Master Fan

yeah i didnt feel the bad assness of it all either
Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Underwhelmed is basically the sentiment
Old 12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
I had to take almost 4 years after undergrad just to recover so I feel you, bb.

See, that was through me. They really played up Aro as demented and you didn't know what to expect from him. I always thought he was more subtle in the books but, again, it was fine for me. I agree with Rita, though, they didn't give off that, "We'll destroy anyone who messes with us," vibe.
I'd love to take some time off after undergrad, but my parents are under the impression that if you take time off you'll never go back to school

Aro was definitely more subtle in the books and I agree about the lack of badass vibes from the Volturi. They looked somewhat fierce in the promo pics, but in the actual movie it didn't come across.

I was so irritated by all the things being said that we couldn't understand It was like Jake saying "Bella, blah blah quileute quileute" and Aro was all like "latin latin latin" (I think it was latin...I can't remember )

Ok I gotta go. Bye Beth, Rita, Evie!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin' with a ghost (View Post)
Underwhelmed is basically the sentiment
This.

Actually, that could be the movie's tagline.

Quote:
I'd love to take some time off after undergrad, but my parents are under the impression that if you take time off you'll never go back to school
I want to say your parents are 100% wrong but...I can't. Actually, I'm the kind of person who make parents think stuff like that.

I am going to head out too. I have to cook myself dinner.
:group_hugs: Have a good night/weekend, girls.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

bye guys have great weekends

love the tagline
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

k im out.. bye rita
Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
i wonder if its even worth me getting the dvd for my bday again, my twilight dvd is STILL in its plastic wrapper, is that some kind of record?

I got you beat, Will & Grace season 3, still wrapped. I can't even remember how long ago that was released on DVD.

You are all moving this thread so fast for me but I wanted to respond to:
Quote:
Well to say i found the JB stuff in the book dull is an understatement, in the movie i was texting in some of their scenes I was so bored. It was slow, about 20 minutes into their scenes I was thinking "its got to be italy soon right" but no, there was another hour of them not getting anywhere. I would have encouraged some editing, no one should have to sit through that level of monotomy just to rush through the ending, the climax is the most important part of a movie and she just butchered everything.
I can't see where it could have been edited. It was already condensed as much has it could have been, for me. Any more and I feel it would have disrupted the mood and the development.

Personally, what I wanted was 20-30 minutes more at the end of EB . Yes I said 20-30 minutes longer. I wanted Edward to explain himself with more depth, Bella's epiphany and a better proposal, to balance with the JB we were given

But that's just me

Overall, I was happy with the way NM came out. After seeing it the second time I reread the book and thought it was a good adaptation. Also Kristen's acting improved. I found her tone of voice to have more expression than in Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
I think they could have worked with just one but that one would have to have the keen eye and mind of both a writer and an editor because whoever was left to edit that novel just...well, didn't do the best job of it IMO. There is just sooooo much in that book and turning that into a film is going to be quite a conundrum.
That's is true. If they can find a screenwriter who can do both then you only need the one.

I like Melissa's humorous parts of the script, like the stuff with Charlie and the humans. If they keep Melissa they just need to bring someone on who can do justice to the serious key (whether they are EB or JB) moments of BD.
Or they could get a writer who can do both the funny and serious well.

RE: Volturi
I loved Aro. The other two I was indifferent too. They just sat there.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Rob disappointed me in his acting.. cept for the italy parts.
How else do you want him to play a broody vamp who only has one type of emotion to work with?? I think Rob was great in his playing of movie Edward. He did amazing with the craptastic writing he was given!

I know I have said this time and time again but MR really needs to re-read the books, because movie Edward is NOTHING like book Edward! Book Edward can be playful and light aswell. All we get to see is him brood and pout in the movies, it is absolutely ridiculous!

The humans in the movie were more entertaining then the three main characters. Melissa needs to priortize more appropiately! The E/B moments were fail and lacked any depth whatsever, and she has completely destroyed Edward's character!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think its safe to say that most of us agree that MR isnt fitting the shoes she needs to
Old 12-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Rob (like obviously) but even I was dissapointed with his scenes, its probably because he was given nothing to work with but he was given hardly anything and was still awesome in Twilight. The entire break up scene for example was a snooze, I didn't feel like Edward (sorry Bob ) was anguished or doing a very good job at lying to bella. It was just like "oh ok they broke up"... He's still doing better then Kristen in my book but thats not really saying much
Old 12-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I love Rob to, but that is not why I am saying this. I thought he did really well at the anguish for the break-up scene, but when you have horrible dialogue and Kristen (btw, I am a fan of Kristen's), who I believe did such a piss poor job in that part, it has got to be hard for him to give and just not get anything in return. The scene was supposed to be powerful and moving and it just wasn't.

I believe that Rob is still growing and expanding his creativity out in the world of acting and to me he just gets better and better, but I thought he played Edward really well. I can understand why some people don't though, but to me that is just the product of a horribly written script and some awkward chem

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 12-19-2009 at 03:50 AM
Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its not like he was terrible but there was a notable difference between his peformance in twilight and new moon, it was so much more stilted, and i dont think the script was any worse and IMO kristen is the same level as flat as always so I was a bit suprised to find him so wooden, specially when you consider its his favourite of the books, maybe it was the direction though all the focas seemed to have been put on jacob and he wasn't sure what his role really was.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was almost like they doped Rob up before his scenes everyday. There was just this vacancy behind his words and his eyes.

Then again, "vacancy" was almost like a theme in that movie because so much of it was just...surface. Absolutely no subtext. I know that SM didn't write a lot of subtext, and I'm sure MR didn't, but actors are not two-dimensional. They can take most things and run with them. I didn't get a lot of that, thus the movie seemed just..vapid.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

exactly, so much of the books and i guess therefore the movie is about the subtext and it was compleatly emotionless because they seemed to just ignore the bubbling hidden emotions and motivations of the characters. And anytime the scene was emotional it turned into a soap opera and felt fake and forced.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. The whole film felt like it was undermining the intelligence of the average viewer. Now, I won't comment on the general audience (because I hate basing an opinion on an assumption based on a stereotype) but if TPTB think that all people want to see in these films is a mindless interpretation of the books, flashy effects, and guys running around with their shirts off....well, then I think they have missed the mark entirely. I think the love stories are what even younger readers crave and, yes, they are in it for the actors because they're attractive but...you almost want to believe that an audience needs more.