Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Possible board closure - Please read and respond! (UPDATED 28/07/13)

Hi, everyone!

As the thread title indicates, Tess and I regret to inform you all that we have recently come to the decision that perhaps it is time to let the HSM board close down. We both love the board and High School Musical dearly, but we feel like the board has had its time. We want the board to end on a good note, which is why we have made this very difficult decision.

While both of us are extremely grateful for what our presence on this board has given us and are proud of what we have achieved, we have recently both been struggling to keep this board going, especially considering it has been nearly 5 years since the last movie was released, which has made it increasingly difficult to keep discussions going.

However, we are not the only people who have dedicated time to this board, which is why we want know if you, our posters, agree with our decision or want to let this board stay at FanForum.

Either way, we want to thank everyone, old and current posters, previous moderators, for making this crazy journey so wonderful. Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat.

Much love,
Joyce and Tess.

Last edited by splintered; 06-22-2013 at 11:38 AM
Old 06-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be sad to see this board go but you as moderators you know when the time has come to close the board.
It's been fun posting here with you both

Shelle
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As a former moderator of this board, I felt a pang of hurt when I was told that you girls were planning to put this up. But at the same time, as a former moderator of this board, I more than understand the predicament that you are in, as Tamy and I went through this thought process way back three or so years ago at a point where it was mostly her and I here. If HSM4 had happened with the next generation it might've helped to keep things moving but it didn't happen, so as you've said, it's five years since the franchise ended, and when your three biggest stars have their own boards, Lucas is on a TV show with its own board... it makes it difficult to keep the rhythm going here.

I know that I personally cannot commit to re-commencing frequent posting here, and I don't believe it is fair for a board to be driven just by two moderators and a handful of people who pop by other threads.

There's a lot of Wildcat love that happens all over Fan Forum, and as the Wildcat community grows up, we all just don't have as much time as we used to. It doesn't mean that HSM is any less special to any of us. I think it would be great to see maybe a handful of threads re-ignited at the Disney board as a 'neutral' place to demonstrate for HSM.

That's my thoughts, and so I guess the summary is that, with regret, I think that you are making the right decision and I have no serious objections.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

This is really sad. But I completly understand. I mean these movies were my life for 3 years, I will miss this board dearly.

I had so much fun posting here!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh wow.

I can't say that I've ever really been much of a poster here and I can't say I have a good reason for not doing so. For some reason today I felt like I should click on a few other threads and discovered this. Whilst I haven't been an active poster here seeing this post makes me feel incredibly sad. HSM is what started the love I have for Vanessa as well as all the others and I'll be sad to see it go.

As far as posting goes, I don't want to make any big promises to posting a lot more from now on, but I can promise to make some posts here. It wouldn't be a lot, but I know I can commit some amount of posts here. It's not much, but if you guys decide to keep the board open I'm more than happy to help out where I can.

If not, then I really like Dani's idea on posting at the Disney board. It'll be like the old days before we started getting boards for everyone.

I have to commend both of you, Joyce and Tess, because making this decision could not have been any easy one. At the end of the day you guys know when the time has come.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm really sad to hear about this, thinking about how HSM was probably one of my very first boards on . I know I drifted away from this board (as I did with all of FF for a while) but it still makes me sad to hear it's going away.

However, I understand your decision and know it's probably for the best.

Demi Lovato ♥♥♥♥ Britney Spears ♥♥♥ One Direction ♥♥ Fifth Harmony (campaign) (met on 2/23/14 aka the best day of my life) ♥
Old 06-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would reply to all of you personally, but I'm kind of too overwhelmed that this is actually happening - Tess and I had talked about this before, but we'd never gone through with it - so I just want to thank all of you responding.

I really like Dani's suggestion of re-igniting the threads on the Disney board, though! Just because the board is ending, doesn't mean the love for the Wildcats has to end here. I don't want to go overboard with HSM quotes, but who says we have to let it go, right? I mean, I know that I personally don't want to let go of HSM, even if closing this board feels like the right thing to do...

Last edited by splintered; 06-23-2013 at 05:08 AM
Old 06-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely, I mean, you know that for me I'm certainly not letting the franchise go - we still have fab conversations at the Zac board about HSM and the Wildcats so the love is of course there!

This board has always been that 'neutral' place, independent from all the shipping preferences and other drama, which is why I think we could utilise some other boards - Disney and also potentially the Couples board, too! Then the posting can be about the joy and love of the series, and not about that obligation to meet X post quota to make sure the board stays alive.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Awww

Sounds like a really good plan and I'll definitely join you at other boards

Icon by Joyce
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So sad.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

As a former mod, it's sad to let go considering this is the first board I ever mod for and campaigned hard for. But I respect your decision. We could always relive the movies, couples, anything on Disney, Vanessa, Ashley, and Zac board.

To the mods. Cause it's not easy making this decision.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I had no idea y'all were considering closing this board, but it is understandable, unfortunately. Even though I don't post here (as I should ), I still feel like this board is apart of me because of Ashley and I would be sad to see it go. But like Adie said, we'd still have the Ashley, Zac, and Vanessa boards to discuss this awesome franchise in. I wish you girls the best in making this decision, and Joyce, I'll obviously still see you around! Tess, feel free to stop by Ashley's board anytime!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you again, everyone, for replying!

Also, many thanks to those who have assisted us in posting a bit for the last few days. It's relieved a lot of the pressure for us, so we have decided to keep the board open for a few more weeks to see how it goes before the final decision is made.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I guess just to this, the important thing is that if people want it to stay open, it has to be continued support, you know? Like I said, I'm not going to feign that I'm in the position to be able to do that (I'm stepping down from my extra CT responsibility due to lack of time as it is!) - but it's great to hear that you are getting more support at the moment. Hopefully if people continue providing that support then things can become better for you girls here
Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. We're keeping it open at the moment to see if the support is continued. If it is, we're willing to keep it open, but like Tess said to me yesterday, this really is the last shot.