Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
I made this banner a while ago, it's not really good but I thought I could post it here anyway

it certainly doesnt bother me lol *wink* nice banner. i love jake so much!!! i will hug him the longest!!! i also agree with you, daritah. i love the fact that he does do whatever bella doesnt want him to do, he makes his own decisions. i find bella and edward a bit boring and well, unrealistic in the fact that they just do whatever the other says. they're too pleasing. no real relationship is like that. like jake does his thing, and bella can do whatever the hell she wants in his opinion. he allows alot more freedom for her. but in no way does that mean he isnt any less protective either. i reckon he could easily rival edward. and he loves her just as much. so so much. sigh, hes so beautiful! stupid girl, ill have him

DreamWalker: I don't get the hate. But, hey, there's less people we have to share with.

I loved this statement. I dont understand it either. he is such a genuine and beautiful person. people seem to forget he is 17 and acts like a 17 yr old. its not his fault edward has had 100 more years than him to learn the tricks of the trade. but as stephenie meyer says :

I noticed a disturbing trend various places on-line people are ascribing the most nefarious motives to Jacob Black, insisting he has some kind of dark agenda. Some of this is due, in my opinion, to a heavy general bias in favor of vampires over werewolves. But some of it must be my fault. Apparently Jacob's intentions are not as clear to the reader as they are to me.

The piece she wrote is on her website in jakes POV

but theres something wrong with everyone else if they hate him!

they dont get it

which means we're just extra clever

Last edited by tu es mon ame; 02-01-2008 at 05:22 AM
Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
he allows alot more freedom for her. but in no way does that mean he isnt any less protective either.
Oh yeah! He's just more carefree in the everyday life... he's a boy! He acts like one. When he has ot be protective, he can be, but if it's not needed, he just let go and have fun.

Quote:
I noticed a disturbing trend various places on-line people are ascribing the most nefarious motives to Jacob Black, insisting he has some kind of dark agenda. Some of this is due, in my opinion, to a heavy general bias in favor of vampires over werewolves. But some of it must be my fault. Apparently Jacob's intentions are not as clear to the reader as they are to me.
Can I just say that I love the fact that she gets online adn actually see what we think? I love that

And she's rigth... for those avid EB shippers, is easy to say Jake was being a mean boy or that he has some other plans... but, if you really see it, since New Moon, all he's done is care for Bella. And now, Edward's back and he's so in love with her, he's gonna do stupid things. But it's never because he wants to, it's because he cares too much for her. And he's just scared that not even the friendship is going to be possible... he knows it's hard, but he wants at least that.

I never saw any hidden agenda with Jacob and his actions, really.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

no, you're so right. no hidden agenda at all! it was always right in front of her. bella just didnt want to see it. he just wanted her to realise that she loved him. i think he did her a big favour in eclipse by making her realise that. like he said. better you work it out now, then when your a vampire and cant change a thing.

i also love that stephenie cares what we think, she also reads our fanfics too lol shes such a dedicated person!

he never tries to get in the way deliberately. i agree with you on that too! i also think part of it is he's age and the fact that he's not used to sharing lol he had bella all to himself for like a year, now she's run back to edward, and he goes hey! whats going on?

he always wants whats best for her, and in the case of getting the way of e/b's r/ship. that is what he thinks is best for her. and hes right too. i dont mind e/b together, its nice. but jake is definitely better for her. much healthier. noone should be so dependent on any one person, it not healthy physically, emotionally, socially or psychologically. and heroins illegal

ah jake, we still love you!!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey all, I am Nicole! May I be added to the list? Jacob is my favorite character!

and in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,

and your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Welcome here Nicole

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Nicole! Just jump in the conversation

Quote:
he just wanted her to realise that she loved him. i think he did her a big favour in eclipse by making her realise that
Exactly. He wanted her to have all the fact sorted out before she made her decision, and even when he did, when he knew she'd be going with Edward, he was stil there and her friend and they had that heartbreaking conversation in his room... and through all of this, he was her friend. Nothing more,..

Quote:
and heroins illegal
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm a hardcore Jacob/Bella shipper but I know, as much as I wish it wasn't, that Bella and Edward will end up together. It's disappointing. In my opinion, Stephanie is changing Bella to fit with Edward instead of keeping her as she was and letting Bella be with someone she could fit with as she is.

Bella's feelings are always so jumpy, at times she clearly refers to wanting to be with Jacob (atleast it seems like it to me) but once Jacob does anything she is all "I'm with Edward *smack*".

It's soo confusing.

I don't see how anyone can think Jacob has a hidden agenda. He hasn't done anything really sketchy that would make the readers assume that he has a hidden agenda. Is it really that hard to grasp that maybe Jacob genuinelly cares about Bella?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

That's a great banner, Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Well, there's a line to get to him
There's a line? I guess I'll let every whose been a fan longer go in front of me. Just don't take too long, I want to get my chance too
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
That's a great banner, Melanie
Thanks

The thing I realized with Jacob is that he is so easy to love, at least for me I mean first I like him right away in Twilight, I didn't pay much attention at him because he wasn't much into the first book but still when he was there in that scene with Bella I liked him and I was even glad to see him back towards the end of Twilight (on the dance floor I think it was lol). And then when I started to read New Moon I knew Edward was going to leave for a while and I was thinking that it really suck, I wanted him there and didn't want to have Bella alone, hurt and sad.. but then suddenly that big boy came into the view and I really wasn't expecting to fall for him that easily but I couldn't help it, he was so cute with his obvious crush on Bella (when his two friends keep making some kind of joke about them at the beginning lol) and he was such a sweet, nice, fun guy to be around. He was happy to see Bella, she was happy to see him and he was there to help her, making her laugh and just being that great guy while he was still a teenager with the good and bad that it can bring.
Anyway, I'm really glad we get to know him more in New Moon, it really is a great character and even if we don't actually get to see this since it's a book, you gotta love the guy's grin I just can picture it in my head everytime I read that in those books

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All

Last edited by Black mamba; 02-01-2008 at 10:14 AM
Old 02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Hee. You'll get your turn, no worries

Quote:
Is it really that hard to grasp that maybe Jacob genuinelly cares about Bella?
Well, sometimes your opnion gets totally bias because of a character or ship you like better than the other one. It happens... I don't see it either, but wel, you can't convince them all right? As long as no one bad mouth Jake to me, I'm good

Mel, I just totally and completely agree with you! Which is no surpirse, but you left me with nothing else to add to that

Last edited by daritah; 02-01-2008 at 10:24 AM
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Mel, I just totally and completely agree with you! Which is no surpirse, but you left me with nothing else to add to that
Ahah lol Well, I'm glad you agree, as my twin it is normal

Jacob is just that's all

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just noticed the title says 'Team Werewolf WTF!'. I think it's supposed to be FTW

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

The other around could go as well

Yes, Jacob is just pure love.... I wish I could find a Jacob for me in real life!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Nice banner Melsie.

Quote:
Can I just say that I love the fact that she gets online adn actually see what we think? I love that
I love that about Stephenie too.

Nicole Welcome to the thread.

Quote:
and even if we don't actually get to see this since it's a book, you gotta love the guy's grin I just can picture it in my head everytime I read that in those books
Oh me too. And it's a beautiful smile.

OMG, the title. Guess we should fix that.

Me too Adara. I want a Jacob.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullybroken (View Post)
I just noticed the title says 'Team Werewolf WTF!'. I think it's supposed to be FTW
I totally didn't notice that.