Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Edward/Robert #152: B/C Pepsi Vanilla let's us taste him.

“He’s a beautiful musician, a very creative soul, very similar to Edward. He just totally reads the most interesting stuff, and sees the most interesting movies, and is very introspective and diving into his existential self.” Catherine Hardwicke

"He’s so good and so soulful and he’s just not a liar, you can feel pain from him." Kristen Stewart

"He has that rare mix of humility and an inner confidence, which means that he`s both a happy and a challenging colleague... it always felt honest and real. I wanted the audience to sympathise withToby but also to be frightened of him; to fear for him and to be fearful of him. It`s really tricky to pull that off, but Roob did, so all compliments to him."

"He was Daniel in every way. Robert took what he was given on the page and ran with it. Such an incredible talent" Tracy Garrett

]

“I've been known for a little nibble.”

“If I go and try to watch a movie by myself I'll be completely transfixed the whole time, concentrating one hundred percent. But if I'm with another person on a date or something, within two minutes I'll be like 'This is rubbish, this is rubbish. We should leave and do something else.' I don't really know why.”

“It sounds lame, but I was really concentrating on this job. It was my first American thing so I was pretty focused. I went to Portland for two months before we starting shooting, and I just didn't talk to anybody for ages during the beginning of the shoot. I never went out, but I kind of broke down half way through. I was like, 'Okay, people are starting to think that I'm actually out of my mind now.’ ”

"I wasn't at all focused on school, and I didn't achieve much. But I've got a sense of urgency now. I feel I can't let any more time waste away."

"Music occupies a very important place in my life. I couldn't live without music."

"I’m still embarrassed to say I’m an actor because it's kinda cheesy, so I prefer to say I do something else,"

"Thats the worst thing, I dont really care if people say I'm a bad actor,
I can like work on that, but if they just say that he's ugly thats just like "oh.. really?"

"I can't even do 10 press ups. I did about three weeks of that, and in the end I think he got so bored
of trying to force me to do it that he wrote it all down so that I could do it at home."

"Twilight' is a metaphor for the virtues of chastity, but it's had the opposite effect. I get letters that say "I'm going to kill myself if you don't watch 'High School Musical 2' with me. It's a little nuts."

Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think his main draw is the mystery. As Bella said, “He is even more unbelievable behind the face.” That, and I always find myself relating to the characters who seem darker,more melancholy, because it presents the age old question of “Why?”.What about his past andhis life made him feel the way he felt about himself and everything that happened around him?Edward is definitely a character that seems so easy to figure out yet he is rather complex.- starzscarme

His like the perfect gentlemen, and sex god or just god and I love how protective he is of bella. And all the words that come out of his mouth make me get butterflies in my stomach and I love how his a vampire and his inner struggle to not bite someone, I loveeeeeeeeee his dark side hehe.- paire_gal21

dward is an intreasting guy, he seems like this perfect being but underneath his cold calm front he is a compleat mess. He struggles daily with what he is and tha kind of torment is epic. don't think I have ever read about a guy who has to challange himself like this.He's also a very romantic guy, he would do anything to be with Bella and i find that and his sincerity about the relationship really endering. He is deffinatly a dual character,he has a very intense, dark, angry side of him and then there is a loving, kind, hopefull side of him and I love both aspects, they just make him more complex and facinating - walkin' with a ghost

Rob Icons

many more HERE

credits
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread! Love the title!

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

I wouldnt taste pepsi Vanilla even for him but I love the title
Old 02-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am not a huge Jane Austen fan but...I'm with you. That story was largely based in speculation and that's not cool with me. That and I don't really like Anne Hathaway. The one thing I liked about Becoming Jane is that it didn't have a happy ending. And James totally stole the show.

I have never been a romantic anything, therefore happy endings are completely lost on me.
I don't understand why they didn't just call it fiction, pretend it was some random author, because its just presumptious, they fabricated an entire romance from one or two mentions in some letters.

I prefer unhappy endings i love tragedy lol, thats why i get such a huge kick out of the break up scene in NM. A part of me would prefer it if the human/vampire thing was too much and had driven them apart.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just like movies to have a hint of realism. And happy endings don't really fall into that category.

I feel blasphemous for saying I enjoy the break-up in NM.
Still, I could have handled a little more gorey death in BD in the last scenes. But ya know...SM has a squishy heart that wants all good things for her characters, I think.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

I only read Pride and Prejudice but I dint really like it. Emma I have seen in 3 different versions and that was more to my liking

I dont like tragedy. and romantic movies mostly make me think that people are stupid and unnecesarily complicate things. happy end means people quit being stupid

I liked Anne as Mia, especially in the second movie. or it might have been Chris Pine
Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NOOOOO you did not just say that! the second movie is THE DEVIL. M&M end up together in the books. Chris pine is dead to me.

I don't like romantic comedies to begin with but i did watch the breakup and loved it, purely because they do in fact break up. Happy endings are uaually moronic and never solve any of the issues the movie has thrown at them, they'd break up in two weeks in real life.

P&P is ok, i love emma, but Persuasion is by far her best work, its bitter sweet and about lost love.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, that was why the Break-Up was one of those rare romantic comedies I liked because they didn't get back together. But, as a general rule, I don't like romantic coms either. They're usually kinda lame. They lack the necessary balance I need in a film.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They're never romantic or funny. Which i find kind of ironic. Plus they tend to have that stupid Kate Hudson in them. Puts me right off.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed.

I think Kate Hudson had like one good movie and that was it.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Americans dont really know how to pull off romantic comedies. I like Garry Marshall but still. I much prefer Richard Curtis and Brits in general

and what I dont understand at all is why romantic movies should be funny in the first place?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost Famous

I think its possible to do romance and comedy at the same time, it just usually handeled too heavy handed for my taste, i like the romance in the office where the manage to make it real and touching but still funny.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
and what I dont understand at all is why romantic movies should be funny in the first place?
That's a good question.

I think it all has to do with marketing, really. Most men won't see a film that is strictly romance. But if you add the comedy part, they may be more inclined to see it. I don't know any guys who really are but I guess that's one theory.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it goes back to those old Doris Day/Rock Hudson sex comedies of the early 60s, they just havn't haged the formulia.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread