Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
New Fan

Anyone think HSM ripped off FAME?

Has anyone ever seen Fame? It was a movie, then a TV show, then a live stage production, then a newer movie remake. The remake was totally feeding off of HSM's popularity, but I kind of think the original HSM was just an adaptation of the original Fame. Thoughts?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Firstly, welcome to and to the HSM board.

I don't think that High School Musical has ever claimed to be entirely original. In the promotions throughout High School Musical 1, they labelled themselves as being Grease meets Romeo and Juliet. They've always maintained that it isn't as though they are the original musical, rather it was a revival of that era of musicals that were popular in the 80s, such as Fame, as you point out.

I'm going to close this thread because I find the title a little abrasive and the discussion would be better received if held, for example, in our HSM General Appreciation thread. If you want to constructively discuss the parallels between High School Musical and other musical franchises feel free to do so in this thread.