Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2018, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Anxiety Support #5: We're all here to support each other.

a n x i e t y
support

Old 08-01-2018, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
^ Not quite that bad, no. I mean, I always quadruple check my bank balance before going out to shop and I still feel anxiety when I swipe that card. But never to the point of avoiding the whole thing, though.

Honestly, maybe I'm too passive-aggressive for my own good, Kim, but that would just convince me to keep calling. What's the worse that can happen? Mind you, you know the answer to that question better than I do.
I know what you mean about the quadruple check. I spoke about it with my therapist and she said because I've been dealing with depression from events since I was about 4 or 5 that I've probably been doubting myself that long, my anxiety has had time to take root and stem from there.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
^ Not quite that bad, no. I mean, I always quadruple check my bank balance before going out to shop and I still feel anxiety when I swipe that card. But never to the point of avoiding the whole thing, though.

Honestly, maybe I'm too passive-aggressive for my own good, Kim, but that would just convince me to keep calling. What's the worse that can happen? Mind you, you know the answer to that question better than I do.
Sunny, that's actually a fabulous idea. I always write down names, dates, times of calls, so I'd have a really great record, either way. Plus, who knows, I may stumble across someone who actually knows what they're talking about and doing.

Kim
Old 08-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully it works itself out Kim, that added stress of worrying about it is not what you need, you already have a lot on your plate
Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I know what you mean about the quadruple check. I spoke about it with my therapist and she said because I've been dealing with depression from events since I was about 4 or 5 that I've probably been doubting myself that long, my anxiety has had time to take root and stem from there.
That makes sense. I hope it gets easier for you. TFTNT!

I know you're anxious Kim, but you've done your best in a difficult situation. I hope it comes right.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by There You'll Be (View Post)
Sunny, that's actually a fabulous idea. I always write down names, dates, times of calls, so I'd have a really great record, either way. Plus, who knows, I may stumble across someone who actually knows what they're talking about and doing.
Well, precisely, Maybe you'll come across someone who knows what they're doing. And, if anything, you'll start being known around the office and they'll just give you what you want, even though they're not supposed to, just to stop you calling back.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Really love that gif thank you!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spent most of the night in tears after a fight with my boyfriend. I hate that sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me and I snap, I can't seem to stop myself and I watch myself take it out on him, and even when I know I am doing it, i can't seem to prevent it. It makes him ask himself what he did wrong and how to make it better, and I cannot answer that for him.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry your anxiety is causing fights, Theresa.

At least you realise you're aware of the cause, that's the first step on the road to controlling it.

When I was first going out with my husband, I had huge problems controlling my anger, I'd never learnt how. I started hitting pillows, and walking away to calm myself down. These days my anger isn't a problem, I guess I did learn how to deal with it in the end. I think being aware I had a problem, was very important though.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you. It was over text and by the end of the night I realised I was still hurt and angry by what had happened but it wasn't entirely his fault, so I apologised, and told him I'd be better and he said he was sorry and would be more open.

Hopefully like you I will learn to control them better and not let my emotions get to me.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Emotions are tricky beasts. I'm glad you worked things out, Theresa.

Claire, I'm also glad you worked through things, and that anger isn't that kind of issue for you now.

Sunny! That made me laugh out loud. It never occurred to me they'd start handling things just to get me to stop calling.

Kim
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know that it would actually work that way, Kim. But there's a reason people know to be determined, you know. Remember The Shawshank Redemption? Andy Dufresne wrote the governor one letter every day to ask for more books for the prison library. He got a few books and a letter telling him to stop writing.

So he switched to writing two letters a week, and he got a whole newly renovated library out of it.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm having a hard time. People are expecting me to go somewhere tomorrow but I don't really want to go. My mom said I didn't have to, but maybe it's my OCD but a part of my mind is like, "if you don't go everyone will be mad at you." I don't know what to do.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't go.

It's a two-fer. You don't want to and it means you won't have let your anxiety about people's reactions get the best of you.

I mean, that's easy enough for me to say, huh? I've been there and done the exact opposite of what I'm recommending you do now.

So it's okay if you do go and it's okay if you don't go. Just decide for yourself why you're going. It's okay if it's to make sure no one is mad at you, too. It's not like, by going for that reason, you're committing some sort of crime either.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread