Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Twilight References in Real Life

Have you heard any words or names used in Twilight in real life? If so, tell us about them!

I almost burst out laughing in my Pilates class a few weeks ago when I was asked if I knew about imprinting. I looked it up and found the following:

Quote:
1. Begin imprinting by lying on your back with your arms by your sides, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. You will be in neutral spine - allowing your spine to rest in its natural curves.

2. Now, relax:
* First, relax your shoulders. Let them release on to the floor.
* Relax your jaw and throat.
* Relax your shoulders and ribcage. Let the sternum drop and the back ribs move to the floor.
* Relax your abdominals. They settle toward the spine.
* Relax your spine. Let it get long and melt into the floor.
* Relax your hips and legs.
Use only as much energy as it takes to keep the knees up and the legs in alignment.

3. Next, "see" the imprint in your mind's eye.

Visualize your spine releasing on to the mat, lightly imprinting. You don't have to do anything with your muscles, just let it happen. As you relax, you can breathe deeply into the space opening up between your vertebrae.

This is a wonderful time to linger, and perhaps add some sequential breathing.

4. As you do the imprinting exercise, see if you can let your imprint be very even, so that it is balanced along your body. Imagine that if you were to get up, the print your body left would be perfectly balanced.

5. Do imprinting for at least 3 to 5 breaths.

For relaxation and stress reduction, do imprinting for five minutes or more.

From here

Oh and another example - we have a road near me called 'Carlisle Avenue'

Anyone else got any?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was in a car with my friend when a volkswagen passed by and he said, "I want that car... the volkswagen rabbit."

and i kid you, i almost got whiplash from how fast my head spun to stare. i kinda laughed a bit and muttered, "I know that car...." and he just stared at my awkward response.
La Tua Cantante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Passionate Fan

i have a road called victoria and according to me it isn't very safe..coincidence? , while on vacations i saw bella's car even the same color, i stood like and idiot watching the car until i realize i was being left behind so i had to go
Old 02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know that I have any concrete references, but I like to relate everything to Twilight. For example, I was having boundary issues with my best guy friend. And to myself, I was all like, gee, this is just how Bella feels, I don't wan tot be with him, but I'll let him keep trying etc.

And randomly when anyone mentions the name Jacob I stare lol
tu es mon ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Passionate Fan

may i add that i believe the world has a conspiracy against me...to remiend me every minute of everyday about twilight (not that i'm complaining but still), ok it may be nothing maybe i'm just being paranoid but the last few days everywhere i looks something related to twilight is there lets take this weekend, i open the newspaper and bam! there's an add about kristen's in the land of women movie...then i went to blockbuster and there was the messengers (i know blockbuster is obvious that you'll find yourself with movies) but the thing is that the movie came out like a year ago and just now they're putting it up and the last thing i can remember is that one of the movies i chose made a reference to 1918's Spanish influenza.

i know what you're thinking the girl's but i enjoy living like this so
Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Ale, you're not alone. In my history lessons I have difficulties to think about WWI instead of the Spanish Influenza which immediately comes to my mind when somebody mentions 1918.
Oh, and here I bring this over from the Alice thread - I had quite an encounter today with Twilight references :
Quote:
I met my personal Alice today. Well, at least from the looks.
Today in my Advanced Latin course our teacher brought a young woman with her and introduced her as an intern and seriously, that woman just looked like Alice. She was really tiny (she might've been even shorter than me... not sure about that but she seemed to be at least my height) and thin and very pixie-like. She even had considerably short hair (though it's blond). It was just so funny to watch her because she was so cute and I couldn't stop my internal awwing.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

On top of my regular job I also teach the professional courses (in my profession) in the evenings at local colleges. Since my Monday and Tuesday classes are held at the college which is a 30 min walk away from my work, I usually walk there. Last Tuesday when I got outside the sun was just about setting and my first thought was... It's twilight!
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

haha i so want to meet your alice!! and ale, your not crazy. or else we're all crazy too and you just match lol oo twilight, it is certainly the prettiest part of the day
tu es mon ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw a car number plate that said 'ARO' the other day and I almost screamed.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Jen - I would have flipped if I saw that

My parents friend, has a truck like Bella's and when ever I see it, It think of Bella puttering down the road in the old truck that won't move very fast

Or when I see a nice Volvo, I automatically "see" Edward in it
Is your spirit alive...
Kelli_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

The people that I babysit for are car people, and they have 7 cars.
And they have two Cullen cars!! They have Rosalie's red BMW convertible and a yellow Porsche 911 Turbo. When they came to get me and they were in that Porsche, my jaw dropped because I had never seen one before! I told them that the cars were in a book that I read.

Save the Johnny Depp Board
natalie8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread