Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn_19032002
What kind of person did I think I'd become?When I was 13 I thought that I would grow up to be this huge movie star but I was very shy and I thought the world revoled around boys and my freind's.What did I think was important in life, that ended up being not so? Lot of my freind's and I never really cared about anything else. I still think freind's are very important but it took me a long time to find good freind's. But it was a learning exprince.
What goals did I have for my life that I haven't achieved yet? I thought I would run off to hollywood, in realitiy I'm 21 trying to put myself through school and relize that I loved fashion and not running away and alway's hated texas, but i'm so proud to be from here.
What am I most proud of in my life since then? god and my family
Realizing you're proud of where you're from is a huge thing. Well, it was for me anyhow. When I moved from my home town, it was with a happy smile on my face and I stated that I would never, ever in my life move back.

But while I lived elsewhere, I came to realize that my home town in fact was pretty decent and that grass isn't always greener in other places. And decided to move back, which I've never regretted.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle
Interesting topic. When I was thirteen - I was dealing w/ a lot of changes. I was invited to my first ever boy/girl party. Which terrified me. Mainly because I was not really friendly w/ a lot of the people who went to the party, I was friendly w/ the girl who had the party, but she was type of girl who got along w/ anyone. Unfortunately, none of my friends went - (they were actually invited too) to the party, so I just hung around - wearing a nice outfit I bought, and I just talked to people when I felt like it.

I also started playing football, basketball, and baseball w/ a boy I started developing a crush on. Cause he took the time to show me how to play and appreciate each sport. I remember one time specifically - I played football w/ him and his friends. I also the first girl in the neighborhood who played and excelled at all these sports. Pretty soon all the girls in the neighborhood wanted to play.

Finally - I started to realize who my friends were and who my friends were not. It took a while for me to adjust all that, but eventually I came out stronger than ever before. Since the age of thirteen - I only close friends w/ two of the friends I made during that age.

Above all - thirteen is an age that we can all learn a thing or two - we learn about first crushes, first fights, first heartbreaks, and no matter what - (at least I learned) to accept yourself who you are.
I think you're right about 13 being a period with a lot of changes. Development, you grow... Knowing who your friends are and what you value in friendships are important things to me too.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I was an idealistic 13 year old child of the 80's:

What kind of person did I think I'd become?
What did I think was important in life, that ended up being not so?
What goals did I have for my life that I haven't achieved yet?
What am I most proud of in my life since then?

Well, for me, turned 13 the summer of 83, so thats pretty weird. It seems like a long time ago. That was the summer I started my cycle and became a woman.

I never thought at that time what i'd become. I knew I never wanted kids, and of course, wanted to be an actress. Of course you could find me outside playing football, hide and seek and just goofing around with the boys.

Important in life not being so ...really that stumps me. Probably video games. I was a video game junkie. Would always be at the corner convenience store and would live there. THe guy that owned it would let us play free for a few hours after school if we came and swept the store and straightened up the aisles. We loved it!

The goals I had were to become an actress, but that has slightly changed. I know now I don't want to be, but yet I still want to work in the field. Maybe finish school, which would be fun!

Most proud is the fact that I did get married and have a family. I love my family!!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Stace - So great to read your response.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Total Fan

Oh my, I'm so sorry for my late response. Thanks for sharing, Stace.

I think one thing I'm proud of is that I still consider myself youthful. I don't mean externally, I mean in attitude. I still have that child-like wonder and honestly believe there is a whole new world ahead of me.
on a Miracle Drug
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Oh, you and me both Z. I feel that way a lot of the time too.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Extreme Fan

The number thirteen is a bit unluckier for me than most people since when i was 13 I was brutally raped and impregnated. So it wasn't a great age. But what i can say is that I am probably the furthest from where I thought I'd be now at 24.
Bunny #69
http://sctransresources.org
Niffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

It must've been such a trauma for you having to go through all that.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, pretty much sucked. But it made me who I am today; a really strong person who values almost everything in life. LOL. So it's all good.
But yeah, before that happened, I guess I just always thought I'd grow up to be super smart, go through college, etc, and I failed out and all, so I am far from what i thought I'd be, but I like where I am.
Bunny #69
http://sctransresources.org
Niffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad you're happy with where you are today.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niffler
The number thirteen is a bit unluckier for me than most people since when i was 13 I was brutally raped and impregnated. So it wasn't a great age. But what i can say is that I am probably the furthest from where I thought I'd be now at 24.
My goodness. I can't imagine having to deal with that at such a young age. It's a great attitude you have, that is, valueing almost everything in life.
on a Miracle Drug
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread