Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We also don't have as much of a burden with uni fees. We have government supported student loans - I don't pay any of my student fees except for like, buying textbooks, until I have a real job and I'm earning a certain salary. And then it comes out of my taxes. So if you're like me and you stay living at home and sponge off the parents, you can sort of go off into the real world without worrying about being in debt. It also allowed me to be able to save enough money to go overseas and everything. But not everyone does that, I know people who've moved out with friends and some of them are struggling to get by and pay their rent and they have to work so much that they have no time to study. It really depends on your life scenario. I think living in a dorm gives you that period to get used to being indepdendent without having to worry about the intricacies of looking after bills and everything, it isn't quite as complicated as living in the real world and dealing with different bills for rent and electricity and everything. It's like a stepping stone to living in the real world.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Did we seriously just have a deep conversation that had nothing to do with Troy Bolton?

I agree, that's what I'm most excited for. The fact that next year, I'm gonna be on my own making my own decisions and choices that are best for me, not what I think others are going to feel. I'm going to be able to experience real life without just jumping into the game and drowning. I guess I'm just excited to grow up But still stay a little kid at heart of course
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not about Troy or Edward

It is exciting. I think you'll revel in it. Some people are just... they're ready for that experience, it calls to them.

How far away is the college you're going to from home?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

It's only like an hour away... but it's a big school. Like, it's a state school, which may mean nothing to you I dunno... I'm not anticipating coming home too often. I love the city... I'm not really a suburb kind of person

Thanks for asking though
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a good distance. Far enough that it is inconvenient to feel obliged to pop home randomly, but close enough that if you want to go home to have laundry done or whatever, you can go back
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

But now I just have to wait a year

Anything ground breaking and new for your life?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Way belated response, you've probably gone to sleep, and the answer is no I find out on I think Friday if I've passed my classes and if I get to graduate
Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

That is groundbreaking!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hrm. I'm not very excited. I don't have a 'real job' lined up or anything. I haven't even done any work experience or put together a resume. So if anything I'm scared because it means I'll have to start worrying about all this stuff
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm right there with you, Dani. No one's hiring interns right now, and I need an internship to look good on my resume. Bad economies suck.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I should have done unpaid work experience while I was still studying, while you're a student the university pays for like, workers insurance. It'll be hard to even work for free somewhere now because I won't be covered by anything like that. Hindsight is awesome, isn't it?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Icon by Joyce
Old 12-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's real.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I just want you to know this knowledge is awesome so I know what I should do when I'm given that opportunity
Old 12-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone around?