Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Zac Efron/Troy Bolton Appreciation #8: b/c even though his jersey says "14", he'll forever be #1 in our hearts

Zac Efron/Troy Bolton Appreciation Thread #8

High School Musical 1 gave us the story of Troy Bolton, basketball playmaker and East High's hottie superbum,
and his journey to discovering more about himself. Fate played its part in unveiling Troy's undiscovered passion
and talent for music and the art of performance. Ultimately Troy proves triumphant, proving that you don't need
to be defined by the status quo of any particular stereotype.

Troy's journey in High School Musical 2 takes him to a scary place - contemplating his future. What began as a
fun and productive way to spend his summer - working with his friends - became a moral dilemma. Balancing
friends and fun with the opportunities provided by the Redhawks and a promotion was harder than anticipated,
and Troy began to question his life priorities. He learns the value of remaining true to oneself.

The pressures of senior year and making decisions about the future are prevalent in High School Musical 3,
where Troy is faced with deciding where he will be after college. His life path had always been set in stone - to
follow in his fathers footsteps by playing basketball at the University of Albuquerque. However when
faced with alternate prospects - such as pursuing his love of theater, or attending one of the other schools who've
contacted him - Troy must cast aside the expectations everyone else has for him and make the decision which is right for him.

Zachary David Alexander Efron was born October 18, 1987, to loving parents David and Starla Efron. Growing up in San Luis Obispo, California, Zac lived a laidback lifestyle of an average kid coming from a loving family. He had a passion for performing, participating in local theater productions and gaining small guest appearances on shows such as Firefly, ER, Without A Trace and The Guardian. It was a recurring guest role on Summerland - which became a spot as a permanent cast member - which propelled Zac to small time fame. But it wasn't until landing the role of Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie High School Musical that Zac became somewhat of a household name. His subsequent role as Link Larkin in 2007's Hairspray remake which proved that Zac has the chops to really make a name for himself in the business.

Since then, Zac returned to his role of Troy Bolton in DCOM High School Musical 2 and once again on the big screen for High School Musical 3. He's proved himself as an award winning comedic actor for his role of Mike O'Donnell in 17 Again; has Me and Orson Welles due out in cinemas late 2009 and is filming The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud. In between establishing his career as a versatile, charismatic and talented actor, Zac has filmed guest appearances for Entourage and Robot Chicken, participated in worldwide press tours, and been featured on the covers of prestigious magazines including GQ, Interview and Rolling Stone. Through all the fame and being one of America's most sought after young talents, Zac remains humble and genuine, living life as normally as he can and always expressing gratitude for the support he receives. Undoubtedly High School Musical was only the beginning for Zac.

- Fearlessღ (Jill-Renay)
- "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (Naomi)
- nyychick2 (Molly)
- tyubi (Tugba)
- HSMloveOTH (Lindsey)
- xlennie (Heleen)
- ~Jewel~ (Jule)
- hockeycanada87 (Jordyn)
- bokayjunkie (Nikka)
- sapphiress (Rachel)
- Live in Love ~ (Mariella)
- V-Nessa (Nessa)
- Adie010 (Adie)
- brasha (Shari)
- Less Than Perfect (Holden)
- Falling~star (Kath)
- zanessatroygabriellalover (Harley)
- ThePrettySophia (Federika)
- Kat (blackwhitegrey)
- ~IcePrincess~
- heaven85
- ilovemcsteamy
- *~Alex~*
- murphyboy11 (Jordan)
- xXxgalaxyxXx (Clare)
- krizzteh (Kristy)
- sarahbeth0587 (Sarah)
- Sweet_Honeycomb (Philly)
- Miss Fate (Gladys)
- xXSTARwarsROXx
- annanoelle4987 (Marissa)
- mymolly923
- BumbleBeee92
- *PassionateJ* (Jessica)
- lisagslack14
- melliee
- loveslullaby
- stardazzle (Grace)
- I Don't Dance (Christi)
- sneakernight♥ (Lissia)
- pandora147 (Dani)
- Nelmichelle_xo (Nel)
- bellcomacento
- WhereverYouAre_ (Tamy)
- Release_Meღ (Lucy)
- **Tess** (Tess)
- time4love (Kelly)
-*-LaLis-* (Lais)
- scabbyabby (Abby)
- _alexandragrace (Lexi)
- Melanie Garcia (Melanie)
- justletmebreathe (Carol)

#1 -- http://www.fanforum.com/f133/zac-efr...hrob-62826705/
#2 -- http://www.fanforum.com/f133/zac-efr...load-62832050/
#3 -- http://www.fanforum.com/f133/zac-efr.../#post35744382
#4 -- http://www.fanforum.com/f133/zac-efr...yway-62907166/
#5 -- Because he's doing bigger things but you can bet on it he still makes us scream

Also visit Zac's Board

Last edited by heartunprepared; 09-29-2009 at 04:22 PM
Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Kelly, it's beautiful
Old 09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Wow.......

Ummm.... why am I not a supporter?
Can I be added please

Abigail ~ Icon
Master Fan

Add me add me!

belief makes things true
things like you, you and I
Master Fan

I have a lot of people to thank.

Thanks to everyone who just spent five hours killing the last thread I said I owe you cookies, I owe you a lot more than that.

Thank you Dani and Tamy for looking this over and making sure it was perfect. Special thank you to Dani for the blurbs about our favorite captain and actor, but more importantly, thank you for trusting me because I know how much Zachary means to you, I really hope I did you justice.

Thanks Kenny for objectifying him constantly. Thank you Disney for giving us our Wildcat Captain.

But most of all, thank you Zac Efron for being down to earth and not letting the fame shoot to your head. We don’t love you because of what you are, we love you because of who you are. You gave Troy Bolton a life, and we wish you luck through everything you do
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What Kelly said and a HUGE thank you to Kelly herself. I love this man so much and I truly wouldn't have wanted just anyone doing this and I know it's just an OP but it feels like it means so much more to me.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wowzers it's so epic!

FANTASTIC JOB KELLY!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Just cos I think it is AWESOME that a little kid kitted out in spiderman gear happens to be stood next to him.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Is that Bubba I spy in the background?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it is, Kirsten!

And I actually love the spiderman kid too I'd noticed him another time and at him
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Spiderman kid FTW!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

The OP is EPIC!

Spideyboy!
but I can't handle it when I turn off my nightlight |
'05-'10 forever a kuuipo ♥ Liss.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that Zac has a large Starbucks cup I want one.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy crap the OP is AMAZING!

Great job Kelly

Can I get my user name changed on the OP?

By the way it says thread # is suppose to be 8 right?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How on earth did I miss that? Oh right I was staring at Zac I'll change that now and your name for you Jess.

I'll go around eventually and change anywhere that your old name is, and also Jill-Renay's old name (BrendaSaysHi) is around a lot, and a few others who're mods and have changed names. I'll make a list