Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Supreme Fan

New Moon Book Discussion #1 - Because it was heartbreaking

Discuss the second book here

Summary:

"Shoot," I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.

It all happened very quickly then.

Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...

I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow.

Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm—into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Last edited by little_earthquake; 01-31-2008 at 09:20 AM
little_earthquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

New Moon is my favourite because we see Bella & Jacob's friendship blossom
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Supreme Fan

i love the end actually

the minute alice turns up i wasnt able to shut the book down

and bella saving edward. i loved it
Old 01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

This is my fave book, which everybody thinks it's weird because I am a huge Edward/Bella fan. I love the psychology behind it, the hearing voices and the whole in her chest. I also love how there's the mistery as though why Edward left, because I never believed for a second he left because he didn't love her anymore.

And ofcourse Bella saving Edward in the end
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

This is my least favorite out of the books so far, but it has my favorite scene; Bella's epiphany. I just love it when she realizes just how much Edward loves her.

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Supreme Fan

i had tears in my eyes when he left her

i couldnt bring myself to re-reding that scene yet. . it hurts so much to feel the pain of both *sniff*.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

This book was so good, but it was so sad as well. I loved Jacob in this book...til the end anyway when he was so angry. But for most of it, I loved him for making Bella laugh but I missed Edward so so much. I was beyond relieved when Alice came back and that whole part got into full swing.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenxDoll (View Post)
the hearing voices and the whole in her chest. I also love how there's the mistery as though why Edward left, because I never believed for a second he left because he didn't love her anymore.

And ofcourse Bella saving Edward in the end
I was sure that there was some kind of psychic link between them, that somehow he was monitoring her and stepping in when he thought it absolutely necessary. I was surprised when Edward denied any knowledge of it.

I liked when Alice came back too. Loved seeing that she genuinely cared for Bella as a friend.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

New Moon is my fav book of all three! ...which is weird because im an edward fan

I liked all the angst
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
New Moon is my favourite because we see Bella & Jacob's friendship blossom
Oh yeah... Their interaction in New Moon is awsome.

I loved this book. I love how Bella was destroied, she had no want to live anymore... and then she finds Jake, and suddenly find a friend, someone with whom she can actually be with and be herself, someone who'll always be there for her... and even thought she knows he has more than friendly feelings for her and she don't want him thinking he has a chance, Bella herself don't know if she's ready to let him go and try to be with someone else.

When Alice comes back and Jake and Bella are in the kitchin and almost kiss one of my favourite scenes ofall three books!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I was sure that there was some kind of psychic link between them, that somehow he was monitoring her and stepping in when he thought it absolutely necessary. I was surprised when Edward denied any knowledge of it.

I liked when Alice came back too. Loved seeing that she genuinely cared for Bella as a friend.
Hmm, I'm still not sure if he had anything to do with it. And if he had, if he even knows it. Like it's something unconcious, that he wasn't even aware of. I think we'll never know, unless Stephenie makes a book for Edward's pov for New Moon.

I absolutely adore when Alice comes back. Eventhough she was thirsty she just jumped on a plane when she saw what Bella might do. And I also love it when Charlie and Alice talk about after they left. It was so heartbreaking to hear it from his pov.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmm, I'm still not sure if he had anything to do with it. And if he had, if he even knows it. Like it's something unconcious, that he wasn't even aware of.
I second that.

Quote:
And I also love it when Charlie and Alice talk about after they left.
I love how Charlie and Alice interact. It's like Charlie's in love with her although she is only 17 (to him ^^). They're cute. Not the in-love-cute but somehow absolutely getting-along-cute. I hope this wasn't too confusing now.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
When Alice comes back and Jake and Bella are in the kitchin and almost kiss one of my favourite scenes ofall three books!
oh man i was glad it didnt happen. i did understand why she thought about taking 'paris', having no evidence that 'romeo' might come back but i was GLAD that edward called exact this moment to stop jake from kissing her.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

The first 2 times I read NM I felt like it was dragging on. I really only started to appreciate it for what it was (and SM's need to write this story) after the 3rd time.

I, too, always thought that B/E had a psychic connection and was quite surprised to hear that it was all in Bella's head.
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love how Charlie and Alice interact. It's like Charlie's in love with her although she is only 17 (to him ^^). They're cute. Not the in-love-cute but somehow absolutely getting-along-cute. I hope this wasn't too confusing now.
Not confusing at all I agree, their little bond together is so cute
Reply   Post New Thread