Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Addicted Fan

The Anti-Name-Remembering-Club: We're never gonna stop asking you who you are.

The Anti-Name-Remembering-Club
A head like a sieve, but a heart like a...

Welcome fellow sieve-heads! Welcome not-sieve-heads!
If you can't help forgetting everyone's names no matter how often they tell you, this is the place to be. In the last few days a group of sieve-heads has discussed the matter thoroughly and decided to change their sad, sad fates and start a support group, because we are not alone.
If you don't have such problems, but know one of us, or for whatever other reason, would like us to remember your name, we invite you to tell us your name and you'll be added to our lists of names.

Sincerely yours, Leo

General Principles For Not Forgetting Names

1. If you forgot the name of a club member, call them Anna or Peter. We all go by those. Don't be ashamed, that's perfectly fine.

2. You can always use the lists this thread provides. Fan Forum wide.

3. Write yourself your own list. Exchange them with other members if you like.

4. Be never ashamed to ask again. We're all poor, poor people, who can't even remember names. Poor us.

5. If you're a MAC user, makes-me-wonder has a great idea for you: "Put a stickie on the desktop or dashboard with them you can refer to! Dashboards best and all you have to do is press F12!"

in alphabetical order so that it's easier to find what you're looking for... Annas are pink, Peters blue... default is Anna...

...........Members..........

Abomasum....................Leo
Anna-wa........................
Astra..........................
I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry........Kate
LALEY-FOREVER............Aurora
L4P......................Summer
Libra.....................Sandy
Nele.......................Nele
PiCkLeS4dAwSoN.............Anji
Rainstorm18...............Jenny
so_what?..................Izzie
wbjunkie.............Sky(Skyla)
~*Yamiko.......................

..........The List..........

Just Peachy. .............Bella
cheery.davis..............Carol

Dear moderators of "Communities",
I hope this thread is okay here and that I'm not causing you as much trouble with this as I caused over in Off Topic. I, however, apologize in advance, if I do.
Best wishes, Abomasum

Last edited by Abomasum; 04-20-2009 at 02:24 PM
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

So count me in. I suck at names. (and incase you forgot mine it's Kate )
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Addicted Fan

No, Anna, I still remember your name.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi all

I've talked with a few of the other mods of this board, and we're not sure the thread as it stands belongs on our board.

I realize differentiating between what goes on Off Topic and what goes on Communities can be difficult. However, in general, if there is a community of folks who share some common interest (like this) it goes on the Communities board.

Right now, this thread appears to be more of a community of posters who forget names. And if that's the case, then the thread doesn't belong on our board. It should go to the Communities Board.

However, if y'all want to redirect/revise the opening post and subsequent direction of the thread to just talking about how we forget names or recalling times when we've done that, it would more fit our board
Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Hello Yellow Mustang Girl!

I'm sorry.

Should I start the thread again in Communities, or will you move it? Because then I suppose we don't quite fit here...

Again, I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause you any troubles.

... or is our subject too stupid for Communities? I'd totally understand if you'd rather close us down, it's not that important.

Last edited by Abomasum; 05-02-2008 at 12:20 PM
Old 05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it's stupid at all I'm sure it would fit fine on the Communities board.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Hello Yellow Mustang Girl!

I'm sorry.

Should I start the thread again in Communities, or will you move it? Because then I suppose we don't quite fit here...

Again, I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause you any troubles.

... or is our subject too stupid for Communities? I'd totally understand if you'd rather close us down, it's not that important.
It's okay. Don't feel bad about anything. There's no trouble. We just want to clarify the purpose of the thread so we'd know if it should be closed, moved or modified so it can fit here. Below are your options. Please read through them to decide which one best represents your initial purpose for this thread.

1. Close Thread

If this thread is only for name listing, as in people posting what their real names are and then you put it on the list, then we cannot allow it and it'd have to be closed because there is no topic for discussion and it is too redundant given we already have a list of names on the bunny thread and we also have an intro thread for anyone who would like to introduce themselves. We have a lot of traffic on this board where people come and go all the time so it's not necessary to have a reference list to remember everyone's names.

2. Move Thread to Communities Board

If this a club as you call it, for people who always forgets people's names, then it's a group with a purpose, trait or interest and it should belong at Communities Board. When a thread offers membership and support for whatever purpose, it is not a general topic open for discussion and we'd move it to Communities Board. I understand that the bunny thread also has membership and a list of names, but because their condition of membership depends on how much people have posted and therefore is related to their topic of discussion, which is trying to achieve a certain posting goal - so we made an exception for it.

Please note that even if we move this thread because we believe it belongs on the Communities Board, once it's moved, it's up to the mods of the Communities Board to decide if it should stay there.

3. Staying on OT Board

If you change the thread's topic to not be about lists and club memberships, and only about discussing a certain topic, such as "Do you find it hard to remember people's names?" or "Are you good at remembering people's names?" or "Do you bother to learn people's real names on FF?", then it'd be a topic thread and is well-fitted on this board.

Please consider your options and let us know if you'd like us to close the thread, move the thread or modify it to a general topic to better fit this board. Thanks.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Well since our original thought was to find people with the same problem and talk to them about it, I suppose option 2 would be for the best. Thank you for explaining everything.
Again, I'm really sorry, I'm a very confused person and should've known where to put this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
I don't think it's stupid at all I'm sure it would fit fine on the Communities board.
Thank you, Jen.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Well since our original thought was to find people with the same problem and talk to them about it, I suppose option 2 would be for the best. Thank you for explaining everything.
Again, I'm really sorry, I'm a very confused person and should've known where to put this thread.
No worries.

It can take a little while to get accustomed to any board online, and it's easy to get confused--I know that I made some mistakes when I first started posting here.

We really do want you to feel welcome and to be happy on so please don't let this small setback stop you from posting with us.

I'm moving your thread.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome to the Communities Board

I'm Bella
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Bella! Nice to meet you. Thank you for welcoming us.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Welcome to Communities

You can add me to the list my name is Nele (not hard to remember as it's my username)
I'm always happy when people put their name in their signature because I always forget people's name
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for welcoming us.

Added you, Nele. ^^

Yeah, it's awful, isn't it? And it's not only like that on the 'net with me... I keep meeting new people and forgetting their names so much, that I made it a habit to sing their names to myself in my mind for about ten minutes after they told me and sometimes they stick. It's terrible to ask again if you have to look into their eyes, because sometimes it's just so disappointing for them...
Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

I totally know what you mean... when I was on the train to school there was a girl from the other class and she told me her name dozens of times but I kept forgetting and it's so stupid when you see someone and you want to say something but you forgot their name, so then I usually stick to "hey"
And the best part... people asking me "what's the name of that girl who's on the train with you" and I'm like ... no idea
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, I know that feeling, when I try to stop someone when they're walking by... like, I forget the names of my teachers frequently, so I end up running after them madly screaming "excuse me!!!", because I just couldn't stop them otherwise.
I'm so glad nobody ever asks me for names...
Reply   Post New Thread