Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise at Midnight (View Post)
That sucks Lexi

Oh, wow just read the reviews, seems like most like it except for the cam, gotta wonder why they reverted back to lower on that? or did I misunderstand?
Yeah it's weird the new MBA 12" doesn't have a better camera.

It took me until 2007 to get my first iPod, my first iPhone was the 3Gs and only got my iPad last year. On the other had I've had several Mac's both new and used since the 90's (yes I'm old) Even my 'new' iMac is now just over 2 years old, time to save for a new one LOL

Not sure about getting the watch, $499/$579 (here in AU) for the cheapest is not too bad and I prefer the look of the Sports Watch with the brushed finish, really like the black one! I just can't afford one right now, maybe for my birthday in July?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't afford the Apple Watch?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wdW-PEsNQ
Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

I have one question..

My iPad mini been acting up like someone else using it since it happen to me for a week, so I been doing restore or resetting it, so it still doing it again.. Should I bring it to Apple Store or what??

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, what do you mean like someone else using it?
You did the right thing with a restore, had to do that on an iPhone once when it was playing up.

I'd take it too Apple. But is it covered by an warranty?

Came here to post this... we could be get an 8k iMac this year WOW!
http://www.hindustantimes.com/gadget...1-1334993.aspx
Old 04-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

I guess that after I restore it and did other, it just stop so far.. Thank god that I didn't bring it to the store..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:44 AM
New Fan

Apple Product Placement in TV and Movies over the last 10 years

Hey there,

I've written a post about Apple Product Placement in TV and Movies .
I would love to receive freedback from you.

Apple Product Placement in TV and Movies over the last 10 years

Over the last few decades it has become more and more common for television shows and movies to feature very specific brands of a wide variety of different products, anywhere from food to clothing to technology. This is possible for a few different reasons. Often times the producers of the movies or television shows would like a bit of sponsored money that can help to increase the quality of their show or movie. If they agree to place a certain company’s products within their film at strategic times and places, then that company will pay a certain amount to them. It is their way of advertising on a cheaper scale so for both parties; it’s a win-win situation. Nowadays you can see just about every major company in TV or movies. But one of the biggest names on the product placement circle is Apple. Especially as technology has become bigger and better, they have infiltrated the films and television shows to a new and bigger level.

When did product placement start?
Back in 1982 the big movie on the scene was E.T. This is the first publically talked about instance of product placement in a movie. When this happened, then the whole idea of product placement just exploded. It wasn’t until 1996 when Apple decided to get into the game of showing their products on the big or small screen in exchange for something else.

Apple’s History of Product placement

In 1996, Apple was in a bit of a financial slump, nothing close to bankruptcy, but not financially stable enough to spend a lot on advertising .So, in a smart movie made by Jon Holtzman, the marketing manager at the time, they decided to pair with the first Mission Impossible movie and promote their new PowerMac laptop in the film. While they wouldn’t pay for the spots of product placement, they agreed upon heavily advertising it and mentioning the movie in their own ads. Fifteen years later and a few Mission Impossible movies down the road, Apple is still getting their products featured in the Mission Impossible franchise, though nowadays, their screen time competition is a little bigger than it used to be.

Recent Apple product placement in movies

Times change as does technology so it only makes sense that Apple would need to add more to their history of showing off their products in major blockbusters and on the small screen as well. If you look at the last ten years specifically, that is where most of the boom has come from. Apple has only gotten more popular and that means more people are going to want to feature them in their films because that means money for both parties. Apple can promote their latest gadget and then get a rush of customers because of it.

Perhaps one of the biggest blockbuster films in the recent past that Apple appeared in was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. In a scene in this film, two of the main characters are seen using a Mac computer while in an Apple store within a mall. This not only promotes the name, but the fact that Apple is known for having a very interactive Genius Bar in most major cities. Some of their products have also been mentioned in the new The Lego Movie, such as the iPod shuffle.

In 2009, Apple products appeared in 44 percent of the #1 releases and in 2008 the brand hit an all time high, appearing in 50 percent of number one films in the United States. As for the year of 2014, Apple was once again on top after nabbing the title of Overall Product Placement since they were featured in 9 of the 35 top movies in the U.S in the same year.

Apple products in television

Movies aren’t the only ones who are getting credit for including Apple products in certain scenes. It is becoming more and more common for people on certain television shows to be seen talking on their iPhones or using a Mac computer.
One show that has on more than one occasion promoted their products has been the Emmy award winning Modern Family. In one of its earlier seasons they dedicated an entire episode to one of the fathers on the show and his quest to get himself an iPad. Now, Apple did not pay a dime for this and therefore it could be considered not exactly product placement, but the fact that they focused an entire 30 minute show around one of their products is a huge compliment. Then, just this past year, they did it again. They went where no other show has gone before and they filmed the entire episode on iPads, iPhones, and MacBook laptops. It was all done through FaceTime, and again, Apple didn’t pay them anything. This goes above and beyond regular product placement; this is almost a fandom of Apple lovers showing the world how much they love this company.

Another hit television show that has used Apple products since the very first season is Grimm. All of their characters can be seen talking on their Apple iPhones, and many of them only use Apple computers as well. The Big Bang Theory characters have also been known to use the iPad and iPhone as well.

Is the product placement or product integration?

If Apple isn’t paying for their products to be in anything, is it really product placement? The best answer for that would be no. that maybe we need to reconsider what. If you are not paying out for your brand to be in a show or a movie, perhaps the better term would be product integration. This day and age, if show runners were to try and block out every brand without receiving money, they would have a hard time having any type of product on camera. Product integration is the new normal for entertainment. Taking something that is already so popular and integrating it in with real character that are living in this modern time, that may be one of the smartest choices anyone could make.

Macfinest
macfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've come to the dark side- as the employers like to say.

Recently got switched from a Samsung Galaxy to an Apple iPhone 6.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

How are you liking it Ron?

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So far so good. I think I'm just getting the basics down but I'm sure there's a whole lot more to it.
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

they are pretty nifty. I've got a Samsung galaxy rugby...it's supposed to be super tough and take a beating... It's great phone and as many times as I've dropped it , it's only got one tiny crack in the upper corner... But I love my bros iPhone 6. So want to upgrade to that. I'm just gonna have to get the toughest otter box case available when it happens

Old 05-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I have an otter box case, I have the one with the belt clip (despite my sister telling me people don't use them anymore ) but I like it.

My sis and I tried out the FaceTime feature just for the heck of it. It was pretty neat.

I've got 3 cases for this phone- my otter box, then I have one that has a place for cards. And I got myself a waterproof case since that's how I messed up my SSGS3
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd wait a few month as the next iPhone is likely to be announced in August and released in September. Got my 5s when it was released almost 2 years ago so can't wait for the next one. But it will mean a new case.

Got an Otter Box for my iPhone, which still looks like new!
Old 05-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gotta love Otter Box!! Expensive but worth every penny!

I'm not due for an upgrade for a while...I think about 8 or 10 months....so ive got no problem waiting.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing- it's always "the next best thing".

I was due for an upgrade and with the iPhone 6 being the latest I figured why not go for it. So if it can last me the next 5/8 years then I am more than happy with that.

After all when it came to my Razor phone I had that from my sophomore year of high school to my sophomore year of college. Then when it came to my Samsung Galaxy S3, I had that from my sophomore year in college up until two weeks ago.

I have a tendency to make my phones last.

And with my iP6 I know I will make it last. I've got 3 cases. The Otter Box, the one that holds cards for convenience and then a waterproof case as well.
Emma♥Neal
Reply   Post New Thread