Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEyes♥ (View Post)
sure if I met Mr. Perfect tomorrow maybe my priorities will change but
I had my Peace Corps travel plans all mapped out before my guy even popped up on my radar and then he did and that was that

Ayesha
Old 01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry I didn't post tonight - I had a 60th birthday party and now I'm shattered. I'll post tomorrow after I get my hair done
Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A wild and raging 60th was it, to exhaust you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochafairiemonster (View Post)
I had my Peace Corps travel plans all mapped out before my guy even popped up on my radar and then he did and that was that
Did you ever feel like... this might be deep for the HSM board and feel free to not answer in a public forum if it is - but did you feel like it was a case of you giving away a part of yourself for him or anything like that? I don't know... I mean my best friend just got married and her whole set of life priorities has changed, her dream has been to teach in England for as long as I've known her and she's obsessed with Prague now she's pregnant and she said that she and the hubby will be perfectly content to never leave Australia and I was just like, really? Really truly? How can your whole set of life priorities just change like that?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

It was - it went on all night from quite early on and today has been busy too. I had my hair done, then babysitted an 8 month old and now I'm babysitting two kids. Meh.

But on a better subject, I love my hair style/colour
Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEyes♥ (View Post)
Did you ever feel like... this might be deep for the HSM board and feel free to not answer in a public forum if it is - but did you feel like it was a case of you giving away a part of yourself for him or anything like that? I don't know... I mean my best friend just got married and her whole set of life priorities has changed, her dream has been to teach in England for as long as I've known her and she's obsessed with Prague now she's pregnant and she said that she and the hubby will be perfectly content to never leave Australia and I was just like, really? Really truly? How can your whole set of life priorities just change like that?
Okay lets try this again without losing the post and see how well my recall works Hmm...I guess there is a bit of a trade off. If I told my friends and family "My deepest desire is to meet the love of my life, get married, have babies and raise a family" I would have been told I wasn't shooting high enough. So you bury things in the back of your heart never really expecting it to happen. I thought that I'd be working with Nurses Without Borders and wouldn't meet anyone until I was menopausal

Seriously though, true love and commitment changes you. You are giving away a part of yourself to that person but its with the understanding that they will treat it with your best interest at heart and its reciprocal. That may sound scary to you because it kinda is but life is full of risk and reward. Your friend is married and settling into being a family right now but people change their minds and life shattering things happen to change peoples lives. You just never know. In the rosy glow of being a newlywed she's probably speaking from a very content place right now. If those dreams are still in her heart later on in life and her husband knows of them they might change course and end up moving to the UK.

There's something to be said of building a life together. It's challenging, exhilirating and lovely sometimes all at the same time. I'm of the school of thought that you don't need to accomplish A, B or C in order to let yourself fall in love with someone who wants to share your life with you if they come along. Life doesn't really work that way anyway. I wasn't looking to get into a relationship. In fact I'd given up finding anyone and was getting my travel papers ready. My husband and I had an instant connection on so many levels that I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. Yet right now if I told him I wanted to do charity work overseas he'd check to see if it was logistically possible. I wouldn't ask that of him because we have responsibilities but we've talked about the future and the things we'd like to accomplish. A dream delayed isn't necessarily a dream deleted.

A good partner understands these things and doesn't stifle them but makes you better. I have no regrets and to me the risk is completely worth it because even though he's not perfect we're in this thing called life together. I know that he's my biggest fan and friend and I'm his. If you couldn't tell I'm a little less practical when it comes to love because I feel like part of love is a little wild and uncertain and I'm a roll with it kinda girl.

Wow, this is still long! And I'm still not sure if I answered your question Feel free to pick my brain any time though

Ayesha
Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like we could have massive D&Ms about all of what you said, Ayesha It does make sense... it feels removed from me and my reality but it nonetheless makes sense in a peculiar way. I've always enjoyed the notion of love finding you, love coming in unexpected ways - people who are out there actively trying to find Mr. Perfect will rarely stumble across him, he finds you when you least expect it or when your life is least prepared for it but if it is right then it is right and circumstances will accordingly evolve, I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereverYouAre_ (View Post)

But on a better subject, I love my hair style/colour
*coughcoughfanpicswannaseecoughcough*
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Loyal Fan

D&M discussion and missives, debates and movements? You're gonna have to tell me its kinda late here and I'm working at 45% brain power I realize my POV is not the norm. It's funny you should say you enjoy the notion of love finding you because I recall telling my roommate at the time "I give up! I'm not interested in dating I just want to graduate, travel and see where life takes me after that." and seriously the very next day up pops my guy. Universe works mysteriously...

Yes Tamy, new hair fan pics please?

Ayesha
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

FF is an ass

I only have a pic of me and my baby cousin and I don't like posting pics of me or the family
Old 02-02-2011, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Just popping to say hi.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Mel! Nice to see you over here!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Should I be afraid by your use of this smiley, Amber?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Noooo, course not.....
Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Don't make me get the smiley out again, miss!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

I suspect you'd do that anyway