Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anti-Math Club #2: Learning disability or not, we all hate numbers and equations!

The Number Victims
  1. ~+Yamiko
  2. truroswellian
  3. KervyQT16
  4. Jezebel In Hell
  5. trucherrygirl
  6. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
  7. GalindaIsPopular
  8. Ron_Beckett
  9. MBfan19
  10. fastsummer
  11. Angelus'sslave
  12. hadasuli
  13. McB
  14. Californian
  15. Elena_1716
  16. redrose13
  17. carito
  18. iRawrMusic
  19. Kelsi Nielsen
  20. only dreaming
  21. baelfire24
  22. The Survivor
  23. BlackWhiteRose

By the way, this is a thread to talk about our gripes with anything that has to do with math. Come one and all. If you need help with a math problem, please head over to the Homework Thread at the Off Topic board.

Will work on the first post later. But if you guys have any suggestions on what I should add, let me know.
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 11-19-2015 at 11:36 AM
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Ronnie
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure thing
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry I closed the wrong thread totally thought it was the old thread * hangs head * forgive me

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no worries Great Kali

my final math grade in school was a D...I got it Pre-calculus my senior year. dont ask me how I got all the way to pre-calc.
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFNT!
Wannabe added to the list please
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I got you added

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG!! I dont know how I ever got through high school. I basically sucked at math even the basics couldnt compute with my brain.

MissSomerhalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ yup, for some of us our brains just weren't designed for that torture

Old 11-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

It is stupid torture to us. Mental Abuse To Humans

MissSomerhalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

exactly!

Old 11-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for adding me.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

In high school, I studied the international program, which meant that all my math classes were the Canadian equivalent of AP math, I guess. Anyway, I was traumatized for a very long time, thinking that I was just utterly stupid when it came to maths.

Fast foward many, many years and I now work in a law firm with (among others) engineers who help people navigate the process of getting patents for their inventions. One of them and I were talking about that a while back and I was, again, saying, how stupid I was when it came to maths and explaining how, on the whole, I had good grades in high school, except for maths and science and chemistry and all of those.

He looked at me and went, you realize that you were doing "AP" stuff, right? If you'd been in the regular math class, your grade would probably had been much higher.

Which.... Well, math is probably always going to be the bane of my existence, but it just put things in perspective. Sometimes it's the teacher who isn't great at communicating knowledge. Sometimes, if you'd had a little more individual help, it would have been clearer. And sometimes you just get stuck on the narrative that you're stupid at math.

sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I´m just not into numbers that much.
Never loved solving equations.
Math was fun in the frist fourth grades.... but then it just started to go downhill.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Before understanding that I had an actual LD math infuriated me. I never did homework past 6 PM because it felt like my mind with numbers and equations was fried.

I would read in class instead of focus on math.

I had to take my state TAKS test 3 times and felt like an idiot. I was also taking a lot of medical science/math classes but struggled and I felt like an idiot surrounded by brainiacs.

For years people- friends, teachers, even counselors would ask if I had a learning disability but my dad never believed in an LD for math so parents never had me tested.
Emma♥Neal
Reply   Post New Thread