Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcali76 (View Post)
Oh, yeah. That was my favorite, too, actually. I posted them but then I forgot to vote. Damn.
maybe we can use that one for the next thread.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

It already has my vote.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
maybe we can use that one for the next thread.
I think we should.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes we definitely should
Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the thread.
What are your favorite Edward moments? (and not kissing Bella)
Old 02-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
mmm let me see

-. edward threatening jake after he forced a kiss on bella and bella broke her hand in the process.
-. when he tests himself in the meadow, being close to her
-. growling playfully when they are in his room together
-. showing bella the advantages of a big bed
-. when tells her how much he loves her

there are of course more.. but that are a few i like
Old 02-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

thanks for the new thread...and omfg! the title is so true
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty twin (View Post)
thanks for the thread.
- Edward threatening Jake after Jake kissed Bella
- Edward throwing Jake off of Bella (even though technically it was Edward's fault), but the image in my money looks so hilarious.
- Edward comforting Bella why she's cry over another male on his shirt ()
- Edward asking Bella if he can drive her to Seattle.
- Edward showing Bella his body in the sun.
- Edward trying to seduce Bella at the end of Eclipse.
- Edward putting Bella in the jeep and telling Emmett to strap her in Twilight (I know some people seem to think that he was wrong to do that. Supposedly he was supposed to ask her. Let's see how that would go. Edward: Bella, there's a lethal vampire that is set on sucking the blood out of you. Now do you want to stay here or would you like to come with me? I think it's about the equivalent of your house being on fire while your husband, boyfriend, or fiancee sleeps next to you in bed. Do you gently shake him until he wakes up and then ask him if he wants to leave or stay in the burning house? Obviously, youtell him that the house is on fire and both of you need to get out prompt-o.

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Edward putting Bella in the jeep and telling Emmett to strap her in Twilight
Who thinks that's wrong?

Ugh! *pinches nose*. I swear, chicks are stupid as hell these days. I hate it when people get all in a huffy about Edward's protective ways with Bella. It's better then having an ******* for a boyfriend. Jesus Christ! He's a gentleman, damn it. Take it or go drown in a lake somewhere.

Sorry, it just really, REALLY pisses me off when people over exaggerate Edward's behavior to make him look like he is controlling Bella. Whatevs, the second Bella disagrees with him he starts backing down immediately. He still is a little stubborn but he listens to her.

I'm glad you at least agree with me, Leigh. Great analogy.

Quote:
No fair.

Hmm... favorite Edward moments.

Of course, all of the ones that everyone said above (HotGrrEdward, Little****LegWrapAroundEdward, MeadowEdward, etc..) I also really like coy and witty Edward. One of my favorite parts is when Bella and him are passing notes back and forth to each other and he's teasing her about having bad luck.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Hmm I love all Edward's moments
Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Supreme Fan

i never thought edward was too overprotective. he is worried about his girl. seriously which guy would let her run into death with open arms

and i cant imagine why anyone would think he is controlling her. he voices his opinion but he also lets her voice hers. they usually compromise if they dont agree. sometimes he wins, sometimes she does. i dont see a problem
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
and i cant imagine why anyone would think he is controlling her. he voices his opinion but he also lets her voice hers. they usually compromise if they dont agree. sometimes he wins, sometimes she does. i dont see a problem
Me either. Edward always listens to Bella's argument and compromises himself almost too much in my opinion. Controlling my ass.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Amanda,

Usually it's people that don't realize that there is a lot of gray in the world. You know that type that only see things in terms of black and white. I actually do think Edward can be controlling, but so can Alice, Jacob, and Bella. I don't think it's fair to bash on character for a behavior that at least 3 other characters have. The majority of the time Edward is controlling when it comes to Bella's safety.

I'm not going to list the way the other characters can be controlling, because it's off topic.

I think more people agree with you than just me.

ETA: I'm referring to the times before Eclipse when he realized he had to back off. Edward was never the type that would say being warned against on a red flag list in terms of controlling. If he was he would insist that Bella quite her job at Newton's Outfitters as soon as he got back and he would slowly try to destroy her relationship with Charlie.

Perhaps controlling isn't the best term, maybe I should use dominating. Which can also have negative aspects with it, but I think if most of us had to fight daily to keep the ones we loved alive we would also be dominating.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_earthquake (View Post)
i never thought edward was too overprotective. he is worried about his girl. seriously which guy would let her run into death with open arms

totally agree

and about my favorite moment...you've mentioned them already ..i just loved it when they were passing notes and he told her how he would save her in case something went wrong with the plane
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think more people agree with you than just me.
I know for a fact more people agree with me. I talk to them everyday, but considering that you clearly did, I was using you as an example instead of generalizing everyone on this thread.

And yes, those people that think that see the world as only black and white and nothing in between. Very annoying.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread