Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Kate/Garrett Appreciation Thread #1: They fell hard for each other, like we did!

The Garrett & Kate Appreciation Thread

credit: McAwesome

credit:Firecracker

Fans:
McAwesome {Bekka}
DirtyCookie {Kasia}
Serenachan {Serena}
EmptySmile {Jade}
Ghost.Of.You
Haebrethilien {Kate}
Firecracker {Kirsty}
lakers0604{Sheila}
twilight15 {Michael}
HaleyBub {Cibele}
loveloveme
Lorelai Evans Danes {Aline}
fading hope
Lôwrane
funfuzgirlstalkermagnet
brathanfan27
LoVe-Story

credit:Firecracker

Quotes:
He [Garrett] fell in quickly with the Denali sisters, asking endless questions about their unusual lifestyle. I wondered if vegetarianism was another challenge he would try, just to see if he could do it.
Pag. 611

I ground my teeth together, struggling to fouce the shield out to Garrett, who was closest to Kate.
PAG. 623

"Kate" Garrett called as the others murmured and drifted slighly away, disturbed by the moment of blindness; [...] The tall, sandy-haired Garrett was the only non-gifted immortal who seemed drawn to my practice sessions. I wondered what the lure was for the adventurer.
"I wouldn't, Garrett" Edward cautioned.
Garrett continued toward Kate despite the warning, his lips pursed in speculation. "They say you can put a vampire flat on his back."
"Yes" she agreed. Then, with a sly smile, she wiggled her fingers playfully at him. "Curious?"
Garrett shrugged. "That's something I've never seen. Seems like it might be something of an exaggeration..."
"Maybe," Kate said, her face suddenly serious. "Maybe it only works on the weak or the young. I'm not sure. You look strong, though. Perhaps you could withstand my gift." She stretched her hand out to my, palm up - a clear invitation. Her lips twitched, and I was pretty sure her grave expression was an attempt to hustle him.
Garrett grinned at the challenge. Very confidently, he touched her palm with his index finger.
And then, with a loud gasp, his knees buckled and he keeled over backward. His head hit a piece of granite with a sharp cracking noise. It was shocking to watch. My istincts recoiled against seeing an immortal incapacitated this way; it was profoundly wrong.
"I told you so." Edward muttered.
Garrett's eyelids trembled for a few seconds, and then his eyes opened wide. He stared up at the smirking Kate, and a wondering smile lit his face.
"Wow," he said.
"Did you enjoy that?" she asked skeptically.
"I'm not crazy," he laughed, shaking his head as he got slowly to his knees, "but that was sure something!"
"That's what I hear."
Edward rolled his eyes.
PAG. 624-625

Only Kate and Garrett were in the front room, arguing playfully about the nutritional value of animal blood. I inferred that Garrett had attempted a hunting trip vegetarian-style and found it difficult.
PAG.671

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming," Garrett muttered mysteriously to himself and then chuckled once. He slid once step closer to Kate.
PAG.680

Garrett flung himself at her [Kate], knocking her to the ground again. He bound his arms around her, locking his hands around his own wrists. I saw his body spasm as she shocked him. His eyes rolled back in his head, but his hold did not break.
PAG.709

I pulled my shield even thigher around the sparks of my friends, peeling it back carefully from Kate while trying to keep it around Garrett, making it a thin skin around them.
And then Garrett was in command of himself again, holding Kate to the snow.
"If I let you up, will you knock me down again, Katie?" he whispered.
She snarled in response, still trashing blindly.
PAG.709

Kate was finally still. Carlisle and Garrett continued to console the sisters with words too urgent to sound like comfort.
PAG.710

And Garrett freed Kate to take a step forward, ignoring Kate's hand as she tried to caution him this time.
PAG.715

"If we live through this," Garrett whispered to Kate, "I'll follow you anywhere, woman."
"Now he tells me," she muttered.
PAG.724

Garrett picked Kate up off the ground and swung her around in a circle.
PAG.740

The Denalis were the last to leave, Garrett with them - as he would be from now on, I was fairly sure.
PAG.744

Reasons Why We Love Them:
1. Because he will follow her anywhere
2. Because feeding on animals is going to be hard for him. But he would change for her.
3. Because when noone else could stop her, he did.
4. Because they were so obvious
5. Because she put him flat on his back.
6. Because he wanted her to electrocute him.
7. Because better late than never.
Where you are going will be better

Last edited by McAwesome; 08-29-2008 at 04:56 PM
Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

add me add me

oh i was sooo waiting for them to finally happen from the moment he looked at her there was something
Old 08-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me please I have a txt file of all their moments, if you want I can post it

What actors do you think would be good G/K? I'm building the fanlisting, so I need good pictures for the layout
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 08-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree with you totally Kasia

added you guys

Serenachan whats your name? So I can put it next to your name, that is if you don't mind

& yes please post it, not sure who I want as the actors for them, I do have a good picture in my head though *going to search*

So what do you guys think of Brittany Snow or Niomi Watts as Kate & Brandon Routh as Garrett, I know in the book he has long sandy hair, but I don't see him like that, I sort of see him like a mirror image of Emmet...

Last edited by McAwesome; 08-19-2008 at 06:26 AM
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Can I be added?

