Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 PM
New Fan

Hi! New shipper here. Feel free to add me to the shippers/supporters list. I know I'm insanely late to join this fandom, but hey, I just watched all 3 HSM movies for the first time... all in a row, so maybe I can be forgiven for not having time to think of the possibility of Ryelsi, until they happened in the third movie?

Still, I'm ashamed that I didn't ship them until they had more obvious on-screen interaction... even though Kelsi and Ryan were my two favorite characters right away, in the first movie! How did I not see how perfect they'd be together? I guess I needed longer scenes together to really see the actors' chemistry? But still...I should've known! They have lots in common but enough differences to complement each other. Don't you love how she gets a little more bold and teases him (like in the "Mr. Choreographer" scene), and meanwhile he seems more shy around her? Awww!

Still not enough scenes together (I wish they were the stars ..well they are anyway, in my mind!)...but there's enough to stir the imagination and capture our hearts (yes, cheesy, I am.) and in a way I like the fact that they had separate character development over the first two movies, and grew as individuals, before becoming a couple. It's kinda cool the way their relationship seems gradual and organic, not forced and rushed.

I NEED a tv series set in Juilliard though! It could be the next FAME or Dance Academy, I tell ya! I love that the writers made it clear their future is in New York together... I hate that HSM3 didn't show their reaction shots to both of them winning the scholarship! Hugging and kissing should have ensued! And Kelsi totally should've been there with the "Main Six", leaping in the air at the very end. Come on, she was an important character too! *More* important than Taylor, if you ask me (no offense to Taylor. But you know. She didn't have much of a storyline. Of course I find Kelsi way more important, and way more interesting than Gabriella too, no matter how much screentime Gabriella had, so... )

Okay, I'm sure I'm not saying anything here that hasn't been said before... please excuse this new fan boring all you old-timers. If I may...a few more unoriginal thoughts... THE WAY THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER. Such sweet affection in their eyes. And playful shoulder bumps! And the way he "asked" her to prom! And THE WINK! The cuteness...it kills me. I'm gonna have to say Kelsi and Ryan are adorable. Yes, ADORABLE. And I'm sure I'm the first one to say *that*.

ETA: Thanks for the welcome, Drunk On You! (Thought maybe I should edit this post to say that instead of adding another post right away?)

Last edited by crispy; 08-05-2014 at 11:47 PM
Old 08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome

April
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome, crispy! So great to have more fans with us! If you want, you can also introduce yourself here.

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people saw the potential until it actually happened (I know I didn't!), but they really are perfect for each other, aren't they? I'm glad they got to explore them a bit in the last movie. And I also agree on Kelsi needing more exposure and deserving to be with the 'main six' (although I get why they didn't make it a main seven - for aesthetic reasons (the even number of mains and 3 girls/3 boys, I suppose)). She's my second favourite character after Troy so I need all the Kelsi I can get!

Also, if someone's posted after you, you can just make another post again, no problem.

Last edited by splintered; 08-06-2014 at 04:29 AM
Old 08-06-2014, 06:55 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty springs (View Post)
Yeah, I don't think a lot of people saw the potential until it actually happened (I know I didn't!), but they really are perfect for each other, aren't they?
Yup! And even though I slapped my forehead for not seeing it coming, it's actually really cool (and rare) when something happens in a story that surprises you, but then makes perfect sense in retrospect! Subtle seeds were planted, I guess. (So many shows have "shocking twists" or out-of-nowhere relationships that just *don't* make sense and seem forced. So...Ryelsi rocks. )

Quote:
And I also agree on Kelsi needing more exposure and deserving to be with the 'main six' (although I get why they didn't make it a main seven - for aesthetic reasons (the even number of mains and 3 girls/3 boys, I suppose))
Ooh, I know how to fix that! Add Zeke at the end too. Aww just let all the couples be together for that final curtain call!

Quote:
Also, if someone's posted after you, you can just make another post again, no problem.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I agree. ;nod: It was sudden, but it made sense. Although I do wish we'd had more of them in the first two movies, of course.

Hmm, idk re: adding Zeke. I think Kelsi is a bit on the verge~ of being a main character, but I honestly don't think Zeke is.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. ;nod: It was sudden, but it made sense. Although I do wish we'd had more of them in the first two movies, of course.

Hmm, idk re: adding Zeke. I think Kelsi is a bit on the verge~ of being a main character, but I honestly don't think Zeke is.
Poor Zeke... Kelsi is a main character though! She is! Like Troy said, it's HER SHOW. And she makes everyone else look (sound) good... kind of behind-the-scenes-y and initially overlooked, but where would they all be without the composer? There'd be no High School Musicals! Kelsi's the most important! She's the star, I tell you! The staaaarrrr....well, like I said, she and Ryan are the real stars of HSM, in my mind.

Ryelsi really was a delightful surprise and I kind of love the way it came about, even with not-enough-screentime... it just would've been perfect if the third movie had led to a fourth, or a TV series, to continue their story. Heck, why not a whole bunch of movies focusing on different characters besides Troy and Gabriella? (With the others making cameos/appearances) ...I know it's not likely now, but that's what I wish.

Juilliard...Sigh...I need some Ryelsi at Juilliard (and then on Broadway!) fanfiction or something... they need to team up and write/choreograph/create more musicals. And make beautiful music together. Which sounds like the same thing but it's not...winkwinknudgenudge. Yes, Kelsi and Ryan will get married but stay creative and be that awesome rare couple who work together and stay together, forever in love! (I'm fine. Don't mind me.)

You know, Ryelsi might be the only ship I've ever shipped who actually got a happy ending in canon? Wow. Thanks Disney! (There's probably more if you count other Disney films though.)

Last edited by crispy; 08-07-2014 at 01:25 PM
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think in terms of screen time, Kelsi is one of the main characters. She doesn't have less screen time than Taylor, but I wouldn't say she's the star. She is, in my opinion (and Troy's... never talk to me about the playmakers, I will cry, no joke), extremely important in orchestrating important events in the series.

Honestly, though, I would never, ever want more continuation to the story (with the exception of Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, which I was initially skeptical about as well though) after HSM3. I feel like the main storylines were wrapped up nicely by the end of the third movie (except Sharpay's but hers was wrapped up in SFA, which is why I ended up liking that movie after all! Also, there's a Ryan cameo if you're interested ) and I think more would have been overkill. But I guess that's what fanfic is for.

Also, the fanfics you desire, I know they're out there. I don't read an awful lot of R/K myself, but I've seen stories about them at Juilliard in the archive at FF.net. I'd say consult our FanFiction thread, we have a lot of fics in there for pretty much every couple imaginable.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one not to see their potential until HSM3. In fact, I totally shipped Jason/Kelsi after the first movie.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did too. I do still like the idea of Jason/Kelsi, but I prefer Ryan/Kelsi now.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I'm with you there.

Both super cute but Ryan/Kelsi make more sense.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. Maybe if they'd given Jason a bit more background...

Old 09-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, one of the unfortunate things about having lots of characters.

Adorable!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The shoulder bump really is the cutest thing ever.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. They looked really comfortable around each other.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I love Ryan's sudden rush of confidence!