Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eclipse Protocol- Mandatory Read and Respond! Updated 7/2

Hey guys

With Eclipse right around the corner we wanted to take the time to go over the protocol that must be followed on the board. We want to make this as easy and fun experience for everyone, but there are a few rules that do need to be followed.

~ ~ ~

Eclipse Discussion-
So we have decided to change the rules. You may NOW post anything from Eclipse since it has aired. It is common courtesy to use spoiler tags for those who do not want to be spoiled but we will no longer be requiring it since the movie has been released already.

Thanks
~ ~ ~

Bashing- This is by far the most difficult topic for us. With the release of Eclipse we know that everyone is going to feel differently about the film. Keep all negative thoughts to a minimum please. SOME discussion of an opposing character or shipper group is allowed so long as it's not bashing or the sole focus of the posts. We are going to keep a firm eye on each and every single thread to make sure no one is breaking the positive atmosphere we strive for here! As stated in the Intro and Rules Thread we have developed a 3 Strike Rule. If a thread is breaking the rules, then they'll receive a strike, as decided by the moderators. If a thread accumulates 3 strikes, then after consultation with the Moderator Managers, the thread will be closed for 24 hours. Strikes will be posted in the Twilight Intro and Rules Thread and will expire after 6 months. We have let this rule slide in the past but we are not taking this subject lightly anymore. If you would like to bash there are other places that are better suited atmospheres for bashing.

If you are feeling some confusion this is a breakdown of the strikes system:

-1st Thread Strike: Warning in thread and specific posters warned through PM.
-2nd Thread Strike: Second warning posted in thread and specific posters warned through PM.
-3rd Thread Strike: Offending posters & the thread will be reported to the Moderator Management Team.
The Management Team will then decide if the thread will be closed for a period of 24 hours.
-Any future Strikes will result in thread closure for a minimum period of 24 hrs.

Sometimes there is confusion on what IS and what ISN'T bashing. Bashing is broken up into several different categories. Here are some examples to help you guys, straight from the bashing policy:

What Bashing Is:

Quote:
Bashing is deliberately posting something that might offend a poster. Bashing is not allowed because we want to have a place where everyone feels comfortable. That is not to say that posters do not have the right to say what is on their mind about the shows/movies/music they like, but there is place for everything. Expressing your dislike of a character or couple is okay, but expressing your dislike of a poster is not. And when expressing your dislike of a character or couple, it has to be done in the right place and the right way.
When speaking with regards/to a specific poster(s) at the forum:

Quote:
* If your words are being censored, you are bashing. "The post you just made is ****", is bashing. "I disagree with your post because last episode..." is not bashing.
* "Those Couple X shippers are all blind and ingnorant" is bashing. Its not censored, but you are talking about a poster specifically.
* Think about what you are saying. If you'd get defensive if someone said it to you, it shouldn't be posted and can be considered bashing. Remember when we were kids "do onto others what you'd like done to you?" Works the other way too.
When speaking with regards to made up characters:

Quote:
* Going into the thread of a character or group that you do not support and posting negative things about posters is bashing. "You guys are all stupid for liking couple X", is bashing. If you do not like the person/people, try to stay out of the thread. It's likely what you say in there will not be helpful to the thread.
* There are very few times it would be appropriate to make reference to another couple in your thread title. If you happen to think its that time, PM a moderator before you start it would be a good idea.
Bashing in general:

Quote:
* If you retaliate against someone because they've bashed you first, you are still bashing. Not only that, it is fueling the fire. Take it to the moderators please. "He/She started it" only works in a 5 year old court. Definitely do not take it to another thread or another board to complain, that won't help either. Just remember that everything you post here on the boards is visible to everyone.
* Borderline bashing. For example: "5N6 DNA = " or Couple X = " is borderline bashing because it is deliberately attacking a certain group. You may not be saying anything censored, but you are intentionally offending someone. This is not to say you can not express your dislike of 5N6 DNA, there are just better ways to do it. "I disagree with what you just said because..." is a better way of getting across your point.
* If you see someone bashing or you think they are bashing, ignore the poster and PM the moderator. This is the best and fastest way to get the situation handled.
* If a moderator has edited your post and you do not feel you were bashing, PM a moderator. Do not take it to the thread cause chances are, that will turn into bashing of the moderator.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thank you for taking the time to read through these rules and we hope we have cleared up any questions you may have. Please reply to this thread, confirming that you have read the rules and understand them completely. If you have any other questions that are not addressed here please feel free to post them in here or PM any of us.

With all of that business being said, have fun posting and discussing!

Thanks again!

~The Twilight Saga Moderating Team
Beth, Kim, and Sheils.

Last edited by living destiny; 07-02-2010 at 08:49 AM
living destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

read and understood

amy and ricky <3
i want you. now and forever.

icon:Scribbled Pretty | mela
donnaanddavidx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

understood...thanks for posting!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Cannot believe this is finally here! It feels like yesterday we were preparing for New Moon!

Read and understood!
RK EB LP BR KP
KC and LP Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Got it...

I can't believe it's here!
nikki009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i did not read but i shallrespond jk i read and understood
The Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

i understand thanks for that
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this, Sheils. I read and understand perfectly.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Read and understood.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

DP sorry
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for posting. I read and understand perfectly.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Read and understood!
Cookie:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Read....responding
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Star