I like them! I'm so ashamed, but I can't really remember the description for Garrett.. And I don't have my book How was he described?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Oh oh, could I be added, too please?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

My name is Serena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySmile (View Post)
I'm so ashamed, but I can't really remember the description for Garrett.. And I don't have my book How was he described?
Very tall with long sandy hair Uhm, does someone remember Kate's description? I'm thinking blonde, but I'm not sure.
How about that guy from Friday Night Lights, Taylor whatever?

Oh, K/G moments if you want to add them to the OP

Quote:
He [Garrett] fell in quickly with the Denali sisters, asking endless questions about their unusual lifestyle. I wondered if vegetarianism was another challenge he would try, just to see if he could do it.
Pag. 611

I ground my teeth together, struggling to fouce the shield out to Garrett, who was closest to Kate.
PAG. 623

"Kate" Garrett called as the others murmured and drifted slighly away, disturbed by the moment of blindness; [...] The tall, sandy-haired Garrett was the only non-gifted immortal who seemed drawn to my practice sessions. I wondered what the lure was for the adventurer.
"I wouldn't, Garrett" Edward cautioned.
Garrett continued toward Kate despite the warning, his lips pursed in speculation. "They say you can put a vampire flat on his back."
"Yes" she agreed. Then, with a sly smile, she wiggled her fingers playfully at him. "Curious?"
Garrett shrugged. "That's something I've never seen. Seems like it might be something of an exaggeration..."
"Maybe," Kate said, her face suddenly serious. "Maybe it only works on the weak or the young. I'm not sure. You look strong, though. Perhaps you could withstand my gift." She stretched her hand out to my, palm up - a clear invitation. Her lips twitched, and I was pretty sure her grave expression was an attempt to hustle him.
Garrett grinned at the challenge. Very confidently, he touched her palm with his index finger.
And then, with a loud gasp, his knees buckled and he keeled over backward. His head hit a piece of granite with a sharp cracking noise. It was shocking to watch. My istincts recoiled against seeing an immortal incapacitated this way; it was profoundly wrong.
"I told you so." Edward muttered.
Garrett's eyelids trembled for a few seconds, and then his eyes opened wide. He stared up at the smirking Kate, and a wondering smile lit his face.
"Wow," he said.
"Did you enjoy that?" she asked skeptically.
"I'm not crazy," he laughed, shaking his head as he got slowly to his knees, "but that was sure something!"
"That's what I hear."
Edward rolled his eyes.
PAG. 624-625

Only Kate and Garrett were in the front room, arguing playfully about the nutritional value of animal blood. I inferred that Garrett had attempted a hunting trip vegetarian-style and found it difficult.
PAG.671

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming," Garrett muttered mysteriously to himself and then chuckled once. He slid once step closer to Kate.
PAG.680

Garrett flung himself at her [Kate], knocking her to the ground again. He bound his arms around her, locking his hands around his own wrists. I saw his body spasm as she shocked him. His eyes rolled back in his head, but his hold did not break.
PAG.709

I pulled my shield even thigher around the sparks of my friends, peeling it back carefully from Kate while trying to keep it around Garrett, making it a thin skin around them.
And then Garrett was in command of himself again, holding Kate to the snow.
"If I let you up, will you knock me down again, Katie?" he whispered.
She snarled in response, still trashing blindly.
PAG.709

Kate was finally still. Carlisle and Garrett continued to console the sisters with words too urgent to sound like comfort.
PAG.710

And Garrett freed Kate to take a step forward, ignoring Kate's hand as she tried to caution him this time.
PAG.715

"If we live through this," Garrett whispered to Kate, "I'll follow you anywhere, woman."
"Now he tells me," she muttered.
PAG.724

Garrett picked Kate up off the ground and swung her around in a circle.
PAG.740

The Denalis were the last to leave, Garrett with them - as he would be from now on, I was fairly sure.
PAG.744
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Cuteness!! I adore these two.

Add me, please!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Supreme Fan

I added everyone

Serena, I as well added that to the OP, thanks

I just think they were sooooo freakin cute. We should put reasons why we love them, any suggestions?

Jade Garrett is described with sandy long hair that he tied back with a leather throng (or however you say it ) But I just didn't see him like that.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

yes the Kate/Garrett love continues!!! Could I be added to the list please, my real name is Kirsty.

Here's two wallpapers I made, hope you like them...

Emilie De Ravin/kate. Josh Holloway/Garrett...

Textures: Ugly Business, Radience. Images: Emilie Online, Josh Holloway italia. Text: Breaking Dawn.

and my first attempt at using a larger base, hope you like...

Not swallowed in the sea:

Textures: Obsession of the moment, Ugly Business, Radience. Images: Emilie Online, Josh Holloway italia. Text: coldplay- swallowed in the sea.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added Please?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

May I be added?
I love those pictures!!
Especially the second one!!

Scrubs: October 2, 2001 - May 6, 2009
End of an Era
Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

The pics are amazing.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

ADD ME! (I'm Cibele) God, those two. There were sparks flying everywhere around them, for serious.

Quote:
How about that guy from Friday Night Lights, Taylor whatever?
Kitsch! *is dead* Yes, please?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I know!
Sparks flew!
I wish I could read more on them

Scrubs: October 2, 2001 - May 6, 2009
End of an Era
Closed Thread   Post New Thread