Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

I personally want the banner of them in bed together on the front post. So that gets my post. Michelle posted it on the page before.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I'm gonna remove the ll banner then. I love the bed banner too. I hope no one destroys me.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

I like that banner. Maybe replace one of the manips at the bottom? I wouldn't mind that. Everyone else okay?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am okay with it!

Love this title!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I like that banner, too. And I agree with Amanda.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Yo, S'up?

~Wendy
Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

'Sup Wendy.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyway, I don't understand, if it's a really good banner from another place, why can't we use it?
I'm not demanding anything it was just a suggestion - there are really fabulous things from the artists here and it's more personal to represent us if we made the stuff. I'm just saying that if someone from here makes a banner/art - it should be put in the OP above banners/art from elsewhere and we can always link to other stuff people like.

So many artists here have made great Edward/Bella stuff already and they're bound to make more!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for a new thread!

About the OP I personally can't choose. I think they are all lovely and I also personally don't think that there is anything wrong with more than one OP. I would hope that when we get to a 50th or 100th thread that we would make a really big opening for it at least for the milestone numbers like those.

I also agree I think they will have music score and regular music too. I would love it if they had a music score representing the time era that each of the characters came from as their sort of theme music as well as regular songs from that era too, but I don't really think they will do that.

Be warned this is a long Post

I decided that I would put my thoughts and things I observe about the books by each chapter as I start re-reading them since I never really put my thoughts about the books up before anywhere. I just finished the Preface and Chapter One: First Sight.

Preface

I like how Stehpenie puts something that hasn’t happen yet in the preface; it takes you in and makes you want to know how it got there. It also has one of my favorite quotes from the book.

“When Life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end”

If I didn’t know there was going to be other books following this one the dire situation that Bella was in could have stressed me out a bit. I might have read the end of the book just in case, but because I knew she wouldn’t die I wasn’t worried about it just intrigued about how she got herself in that place in the first place.

Chapter One: First Sight

These are the things I noticed about this chapter.

1. Bella took notice of the Volvo when she came to Forks High School.
2. She said to herself as she was calming herself about the new school that “No one was going to bite me” which I found very funny because of the irony of that thought.
3. Bella seems to love old things because she loved the car she was given by Charlie.
4. When she left for Forks she had already said her goodbyes to the sun.

I know Edward was hostel towards Bella, but man he was acting really out there wasn’t he. I know that I would have acted the same way as Bella if he was like that to me. Also after I read Midnight Sun and now as I read this chapter again I’ve looked at it a little differently. Bella is very observant about the Cullen’s especially Edward. The small things that Edward didn’t think anyone would have noticed him do except his family she did see. Bella saw that his lips were moving fast and felt that although they were not looking at each other that they were having a conversation. She also saw the slight pull of his checks as if he was smiling when Jessica thought Edward didn’t think the girls here were good enough for him. We know from the first chapter of Midnight Sun that he was smiling about the whole thing. All these things are things that he was use to people not noticing at all.

The impression I got from Bella as a character was a shy self conscious girl. She doesn’t like attention and she also doesn’t like it when people are trying to helpful or kind to her. You can tell she likes to do things all herself. I’ll admit as funny as it was about Edward and his rejection of the girls at the school I though it was kind of snotty of Bella to think it was funny. I wonder what she would have done if Edward had acted that way to her instead of being intrigued by her. She seems just as upset and hurt when he treated her like the plague too, at the beginning. She even said herself that maybe Jessica wasn’t over acting about his rejection of her, than again he had treated her a whole lot differently even for Forks standards. We of course know why. I hope I’m not coming off as a person who dislikes Bella. I love her. If someone else has thoughts about this I would love to hear it. It’s always good to hear others points of view maybe I will think differently about it. Of course since reading Midnight Sun hearing the thoughts of Jessica and some of the other girls you know that they were only doing any kindness to her to get attention and because she was the new cool thing that had come to town. I knew the girls were not really her friends, but I never knew that their thoughts and feelings were that mean and cruel. I thought it was ironic that Bella had already put herself as a freak along with the Cullen’s. She was different even from where she had come from and where she is right now.

ETA: I also had to add that it was very interesting that from Midnight Sun that Edward was trying so hard not to attack Bella that his grip on the desk was to much that he left a hand print on it than he later broke it off and turned it to dust so there wasn't any evidence. Also it's really amazing how Edward's feeling went from one end to the other for her through the book. I can't wait until we get Midnight Sun. It's going to be really good.

Here is another quote I quiet like. Poor girl no one understood her sarcasm.

“You don’t look very tan” – Mike
“My mother is part albino” – Bella

Also something I liked which funny enough came from Mike too when Bella wondered if the way Edward Cullen acted was normal.

“So, did you stab Edward Cullen with a pencil or what? I never seen him act like that.”

So, now we know and so does Bella that even by normal a standard that wasn’t how he usually acted. I don’t know I would be self conscious too about it.

Here some questions:

1) How would you have act or felt if Edward Cullen acted the way he had towards Bella?
2) Have you ever had to live somewhere that you didn’t like?
3) Are you a small town girl or a city girl? A sun loving person or a rainy person?

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 03-03-2008 at 06:07 PM
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From that, I would've thought Edward was gay if it were me

He doesn't date girls, he didn't want to be near Bella...
Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Hey Jade

~Wendy
Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
From that, I would've thought Edward was gay if it were me

He doesn't date girls, he didn't want to be near Bella...

And he dresses very well.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySmile (View Post)

And he dresses very well.
That too!

You guys have to see this! It's so amazing!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

That's amazing. Seriously gorgeous. Even though it's drawn, it almost looks real.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Stop making fun of Edward!

Ooh, cool picture.