MissAndieWitter
He Is Mighty To Save
somehowsundown
QueenOf Hearts
Amethyst

Astra
Medium/dark brown hair, naturally curly/wavy
Very fair/normal to dry (except T-zone)
Foundations: NC-NW 15; L'Oreal's True Match [N1 and W1]; Bobbi Brown [Porcelain]; MUFE HD [#117]
My must have: not a product, but a reference: beautypedia.com

He Is Mighty To Save (Amanda or Mandie)
Blonde, curly hair
Medium/Tan skintone; Sensitive skin
Foundations: Revlon foundation [light brown/nude]

Andie
Brown, slightly curly hair
Fair (NC15) & fairly dry
Foundations: Armani Luminous Silk

AtomicEmpress (Pammie)
Currently Light Auburn
Fair skintone/normal to slightly oily
Foundations: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Bare Radiance); MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation (#207); Too Faced Subtly Sun-Kissed Bronzing Powder (Snow Bunny)
My must have: Smashbox Primers

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 02-25-2015 at 05:17 PM
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you guys think about revamping the Opening Post?

And we still needa title.

Pammie
, let me think about colours and I'll make a few suggestions later.

If you girls got the chance try a Guerlain Rouge G lipstick at counter one day - they are just
Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

...freshening the OP sounds like a great idea... I haven't forgotten the little survey I'm going to come up either

reposting my previous post:
Quote:
There aren't a lot of pinkish shadows I like (that I've found anyway)... It's hard to find the right one (that is a lighter tone) that doesn't make my eyes look irritated, or puffy... know what I mean? LOL I like yogurt... a super pale base shadow type of color...

I know that Stars n Rockets and Da Bling are pretty popular so you may wanna do a google image search for swatches.... Hepcat that I mentioned before is in the pinkish/purple family and I really like that one... but perhaps someone else will have another idea....

I'll be thinking on the pink lipsticks... I've found a lot of Bobbi Brown's lipsticks that I like... Another pretty pink one is by Shiseido (Perfect Rouge line)... can't recall the shade number at the moment, but I was so mad because I ruined it in the dryer! Ugh!..

BTW, I found this link... thought you might want to take a look

Top 15 *MUST HAVE* MAC Eyeshadows for Blue / Green Eyes � MAC Eyeshadow Combinations
Take a look at this link:
Makeup With Lisa: MAC Haul- Anniversary Present

and here's a google image search for Hepcat....
hepcat swatch - Google Search

Some folks apply it much darker than I do, but at least you can have an idea
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Okay... I have been working a little bit on the idea I tossed out on the last thread... Creating a little mini survey of sorts so we can get ideas/suggestions from others with similar skin tones/skin types for shades of miscellaneous beauty products (i.e. products we have found flattering for ourselves and want to suggest for others who have similar coloration etc AND/OR request advice from someone with similar coloration about what has/hasn't worked for them....

Any suggestions to what I've come up with is welcome... but just remember we want to keep it fairly brief... I'm hoping that in the first post some of the very basic info can be reposted for future threads/and for reference...

My Beauty Profile Survey
Name:
My skin color and type:
My hair color and type:
Current foundation(s) I'm using (specify brand and shade):
Optional questions:
Skin Care Brands I use regularly (be as specific as you’d like):
Makeup and Beauty Tools I use regularly (be as specific as you can):
Any must have products for someone with your skin tone and/or type?

Does this work for everyone?

I'll go ahead and do mine, but if I need to edit/clarify questions, that's ok too

My Beauty Profile Survey
Name: Astra
My skin color and type: Very fair/mostly normal
My eye color: Blue-gray
My hair color and type::
Naturally curly/wavy; The color is dark brown with chestnut tones (and not dyed at the moment, but when more grays come, we'll revise my answer if needed I'm holding off on that as long as possible due to the expense and upkeep...
Current foundation(s) I'm using(specify brand and shade):

I currently use: L'Oreal's True Match (both shades N1 and W1 will work for me... I primarily use the W1 under the eyes); Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundaton (Porcelain); Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (#117)
Optional questions:
Skin Care Brands I use regularly (be as specific as you’d like):
I use mostly products (cleanser, toner, serums and BHA treatments) by Paula's Choice (purchased online); I also sometimes use Skinmedica's Vitamin C & E Complex, Rejuvenative Moisturizer (as needed) and Tri Retinol Complex
Makeup and Beauty Tools I use regularly (be as specific as you can): I think eyelash curlers are a must... they really open up my eyes
Any must have products for someone with your skin tone and/or type?
Not at the moment...

Edited to add: Now that I look at this... it seems way too long.. should we keep it to just eye color, hair color and makeup foundation shades?

Last edited by Astra; 03-16-2012 at 01:25 PM
Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

I might be working at Sally's Beauty Supplies.. DISCOUNTS!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Cool! Speaking of which I need to go by my local one... I think they're the only one that carries the eyelash curler pads that fit my curler....

let us know how the job goes!

Last edited by Astra; 03-19-2012 at 02:03 PM
Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

I'll let you know. If I get it, then i could always use my employee discount for you and mail items to you :p

---------------------------------

I really like this questionnaire you came up with. It's like "Getting to know beauty types 101" it's also a great way so others can know what products are used if they have the same skin tone or hair type.

============================

My Beauty Profile Survey

Name: Amanda aka Mandie

My skin color and type: Skin color: Tan Type: Tan... LOL I'm mainly fair, but because I always tan it's hard to determine. I'm darker than my family is. My father always tanned so I got his genes.

My hair color and type: Blonde and curly

Current foundation(s) I'm using (specify brand and shade): I don't typically use foundation because I am sensitive to makeup. Like right now I've got watery eyes because I accidentally left my mascara on overnight from Saturday - Sunday even though I had a few crying spells between that I didn't care to take the old off, just applied more so it wouldn't have looked as though I was crying. When I do use foundation I use Revlon - light brown/nude. I use Minerals Femme powder, or something called Beauty Control, or even the products NYC.

Optional questions:

Skin Care Brands I use regularly (be as specific as you’d like): I'm allergic to every kind so it's hard to tell.

Makeup and Beauty Tools I use regularly (be as specific as you can): Sally Girl, I Love My products, NYC, Cover Girl and Alamay SOMETIMES not always. If there's a mascara or an eye shadow I like than I will use it. I want to start buying NYX I was going to on my birthday, but it was way too expensive. I'm all about cheap good quality makeup to where I can get about 6 - 10 things for roughly 12 dollars. If I get this job, I will be buying NYX because I've always wanted the products since watching RuPaul's Drag Race.

Beauty Tools: Femme Couture Mineral products, I thoroughly love them, and when I can buy the other types of brushes that are more expensive than I will. But, I'm in need of a new set of brushes, have been using these for the past four years. I wash them out, and stand them up to dry. I need to make a stand so it will work better rather than drying into the sink and having my mother complain because makeup fell in the sink basin.

Any must have products for someone with your skin tone and/or type? None that I can think of at the moment. I do have to admit I can't wait until I buy this item: Fan Brush

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 03-19-2012 at 09:43 PM
Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My Beauty Profile Survey
Name: Andie
My skin color and type: Fair (about NC 15) & fairly dry
My hair color and type: Brown & slightly curly
Current foundation(s) I'm using (specify brand and shade): Armani Lumious Silk
Optional questions:
Skin Care Brands I use regularly (be as specific as you’d like): Clinique series
Makeup and Beauty Tools I use regularly (be as specific as you can): Lash Curler & Hakuhodo Brushes
Any must have products for someone with your skin tone and/or type? Not that I can think off right now.

Thanks for compiling it Astra.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

No problem guys! I hope its useful tool but time will tell on that...

What I think might be good for the opening post is to have our names, skin tone/skin type and foundation info (so it doesn't get too crazy/long)....

Andie.... we share a lot of things in common! I know who to go to for ideas/suggestions now... My sister really likes the Armani foundation you are using... What shade are you and how long have you been using it... Your thoughts on it?

Apologies for the double post... here's what we have so far (in case anyone thinks it should be edited into the OP)

Astra
Foundations: NC-NW 15 (L'Oreal's True Match [N1 and W1]; (Bobbi Brown [Porcelain]; MUFE HD [#117]

Blonde, curly hair

Andie
Fair (NC15) & fairly dry

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 03-20-2012 at 06:30 PM
Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra (View Post)
No problem guys! I hope its useful tool but time will tell on that...

What I think might be good for the opening post is to have our names, skin tone/skin type and foundation info (so it doesn't get too crazy/long)....

Andie.... we share a lot of things in common! I know who to go to for ideas/suggestions now... My sister really likes the Armani foundation you are using... What shade are you and how long have you been using it... Your thoughts on it?

Apologies for the double post... here's what we have so far (in case anyone thinks it should be edited into the OP)

Astra
Foundations: NC-NW 15 (L'Oreal's True Match [N1 and W1]; (Bobbi Brown [Porcelain]; MUFE HD [#117]

Blonde, curly hair

Andie
Fair (NC15) & fairly dry
No worries! I can always do a merged post.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry mine is so long, also I didn't know if this was note worthy but when I have skin issues its usually my chin?

Oh also I got the primer I mentioned in here and a few other goodies recently I haven't tested yet. A eyeshadow trio which has Linen Golden orchid and Chestnut in it, a sparkly lip gloss in Radiant, and a new mascara they had out because they were hyping the brush and I'm almost out of Skyscraper and I don't feel like waiting Its called Hyperlash mascara and I got it in Blackout.

Also I looked at the Hepcat and I love it with the flash, does it come like that?

Another thing I just realized I never got added to the OP can someone add me while we're working on the OP?

My Beauty Profile Survey
Name: Pammie
My skin color and type: Fair, normal skin sometimes leaning towards lightly oily but I usually am blessed with good skin (to which I am forever thankful)
My hair color and type: Dyed Light Auburn which looks natural on me because of my Irish heritage but I am naturally a light to medium brown with some blond in it.
Current foundation(s) I'm using (specify brand and shade): I don't use 'foundation' I use tinted moisturizer with spf 20 by Laura Mercier it is Illuminating and gives you a light sparklish glow and I love it. the shade I use is Bare Radiance. I also use a pressed powder Make up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation Shade 207. One other thing similar to that that I use sometimes is Too Faced Subtly Sun-Kissed Bronzing Powder in Snow Bunny which is perfect for my fair skin tone.
Optional questions:
Skin Care Brands I use regularly (be as specific as you’d like): I mostly use regular soap because I have very sensitive skin, but I'd love to hear some rec.'s I recently bought the clean & clear Morning burst facial scrub and cleanser but haven't tried it yet.
Makeup and Beauty Tools I use regularly (be as specific as you can):I recently bought a small tube of Smashbox photo finish color correcting foundation primer in adjust (the green color) the help with a slight redness I get in my cheeks so I can wear the Nars blush I bought ages ago but haven't fully been able to use because of that (I'm loving it) the blush is of course Orgasm, which I know a lot of people use. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original color). Skyscraper Multibenefit mascara by Urban Decay. Lancome Juicy Tube Jelly (I'm in love with so many of these I can't name them all I got a multi pack during christmas). Too Faced Lipstick in 'Marcia,Marcia,Marcia!'. And one of my just for special dates lipsticks Dior Addict 774 Rose extraction Raspberry Rush. Urb an Decay Sustainable pallette (Its made iof bamboo, lovely colors). Also the latest Book of Shadows, and the former ones that I had were one my list before. They are now discountinued by I can say tarte makes lovely lip gloss because of these sets they had duel ended lip glosses with two glosses and one was named after each half of a famous couple. I have Roger and Mimi (from Rent) Danny and Sandy (from Grease) and it seems like I had a Buttercup and Wesley one but I can't find it. Anyway All are things I would fully rec.
Any must have products for someone with your skin tone and/or type?If you have the redness or other types of skin tone issues I suggest you look into the primers by smashbox to see if they have one that will help you, the tester was 14 bucks, the smaller sized one, you can't use it under powder but you can use it under liquid and tinted moistuizters.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Is Mighty To Save (View Post)
No worries! I can always do a merged post.
Cool! Andie is gonna strangle me by having to have her do the OP editing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicEmpress (View Post)
Sorry mine is so long, also I didn't know if this was note worthy but when I have skin issues its usually my chin?
Don't you dare apologize for lots of details! We love that! As for your chin breakouts... have you noticed if its after using a certain product or a certain time of the month I've also read that some tooth pastes can cause issues with little breakouts... And I swear I get no $$ from them, but for good quality affordable skincare... I really do recommend 'Paula's Choice'... Lots of different options you can choose according to your skin type. I've used it for YEARS!

As for your question about MAC's Hepcat.... It's more of a subtle look (at least the way I use it, because a little goes a long way on my skintone)... You might be able to build it up and get a little more sheen/flash on it (or layer something on top of it to make it shimmer/pop more if you wanted)....

Updated List:

Astra
Foundations: NC-NW 15; L'Oreal's True Match [N1 and W1]; Bobbi Brown [Porcelain]; MUFE HD [#117]
My must have: not a product, but a reference: beautypedia.com

Blonde, curly hair

Andie
Fair (NC15) & fairly dry

AtomicEmpress (Pammie)
Light to medium brown hair,
Fair skintone/normal to slightly oily
Foundations: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Bare Radiance); MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation (#207); Too Faced Subtly Sun-Kissed Bronzing Powder (Snow Bunny)
My must have: Smashbox Primers

Last edited by Astra; 03-22-2012 at 02:31 PM
Old 03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Actually Astra, my hair is currently light auburn as I just dyed it today it hasn't been the natural color for a while. Also its chin length and straight.

About the chin outbreaks, I usually get them about a week and a half before that time of the month so I guess its not completely abnormal but like I said I can't use alot of skin products because most of them break my skin out in rashes (way too sensitive) so I don't use much in that department.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 03-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Ah okie... Maybe Andie can fix that snippet when she edits the OP with the info from that post

Sorry!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

It's fine

Closed Thread   Post New Thread