Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggiepopple (View Post)
Bella was Edward's first girlfriend. It might not seem realistic to some people, BUT even real life isn't always so "realistic." When Edward was a human boy and it was the time for him to start courting girl, the only thing he was concerned about was the war. At that time having a girlfriend or getting married wasn't even option for himself in his own mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see Edward constantly worrying if Bella is enjoying herself when they make love. For the first few times I can see Bella being shy and not giving much of a reaction regardless if she enjoys it or not. After a while though she'll break through the exterior and she'll let him know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope Edward doesn't come off as being automatically perfect in bed. I want him to be able to please Bella, but to give her a climax so strong the first time that she is unable to walk seems way too contrived to me. Plus Stephenie would never write that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That says it all
Is your spirit alive...
Old 02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Add me!!!

He´s the love of my life
Old 02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Sarah!

I always thought it was unrealistic to think that Edward had never even been close to a woman. He's been alive for so long that I have trouble thinking he's never discovered that venue, even just a little bit. I just believe Bella is something unlike he's ever even had before, he says that himself. His true love, like you guys said.

SATC
Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Welcome Sarah!

I always thought it was unrealistic to think that Edward had never even been close to a woman. He's been alive for so long that I have trouble thinking he's never discovered that venue, even just a little bit. I just believe Bella is something unlike he's ever even had before, he says that himself. His true love, like you guys said.
I think it's possible that he has had friendships with women but honestly Bella was his first girlfriend, it might not seem realistic, but in the end this is Stephenie's story and if she says Bella was his first girlfriend then Bella was his first girlfriend.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I didn't mean girlfriend, I meant being close.. holding, kissing, touching, a member of the opposite sex. I think Bella is his first love/girlfriend/true love/all that jazz. I'm just saying it would be unrealistic for someone to be on this earth for over 100 years and never try getting close to the opposite sex. But, its really everyone's own opinion to form and that's just mine.

SATC
Old 02-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you.

But we all know that Bella is the only one that counted.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveOTH23 (View Post)
I agree with you.

But we all know that Bella is the only one that counted.
Exactly! She's his girl.. such a lucky girl

SATC
Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

I think it would be hard for Edward to get close to/have a girlfriend since he can hear their thoughts and know some of the girls just fall over him just because of the way he looks, not because they actually like him. For me, I don't find it all that unrealistic because of that reason, that he knows where their thinking. Because really, how would that be any kind of relationship when you can hear their thoughts as they pass through your mind... it'd just be weird to me. And it explains why Edward was drawn to Bella in the first place, besides her scent was because he couldn't hear what she was thinking...
Is your spirit alive...
Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but in the end this is Stephenie's story and if she says Bella was his first girlfriend then Bella was his first girlfriend.
she also said that Bella was in love with Jake I don't trust that woman

but I DO believe Edward never had any.. ehm fun
Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I didn't mean girlfriend, I meant being close.. holding, kissing, touching, a member of the opposite sex. I think Bella is his first love/girlfriend/true love/all that jazz. I'm just saying it would be unrealistic for someone to be on this earth for over 100 years and never try getting close to the opposite sex. But, its really everyone's own opinion to form and that's just mine.
but in this story edward is experiencing everything for the first time. that point was made very clear in Twilight. he never was close to someone, didnt even kiss. even the 'holding' was his first time. he told all of this bella when they were in the meadow.

i'm adding you sarah
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Well regardless of if he did or he didn't, it's just a part of the book I find unrealistic, IMO. Its like she tries way too hard to make it wholesome. But, I have to keep reminding myself that this is a book aimed towards teens.

SATC
Old 02-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

we know for sure he didn't, cause he told Bella he didn't want to do it before he's married.... poor thing
it always reminds me of your signature Michelle
Old 02-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Well regardless of if he did or he didn't, it's just a part of the book I find unrealistic, IMO. Its like she tries way too hard to make it wholesome. But, I have to keep reminding myself that this is a book aimed towards teens.
in his case i dont think its that unrealistic. consider how deep vampires connect. he sure didnt have a girlfriend when he was 17 and got changed. it was war and an epidemic flu that killed way too many people. once he was changed he was a vampire and of course looking out for girls but he never felt any deeper connection so he didnt go for it. the way SM describes those creatures seems to be that they only have one mate for the rest of their existence and they wont bail on it. he never felt like commiting because he never felt a connection with another female vamp that had the potential of being his girl for life, therefore he never seemed to have luck with a companion for himself. bella was the first person who touched his heart and he fell immediately.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Maybe I'm too stuck on other vampire-based books I've read in the past for it to seem realistic to me. Its just hard for me to think in 100+ years he's never even wanted/tried to experiment, with even the tiniest of things like a kiss. I'm not even talking going all the way. Anywho.. you guys see it your way. I see it mine. So be it!

But, I do agree that he's never loved until Bella.

SATC
Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anywho.. you guys see it your way. I see it mine. So be it!
I never said I believed that's possible especially if he went to all those schools and all. it's just the way it is