Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
Thanks. Love that she went to the premiere. She's really doing a lot of promotion for this one. She hasn't done this much since Twilight I think. I'm glad. This is my favorite book so if she wasn't doing interviews and such I'd be pretty disappointed.
SM was definitely much more involved in every aspect of this movie in comparison to the previous films. Not only was she a producer, but she's doing more press and she even visited Tent City and handed out ~600 signed copies of BD to the fans who were camping out and took pics with every fan that wanted one
Old 12-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just picked up the book series. I started Twilight Friday night and I have just started Eclipse this morning! I absolutely love the story. Now I have not seen all the movies yet. I wanted to read New Moon before I saw it. Having seen Twilight and now read the first book I as thrilled to see that a good part of what was written was incorporated into the movie. One of my pet peeves is taking a book and bringing it to the screen and when you see the finished product there is very little that resembled the orignal story. I understand that SM was very involved in the process of the films. Kudos to her, after all it is her story and it should be told the way she wrote it. I hope to finish Eclipse in the next day or so then on to Breaking Dawn. What a world SM has brought to life. Thank you!!!!

Max❣️Liz
Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw welcome to the world of being a new Twilighter (once you're obessed with it like the rest of us then you'll graduate to being a Twi-hard )

Glad you like the books so far. Can't wait to hear more from you.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aw welcome to the world of being a new Twilighter (once you're obessed with it like the rest of us then you'll graduate to being a Twi-hard )

Glad you like the books so far. Can't wait to hear more from you.
Thanks Ron. And being new to the board I still feeling my way around. I would love to discuss the first book and hope there are threads still open where I can do that. I am sure I am not the only one who has just decided to read the series.

Max❣️Liz
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we do have a thread for the first one. Just go to the Board Guide (should be the first or 2nd or 3rd topped board) and there should be a list of all the board discussions we have going on here
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think we do have a thread for the first one. Just go to the Board Guide (should be the first or 2nd or 3rd topped board) and there should be a list of all the board discussions we have going on here
Thank you very much!!!

I will definitely do that...I am at work right now so I will have to check it out later.

Thanks again...

Max❣️Liz
Old 12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenღFruit (View Post)

SM was definitely much more involved in every aspect of this movie in comparison to the previous films. Not only was she a producer, but she's doing more press and she even visited Tent City and handed out ~600 signed copies of BD to the fans who were camping out and took pics with every fan that wanted one
I was one of the lucky people who got to meet Stephenie at Tent city. It was awesome to meet her again and finally get my photo with her! I guess 3rd times a charm. It was so cool! I love that woman!

She also loved my poster at the premiere. I said on my poster "Thank you Stephenie Meyer for offering me a dream" and I had my photo with her and the rest of the twilight cast members I have met over the years.

She looked at it and was shocked and was like that is so cool and wow you got that made so fast being I had gotten my photo with her that Saturday and the premiere was Monday.

I told her how she was an inspiration to me she was touched.

I got my inspiration for my poster from my favorite quote from Twilight

"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."

I thought it was fitting being it is the second to last movie and I am thankful for Stephenie Meyer for writing the books and changing my life in so many ways.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

We've all commented on how great SM has looked during the BD promo tour and MR also talked to the LA Times about SM's weight loss:

Quote:
'Breaking Dawn' screenwriter talks Stephenie Meyer's weight loss

"Twilight" book author Stephenie Meyer is adored by fans for the vampire romance phenomenon she penned, but for weeks the Ministry has been admiring her new figure.

In early November, the author showed up at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood for a handprint and footprint ceremony starring "Twilight Saga" trio Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner -- and wound up turning a few heads herself with a slimmed-down silhouette.

So how did she do it?

"Honestly, watching what she eats, and exercise," franchise screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg told us at Monday's "Breaking Dawn" premiere. "Diet and exercise. And she looks fantastic."

Based on the above photos, we'd have to agree (on the left, Meyer poses with Peter Facinelli at 2010's "Eclipse" premiere; on the right, she hugs Taylor Lautner at Monday night's after-party).

"You know, she had lost some weight when we filmed the wedding scene together," Rosenberg recalled of the on-screen matrimony of Stewart and Pattinson, "but then I saw her at the 'Breaking Dawn' junket and just thought, holy smoke."

Congrats, Stephenie.

'Breaking Dawn' screenwriter talks Stephenie Meyer's weight loss - latimes.com
Old 12-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

good for her wich is great
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. And seriously what a transformation. That's how it's done, just watching what you eat and excercise.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

She looks fantastic.

Peeta & Katniss
icon
Old 12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. And seriously what a transformation. That's how it's done, just watching what you eat and excercise.
yep
she has conditions to take care of her health so she simply did it
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

So happy and proud for her! You rock Stephenie! I am sure her kids and health played a role in the change. She looked amazing at the BD Premiere!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

I think everyone was surprised when they saw how great SM looked at the handprint ceremony and it seems like everyone is really happy for her so yay!