Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Hey Gwen! I think there are a LOT more asians at FF, but I don't think they all know about this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mei Zhuo:
<STRONG>...but apparently i can pull off pretending that i can actually understand those fast conversational ones [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's funny! My sister said that it kind of sounds like I know what I'm saying when I read Mandarin. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm taking that as a compliment because, IMO, I think going from Cantonese to Mandarin is hard (even though my dad told me it's supposed to be easy..)

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited - nellie - ]
Old 01-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

hi everyone!

Cite Des Anges- I live in Bangkok [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
always open in the middle
Old 01-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
OMG! That's exactly like me! Nowadays, all I can really do is understand Chinese. I'm too scared to speak it cuz I know it sounds real bad.
So true ! i understand chinese too but when i try to speak i can't even find the words sometimes, that's really annoying [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

hey ps_dreamer ^^, it's cool you live in Bangkok, i've been there many times but i've nerver got the chance to visit it properly.... I hope i will this year [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 01-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

nellie: wow, you can speak both cantonese and mandarin? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] that's so hard! i wish i could speak both too, but i'm having a hard time as it is with mandarin! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] benz, cite de anges

av
Old 01-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Cite Des Anges- wow that's cool. so how'd u like Bangkok?

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
wow that's cool. so how'd u like Bangkok?
I don't know, looks like there is a lot of place to see,but i visited the city for the 50th anniversary of the king's reign and it was awsome there were lights everywhere and all :d ...looked a bit like Las Vegas

Old 01-15-2004, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome! I'm from Singapore, for anyone who's interested...well my chinese sucks and I'm quite westernized as in the fact that I'm really not a traditional Chinese at all. I don't know any dialect (though I really would love to know, so I can converse with the older generation better [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) Seriously I have no idea why I'm telling you guys all this...well have a great day guys!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] everyone! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

mapraleif: you live in singapore? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] that's so cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i've always wanted to visit there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

av
Old 01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by mapraleif:
<STRONG>Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome! I'm from Singapore, for anyone who's interested...well my chinese sucks and I'm quite westernized as in the fact that I'm really not a traditional Chinese at all. </STRONG>
awww, that's okay! at least you guys are getting the mtv asia awards there again for the 2nd time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to everyone else! i miss my online time... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, the MTV asia awards is coming up soon! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] who's gonna watch? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

av
Old 01-16-2004, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Hello!

Mei Zhuo - You should visit us. STB needs all the tourism arrivals they can get [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Xi Men - Yeah we're getting MTV Asia Awards (again) and the lineup looks interesting this year...I'm trying to go the best that I can! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah and like I said earlier on my name's Gwen so you don't have to type my login name [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cite Des Anges:
<STRONG>I don't know, looks like there is a lot of place to see,but i visited the city for the 50th anniversary of the king's reign and it was awsome there were lights everywhere and all :d ...looked a bit like Las Vegas</STRONG>
yeah... I remembered that they put up loads of lights- on buildings and trees. It was really beautiful at night though.

ohhhh MTV Asia awards' coming soon! and it's in Singapore again. I wish I'd go last coz Linkin Park was there. Does anybody know who's gonna be there this year?

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I'm Jane from Taiwan, but live in Thailand now...
There are more Asians in FF than I think~

~Jane~ [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't even know there were MTV asian awards, I wish I could see it ....but I can't even have the MTV european awards so let alone the asian one...... but I wonder, will there be asian artists or will there only be guys known all over the world ?

Old 01-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Jane, make yourself at home here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by mapraleif:
<STRONG>Hello!

Yeah we're getting MTV Asia Awards (again) and the lineup looks interesting this year...I'm trying to go the best that I can! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
I want to go too, maybe we can go together since we both live in Singapore [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~ Joanne