Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
I agree. It was such a mean thing for those girls to do to him. I think he got all insecure about it, too.

I should throw my blowtorch smiley at them!

The dilemma with Jacob is...which do you cast for? Twilight Jacob and just downplay his physical change in the next movies, since it's not entirely pertinent that he be BIG and look 25, OR do you cast a guy that fits about in the middle, OR do you cast for Twilight and then change actors (I think this option would be quite silly. Imagine one guy and then BAM another, with no slow progression and Bella's just being like, "Hey Jacob, what's up?" ). I am curious to see what they chose to do. AND if say they do say...Ok! Here's Taylor - you're new Jacob, will they tell us if he is supposed to play him in all three movies? Or what?

Summit needs to start speaking up, and needs to start releasing naked shots of Robert...I mean, releasing shots of Robert and Kristen together for us.
indeed lol it was a bit over the top. he did seem to be genuinely affected by it

but yes, that is the problem, i found it so annoying when dumbledore changed in HP, (i know the guy died but still) i can imagine how annoying it would if they had twilight jacob, then new jacob just turning up randomly going 'look im big!'...

i think they should probably cast someone in the middle, then they can play up an down for twilight and the other movies. summits being a bit lack i think. dont they realise we spend hours trying to work out what they mean!?!? maybe we can con taylor into admitting something... or bribe him

hahahahahaha that last comment cracked me up your av is pretty close!! i really do wanna see some kxr photos, i mean they have really good chemistry supposedly. let me see it!!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

My two cents about Taylor Lautner as Jacob:

Just remember Gandalf and Frodo from The Lord of The Ring movies.

If it was possible to make Ian Mckellen (5' 11") look a giant near Elijah Wood (5' 6"), they can also make miracles with Taylor Lautner (5' 9") and Kristen Stewart (5' 4"). And I bet a 16 year old boy will grow a little in a year.

My first wish is that they had cast a Native American for the role. Aside that - if it's true what some were saying on TM, that Taylor IS Jacob in all three movies -, from what I saw of Taylor clips and pictures on other sites, he'll be good.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And the same with Hagrid & Harry Potter
Old 03-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

It's not the size or age most of us have an issue with. Camera's can work magic. We just don't feel Taylor is right for the role. That being said, I would definitely prefer someone New Moon/Eclipse-ish than Twilight-y.

Seriously, now that we have a Sam who is actually Native American and relatively unknown, I have to believe that they meant what they said in the casting call and Jacob will be the same.

Last edited by otherwise; 03-10-2008 at 06:07 AM Reason: I can't spell
Old 03-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorebrazil (View Post)
if it's true what some were saying on TM, that Taylor IS Jacob in all three movies -, .
Is it confirmed then that they are doing three movies? I thought they were waiting to see how the first one went.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMilkJug (View Post)
Is it confirmed then that they are doing three movies? I thought they were waiting to see how the first one went.
That's what Peter Facinelli said.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

I think the studio wants to three movies, the guy cast as Sam said he was under contract for three (What about Breaking Dawn?), but Stephenie has only signed the rights for Twilight.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Yay for contracts! That means we get at least three movies. But yeah, I wonder about BD...maybe when the time comes they'll sign for that one too and make it into a movie as well? *Is hopeful...(especially if there's VampSex) *
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Maybe its Twilight + 3 movies...

ETA: Saw this on the Lexicon and the Peninsula Daily News has confirmed(?) that Lautner is Jacob.

Last edited by EmptySmile; 03-10-2008 at 07:32 AM
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its Confirmed.

Taylor Lautner is casted as Jacob
Twilight Lexicon ~ The Official Stephenie Meyer Fan Sponsored Information And Discussion Site

ETA - Sorry didn't know it was already mentioned
Old 03-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nooooooooooooo!

Ok I have to take a moment to get used to this.

ETA: Actually, (from looking at the source) I don't consider one article in one Newspaper confirmed specially a Newspaper that doesn't seem very big. I won't consider it official until it's been announced by Summit or Stephenie Meyer.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's not confirmed that they are doing three movies. But it was said that the main cast had to sign for possible sequels.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Supreme Fan

i think i can live with him as jake. not the jake i pictured but it would have been too good to be true to have another hottie to drool over.

he isnt bad
Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm not against this casting at all. I think he is a cutie and will make a good Jacob, but I haven't seen anything else he's in.

SATC
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
I'm not against this casting at all. I think he is a cutie and will make a good Jacob, but I haven't seen anything else he's in.
I agree.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread