To Save (View Post)
I found out I'm a light to medium for foundation.. I've just go to be proactive about wanting to use makeup now. The only problem about this is that I don't want to go over the top.
Which brand?

You could use maybe foundation in the winter months? During the summer months a tinted moisturizer/just some powder to even things out might be nice.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
Which brand?

You could use maybe foundation in the winter months? During the summer months a tinted moisturizer/just some powder to even things out might be nice.
Merle Norman I'm a light - medium.

In Too Faced I'm Honey Vanilla Almond

True, but I'm just getting more into it.

It's funny, my mom is out of blush, this morning she was getting ready for work and was like "Do you have any blush?" I was like "Yea." Well, my pigment blushes are too bright for her, but perfect for me. She was like "No that's too bright." sooo I was like "Well, I have an eye shadow that can dub for blush." so she used that.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Which brand?

I definitely agree that tinted foundations are a nice option for summer... especially if you have a nice even skintone already..

Just go for something that can blend down or can be built up if needed.. and without a matte finish... Mattes often can look cakey and heavy I think.

My drugstore foundation pick is L'oreal's True Match.... Really nice.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Yes, not looking for anything with a matte finish.

I picked up N.Y.C's concealer in Medium. I do say I like this one very much. The only other concealer I have is Cover Girl, and it's in a stick, it's cakey, but it would with settle powder.

Also, if you have any pigment colors [loose shadows that can dub for anything] I have some clear gloss that I was playing around with, I put it on a plate, took some of the loose all around all purpose use pigment and made some lip gloss, I will take a picture in the morning to show.

I picked up an acne cream today, I'm hoping it will work. It's made with Green Tea leaves, and it says that it clears up and even reduces scaring, to apply twice daily. It was quite expensive for such a little amount, but it was the only thing that looked worth trying. I will let you all know the progress and how well it does, then get the actual name if you want it.

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 08-09-2012 at 11:31 PM
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Here's the information on the Acne Cream I've been on since the 10th.

Product Description:

Scar Zone A, Acne Treatment + Acne Scar Diminishing Cream::

Deals with pimple & decrease scars All-in-one medicated lotion eliminates acne and rednesswith eco-friendly TeaReduce noticeable indications of pimple breakouts & scars 2% salicylic acid – eco-friendly tea – silicone Guaranteed last results For delicate SkinBegin to quickly diminish pimple acne & redness scarring & brown destinations using the help of Scar ZoneA pimple Cream. Clear, smooth complexion could possibly be the goal. normal use, twice-a-day, for the whole acne-prone place allows refrain from lasting breakouts. very eco-friendly Tea’s anti-oxidant polyphenols EGCG help restore the broken complexion cells.Scar ZoneA operates on present blemishes – allows refrain from new breakouts – allows diminish present pimple scars & marks. It may be put on below cosmetics or garments since it will not stain.

----------------------

What I think of it so far? I've noticed it slowly reducing redness, I've also notice it seals up the acne a lot better then what I had used in the past [clearasil acne kit] . One thing I find that I'm not sure because my skin is so sensitive, or if it's the process to healing, when I apply it burns. I wash my face in Baby Shampoo Aveneo, and I wash my face twice a day, then apply the Scar Zone A, Acne Treatment + Acne Scar Diminishing Cream. If you want to spend the 6.55 for it then go for it, I didn't realize it was that much money because in my grocery store it was in two different locations with two different prices.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^How long have you been using it? The burning usually means that it is too agressive for your skin. If you have been using it for over a week and it hasn't stopped I'd probably stop using it.

I haven't been wearing much make up these days besides black mascara and lipstick (current fave: MAC Offshot).

What have you guys been using lately? Have you checked out the fall collections?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^How long have you been using it? The burning usually means that it is too agressive for your skin. If you have been using it for over a week and it hasn't stopped I'd probably stop using it.

I haven't been wearing much make up these days besides black mascara and lipstick (current fave: MAC Offshot).

What have you guys been using lately? Have you checked out the fall collections?
Burning stopped, I found out it due to applying right after washing my face with Baby Shampoo with Aveno. It's MUCH better now, and more clear. I have to wait a few moments after washing my face.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Last night I did a Purple/Blue/Black smokey eye, and glitter everywhere.

NeoStrata ® Official Site - Dermatologist Developed Skin Care

Awesome place I won some samples from them, I used the night gel last night it smells so good, but is also so easy to put on, for what is in the sample, you'd need the same about to apply to your face because a little goes a long way.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

After two days in a row of using the sample concealer and foundation it officially broke me out. So, I'm no longer using the foundation nor concealer.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Was it the Cover Girl or NYC makeup?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra (View Post)
Was it the Cover Girl or NYC makeup?
Neither, it was Exuviance from Neo Strata.

I had won a huge sample pack they were giving to 25 lucky people and I thought about trying out the concealer and foundation samples they added to it.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Ohhhhh, okie... I had a foundation sample from that brand, but the lady that was pushing them that day really turned me off... She kept pointing out flaws... I'm like hello lady... I came in here after working out for some nail polish... get off my back already
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I saw that you guys were talking about how you liked tinted foundations/moisturizers for summer. I use my tinted moisturizer basically all the time because it has a little shimmer to it, more like a 'glow' and its super light better than a powder or a foundation on my skin.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicEmpress (View Post)
I saw that you guys were talking about how you liked tinted foundations/moisturizers for summer. I use my tinted moisturizer basically all the time because it has a little shimmer to it, more like a 'glow' and its super light better than a powder or a foundation on my skin.
-Pammie
What kind?