Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

New Moon movie discussion, Spoliers and speculations #2

As of this writing, New Moon, the second installment to the Twilight series has been rumored up to be filmed for a December 2009 release, probably stemming from a surprisingly wide anticipation of Twilight. The report is unofficial but I presume it likely.

Fang fans won’t have to wait long for more — the studio is already moving forward with the follow-up. Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg has signed on to pen “New Moon” and possible third installment “Eclipse,” and star Robert Pattinson said the “New Moon” script is ready to go.

“The script is already done for the second one,” he told the Seattle Times earlier this week, noting he’s signed on himself for two more movies.

The “Twilight” films stem from the popular four-part series of novels by Stephenie Meyer, which includes “Twilight,” “New Moon,” “Eclipse” and “Breaking Dawn.”

New Moon
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thank for the thread
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin' with a ghost (View Post)
thank for the thread
No prob
Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Thankies for the new thread, BB!

I guess I'm indifferent either way when it comes to the director and if Jacob is recast. Sure, it's kinda silly that they're going to get rid of Taylor for someone who is bigger and more built. Maybe they should have thought about all that beforehand? But really, all I care about is that the movie stays as close to the books as possible. Because quite frankly, that's what it's all about.

I read on the Twilight movie thread over on the movie board that they were thinking of nabbing Chris Weitz as the director and a Michael Copon for Jacob. Chris directed The Golden Compass and I haven't heard anything on Michael. Any thoughts?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we are all agreed Michael Copon cannot act. Even if he is hella hot

so i'd be against him being cast
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

They're replacing Jacob? I thought the actor who played Jacob did a nice job.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

unfortnatly he cant grow like 2 foot overnight though
Old 12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

You know, I was thinking, and if they really want to make this movie successful, they'll do whatever it takes. And that means taking a page out of Peter Jackson's book for when he was making LoTR and use forced perspective. It's honestly not that hard...that's how they made the Hobbits look so small, and there's a 3 to 4 foot difference there. Why can't they just do that and keep our poor Taylor?
Old 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes sense, i mean they have to make a whole pack of kids look like super tall.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

That would totally make sense. I have a feeling we need to have a little chat with Summit and let them know that they're not searching all of their options.

Seriously...all they'd have to do is put Bella and everyone else 2 feet behind them and voila! Talyor and the pack grows 2 feet overnight.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hehe your so right

its a lot cheeper then the CGI stuff tays agents pitching at them
Old 12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by never think (View Post)
You know, I was thinking, and if they really want to make this movie successful, they'll do whatever it takes. And that means taking a page out of Peter Jackson's book for when he was making LoTR and use forced perspective. It's honestly not that hard...that's how they made the Hobbits look so small, and there's a 3 to 4 foot difference there. Why can't they just do that and keep our poor Taylor?
I love that idea.

Because it is not only Taylor that has to look like giants.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

^ Exactly.

And you're right, Rita, it would be less expensive. They just need to know how to do it well.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by never think (View Post)

I guess I'm indifferent either way when it comes to the director and if Jacob is recast. Sure, it's kinda silly that they're going to get rid of Taylor for someone who is bigger and more built. Maybe they should have thought about all that beforehand? But really, all I care about is that the movie stays as close to the books as possible. Because quite frankly, that's what it's all about.
I do feel that to complete Jacob they're going to need that person to seem the part in physical aspects as well as talent but seeing the potential this movie would have I agree with you that they should have considered that before b/c I like Taylor.

Also I agree that NM needs to stay as true to the book b/c it's imo the most serious/ intense followed by Eclipse in terms of Edward, Bella and Jacob. Edward needs to not be there when he's gone - she can remember him (or stop herself as she does in the book) and when they reunite we can see Edward pov when they were separated when they reconnect through his flashbacks or something. I also want this one to be less comedic - that can come back in Eclipse imo

thanks for the new thread
Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

How about the actors who played Jacob's pack in Twilight--anyone know if they fit the criteria?

Hmm, I do agree that I wish they had seen this Jacob/Taylor issue before they are going to recast. I was saying that when Taylor was cast that they made a deicison and should stick with it even if they were wrong..doing it now totally should have made them see they had to consider recasting carefully.

So was NM supposed to be all about special effects then and the plot would've been lamer? I read that on the previous thread. Also, no more filming in WA or OR?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread