Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, every one of you.

I'd give anything to have Universal Health Care. It works, so why can't the US do it??

I have to say, I'm hugely blessed to have any insurance at all-and it's because I'm disabled. I would be long dead without it.

Yeah, anxiety is definitely not going to help me. It's just one of those things that's hard to fight.

I can only pay what I can pay, and do what I can do. I see that. I don't own anything, so, they can't get more than that out of me.

Sunny, I really hope that things settle down at work, or that you're able to get through it. I don't know what's going on, but it's clearly hurting you.

Kim
Old 03-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, isn't it all sorts of stupid to bother charging someone on a disability income a bill for anesthesia! Like, as if, anyone could afford it. You already have to go to the food bank. So, yeah, they won't be able to get that!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. SIL hasn't come in while I'm home for a while now. So far, so good.

I think the headphones for watching TV helps too cause I can block out their noise when necessary now.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

The real messed up part is that some insurances will only cover things like anesthesia if you have it pre approved, meaning you have to know in advance you're having surgery. Like they don't think unexpected things happen. Amd a lot of times the person doing the approval / denial dose t bother to read or look into the case, they just bust out the no stamp. It's gotten worse with the ACA of what is covered and what's not. It's not fun at all.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really couldn't deal with that.

Today's been good for me, since the problem I had at work seems to have been solved. And yet, here I am, still fretting because the situation is far from over. My part of it just seems to be okay.

I swear. I'm gonna give myself an ulcer. And it'll be my fault.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

I find my anxiety high when there's a lot of tenaion and I don't know how to stop that. Any tips?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mandie - literally breathing. Controlled breathing, it's not a cure all and it's always different as to how long and what position you need to be in, but controlling your breathing helps massively. when you start to feel overwhelmed or you feel the symptoms start, you just take focused deep breaths in and exhale hard out and repeat it. There is actually an app that will help you do this. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

Sunny mistakes happen and you know it wasn't intentional so you've done noting wrong.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I do the breathing, I read a pattern of breathing in for 4 seconds, holding it for seconds then breathing out for 4 seconds making an "ooo" with my lips. Breathing out that way is supposed to slow or help calm more. Kind of works for me! (I guess if you breathe out with an open mouth it would be more like panting, )
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mandie Stop, Breathe & Think App or Paced Breathing

There are a ton of them out there to try

Leanne patterns help

Old 03-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kali, be really careful with what new insurance you get-because apparently there is a lot of fine print in the policies now. Make sure you're covered for everything you have to have.

I haven't heard back from anyone I've contacted, yet, but I've come to expect that any more.

Sunny, I hope that the rest of it, outside of your part, get settled soon. I don't want you getting sick, especially getting an ulcer of it. There is no way, that I know of, to force yourself to get over anxiety.

Leanne, I'm glad your SIL hasn't been barging in.

Mandie, do you physically pick up tension when you're near somebody? Or is it more tension in the air? The only thing I know of, aside from the breathing (which truly does help, when you find which way works best for you) is to try and get into my own space. Like our home, or my own room.

Kali and Leanne, thanks for your suggestions, and Kali, thanks for that link. Maybe I'll find one there that works for me.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 03-07-2018 at 11:28 AM
Old 03-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dp.

Kim
Old 03-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm probably exagerating with the ulcer, Kim. I have acid reflux, which naturally kicks up when I'm stressed, so my mind goes to "ulcer," but that doesn't mean I'm really getting one.

Mandie, breathing excercise are great. I would also recommend visualization, especially since you have a strong faith. Visualize the cause of your anxiety and put it in the hands of Higher Power.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Kali Thanks, I'll look up the apps.

Kim Well, tension, in the air, people. Example: Drama at the post office today. I had my slips in my hand, and the employee told me to come to her so I did. Someone was like "Next in line" they were like "We're picking up too. So why did you go before us?!" I was like "Because she told me to." The other employee simply said "Because you weren't in line over by the greeting cards." I had walked into the post office and started to get in line by the greeting cards like you're supposed to do when picking up items if getting certified mail. The woman who wigged out was like "I'm about to kill someone." (In a federal building mind you) I wanted to go "Way to make threats this day in age." Or "Maybe if you just followed signs you'd know what to do." I didn't say anything. Another person had wigged out too, the employees were backing me up, but it caused my anxiety to fly.

Sunny I could try that. It hasn't worked on the past. I tried working out last night to see if working out would take away the anxiety, but it had me get more since I slipped off the stairmaster.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still, it's understandable why you'd worry about giving yourself an ulcer. Can your Dr. increase the medicine for your stomach?

Mandie, that is completely understandable to me about why you'd get stressed in that situation, and with those people. Shame on them. It's hard when you can't leave a situation like that, and are kind of forced to stay in the area. I think trying the breathing will help you, also. I know you don't want to behave like them, just to stand up for yourself, and that makes it hard.

Kim
Old 03-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kim, I have a prescription for when my acid reflux really kicks up. But that's a sign that I'm on edge. So I'd rather try to work on that, you know?

Mandie, not everything works for everyone.

Having said that, it works for me when I use concrete images. Picture an object and picture a physical representation of a Higher Power. I use either the sea or a river. I put the thing that's causing me anxiety either in a basket to flow down the river or on the water to be "swallowed" by a wave. And I repeat that visualization. A lot. Over and over again.

Or I imagine the thing that's causing anxiety as a hockey puck that I "pass" to a Higher Power to hold for me while I deal with other stuff.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Kim It's worse when I have absolutely no control over it like yeaterday. Like so many things went wrong in a matter of 20 minutes. It was like:

Phone had the touch screen issue and I found out what it was, then power went out, phone was on the verge of dying, all the sudden phone died, went to charge it in my car, then the electric part of my car for the LCD screen wigged out, no sound, no nothing, froze. Then phone died, found a power bank, then phone died.. charged it with the power bank, then power bank died phone died then charged it in my car and mom met up for dinner. I was like "electricity and technology seriously hates me right now!" We ended up having to go out to dinner because of the power outage. It was back on before we got home which is great. But still, have so much to do for the baby shower.

Sunny I will for sure try the visualization techniques and listening to music.