Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh brother, of course, you and your brother happen to have to move homes at the same time basically! Isn’t that just how life goes, eh?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Not knowing what is going on with my sickness has give me a lot of anxiety.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is completely understandable, Mandie.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I’m sorry to hear that, Mandie!
Old 01-22-2019, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Old 01-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sunny I'm trying, I really am. I don't know what I expected the " after" to be like but I know it was not this.

Did you all know that you can see a therapist thru video chat? I learned that last week. Also learned that I'm apparently "mourning" the loss of my cancer. That because it was a part of me and I was sick for so long, I feel like I'm missing a piece of me. UM....wtf, no! I miss no part of that but what do I know, I'm not the professional. I'm back on my Sertaline, and that is helping a bit. Just wish this was moving along a bit faster.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Im off to see a good friend of mine who is suffering badly , yesterday she was bad , so im going to put a smile on her face today

Jean-Claude Van Damme Campaign
Old 01-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ That's very kind of you.

Kali, I think you above anyone else would know that doctors are super dumb when it comes to showing empathy or using some tact. Obviously, you're not missing the cancer. Duh. But having had to fight it off for a good, solid chunk of time. Having it dominate your life for a while there... it'd be odd if its disappearance didn't leave you feeling off balance.

It's not that you miss it. Obviously. It's that everything's different, which is bound to be unsettling. And it's not like you have, like, cancer's carcass to point to and have evidence that you kicked its behind. So, brain-wise, it's just hard to "realize," which adds to the wonkiness of the situation.

At least, that's how it seems to me.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Can someone tell me where the new depression-thread is? The other one is closed and can't find the new one

*edit

Never mind....found it!

Last edited by Clover1983; 01-23-2019 at 01:12 PM
Old 01-23-2019, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad you did...

I just wish my phone wasn't such a freaking mystery to me.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

Stress isn’t good. Anxiety high.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup. But I'm not sure how else I could have reacted.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, feeling so after stressed out cause communicating with my co-worker on Thursday’s is just so exhausting... we are so opposite personalities and we don’t get each other’s communication styles and she’s type A while I’m laid back. And I just stayed half an hour after school trying to tell her that it’s important to me for her not to do the stuff in my job description but she seems like she won’t compromise or take my concern seriously

And she told me I come off passive aggressive cause I repeat things she tells me and she thinks I’m passive aggressive because of that., I had to tell her (even tho I don’t like her) that I’m merely restating to make sure I understand what I’m hearing and told her I feel my brain is a bit autistic so maybe she can get it and I hate letting people at work know I think that but I’m desperate for her to understand me a bit in how I work.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm proud of you for feeling able to explain the situation to her and the underlying causes for the way you come across to people. So well done! It's also good you addressed the issues you have with her. I'm saddened by her responses though. It doesn't seem like she is willing to consider your needs or the fact your way of communication is different. I think the personality clash may not be resolvable: she is a control freak about the way things are done, and to a certain extent so are you. But even so it's good you talked about it, and didn't let something that bothers you, go unmentioned. Something you used to find really hard. As much as you dislike confrontation, you still did it, so well done!
Old 01-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks, Claire. That's the good thing about sharing, cause you make me consider that the fact I talked to her is a good thing. I'm getting better at trying to communicate since it seems to important to her to know every detail of stuff!!! But I really hate to have to release the information I think I have an autistic brain (since I don't have an official diagnosis) cause I think if people at work now, they can gossip or get the wrong idea, and I know she doesn't really like me so I risk the feelings I have being used against me. But it was my last resort for her to maybe understand the struggle we have.

Yeah, I guess I'm also sort of a control freak about how I do my own work and its hard to learn a new way to do it.

I want to work there, but who knows, I might have to leave after this year since I was feeling good all day but she said she still feels a tension between us.