Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

There is a Bucca as well as a bunch of dinner places that I so want to try out this year near the convention center.

We also went to this awesome resturant last year that was right by the water.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yea, I definitely wanna try new places this year too.
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I would like to try different places also. I'm just not sure what exactly is good I don't know what is good or not

"I’m just a regular boy who goofs around, pulls pranks, and makes jokes."
Jensen Ackles
~inside_of_love~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes new places are always good I hear that San Diego know for their amazing Mexican food!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

cool I haven't heard that before.

Jensen Ackles
Old 07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

As far as the Twilight autographs for Comic Con are concerned. It seems to be very disorganized and their is no guarantee you would even get an autograph being it is done by raffle.

Plus last year Jen aka dreamer4ever and I tried to get autographs for Supernatural and it was a mod the place and very disorganized.

I would much rather go to the panel and see clips from the movie as well as see the cast interact with one another and see the author of Twlight Stephanie Meyer and the director Catherine Hardwicke talk about the book and movie.

Up to you if you want to wait in line for the Autographs at 9:30 in the morning but we are going to the panel!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yup I agree about the autographs Erin. That's what happened with the Supernatural autograph session last year. They gave out tickets DURING the panel so anyone that was in the panel didn't get them. Then people mobbed behind the autograph line trying to get pics of the cast. It was pure CRAZINESS!! The chance of getting an autograph like that is pretty slim. I just so happened to get lucky for getting Jennifer Love Hewitt's autograph because they had told me to look for a big hand sign to go up so I stalked the booth until I saw the hand and basically ran to it. That was pure being in the right place at the right time I'd much rather go to a panel though.

Jensen Ackles
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am glad you agree with me. The Supernatural autograph thing was maddness.

I would so go to the Twilight talk! Plus we can always check out the booth and see what cool things they have there.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

I really wish I could go, a lot of it so I could see the city I was born in

But other than that, you can sure bet I am going to be watching the full Comic Con coverage on G4!
truroswellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Well you can watch it on G4 but I am also Vlogging the event!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-23-2008 at 07:48 AM
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am NOT going to this event but I figure I would post in just in case anyone wanted to go.

Info on Twilight autograph signing at Comic Con posted on Stephanie Meyer's websight in case anyone is going.

Quote:
StephenieMeyer.com | Calendar

Twilight Autographing Rules for Comicon

For those attending Comicon, a drawing for tickets to the Twilight autographing will take place in the Autographing Area in the Sails Pavilion at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 24th. Rules for line ticket drawings are below.

Please note, Stephenie will be signing a promotional Twilight movie item and will NOT be signing books during the autographing.

Rules for Line Ticket Drawings

Due to the popularity of our many guest autograph signings, tickets for these are distributed by drawing.

To participate in the drawing, please stand in the indicated line and pick a ticket out of a container. The winning tickets have a distinct stamp on the back. Once a winning ticket has been drawn, either:

1) The ticket will be kept by the winner to be exchanged for access into the designated autograph line at the specified location and time.

or

2) The ticket will be exchanged for a wristband, which will admit the wearer into the designated autograph line at the specified location and time.

If a winning ticket is not drawn, you may return to the end of the line to try again until all winning tickets have been drawn. One winning ticket per person, per signing.

No lines may form until five (5) minutes before the drawing is to begin and the location of the Official Line is announced. Any line formed prior to the announcement of the location of the Official Line will be not be recognized as an Official line and will be dispersed.

The drawing will not begin until the time listed in the Events Guide or Daily Newsletter.
Winning the drawing for a line ticket grants you, with your winning ticket or wristband, the opportunity to stand in line to get an autograph at the location and time designated when you drew the winning ticket.

The duration of the autograph session is taken into account when determining the number of winning tickets.

The Fire Marshall may shut down any line they feel is a hazard at anytime.

Your badge does not guarantee autographs at any event.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

That's the one thing I hate about Comic Con, the autograph signings are mostly totally unfair

Well guys, I am outta here in about 5 hours

Talk to you guys when we get back, we will have laptops with us and our hotel has high speed, so we may be posting updates

And then we head to Disneyland Sunday afternoon
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

can't wait to see you soon Jen

Yeah I hope G4 has some cool stuff on there I don't remember hearing that there was much for it last year. I'm going to try and find them so I could maybe be on tv that'd be cool

Jensen Ackles
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

You too Liz are you coming down tonight or tomorrow morning?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

I will be there tomorrow morning unfortunately my plane doesn't get in til 11 so It'll be a while before i get there I'm hoping the plane could get there earlier oh how I wish!

Jensen Ackles
Reply   Post New Thread