Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless Night (View Post)
Word. Especially since she can be quite sarcastic. Like some other people I know
Like who!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonless Night (View Post)
Word. Especially since she can be quite sarcastic. Like some other people I know
Yup yup and I know some people like that too

Sometimes I wonder if the more interaction the fans have with SM, the more the fans love her or hate her. What I mean is a lot of fans adore SM and think she can do no wrong, but at other times, she says things in interviews that fans definitely aren't happy with and with time I feel like comments about SM on LJs, blogs, etc. have progressed from love to like to irritation and sometimes downright hate Do you guys know what I'm trying to say or am I speaking gibberish?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it all comes down to how people agree with what she has to say on twilight, since she's the one who has the ultimate control over everything
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

I think when you write a "triangle" (and the triangle was definitely purposely more intensified for the films) you automatically polarize a fanbase, and turn them against each other, and in some cases turn them against you, the author.

But I also think when you write something that affects people in a way that makes them react so emotionally, and intensely, you've really succeeded as a writer.
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

"triangle" (and the triangle was definitely purposely more intensified for the films) this i agree with you
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lets get some MS going.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

yeah somebody shoot shook SM up a little than maybe she would have the idea of finishing the book haha
Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

*shakes*
Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

yeah i think she needs a lot, A LOT, of shakes haha
Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

so lets all do it
Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

we would kill her HAHA im joking
Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

dont make threats
Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

i wish i could meet her
Old 01-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sm ?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Here's your chance Sil

Quote:
Stephenie Meyer to Host an International Fan Event for The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
Posted on 12. Jan, 2011

LITTLE, BROWN BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS
TO HOST AN INTIMATE GATHERING OF
TWILIGHT FANS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
TO MEET STEPHENIE MEYER
TWILIGHT INTERNATIONAL FAN EVENT
TO CELEBRATE UPCOMING RELEASE OF THE TWILIGHT SAGA: THE OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, a division of Hachette Book Group, will host a special International Fan Event, featuring Twilight fans from around the world. Ten fans will be chosen to have a once-in-a-lifetime intimate meeting with international bestselling author Stephenie Meyer. The event coincides with the upcoming release of The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide (April 12, 2011; $24.99).

Little, Brown is partnering with the Twilight Saga publishers in Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan and the United Kingdom to bring together each country’s respective Twilight fan. The fan selected from each country will receive an advance copy of The Official Illustrated Guide and get to talk extensively with Meyer, who will answer their Twilight-related questions.

“The one thing I miss most about my first book tour was the chance I had then to spend quality time with my readers,” said Meyer. “At an event with just ten or twenty people, I was able to get to know everyone a little bit. I could also more effectively answer each person’s questions. I’m so excited to have that opportunity again, and to get to spend time with fans from many different places and backgrounds.”

“We receive hundreds of travel requests for Stephenie from our foreign publishing partners every year,” said Megan Tingley, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. “Since it is physically impossible for one author to be in so many places, we thought this would be a great way to bring some fans to her.”

The Official Rules for the sweepstakes to select the fan from the United States (as well as one from Canada), including entry details and eligibility requirements, can be found on TheTwilightSaga.com.

Due to the intimate nature of this event, details regarding the location and timing are being kept confidential. Photos and additional details will be distributed upon the event’s conclusion.

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide provides readers with exclusive new material and everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. The Guide also includes character profiles, outtakes, a conversation with Meyer, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more. Originally announced as “The Official Guide,” The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide includes illustrations from several artists, including Young Kim, the illustrator behind the #1 New York Times bestselling Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1.

In five years, Stephenie Meyer has become a worldwide publishing phenomenon. The Twilight Saga’s translation rights have been sold in nearly 50 countries and 116 million copies have been sold worldwide.
emma » icon | tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread