Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker:
<STRONG>

Good to hear that, Man.</STRONG>
thanks budd [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I just got this on dvd last week...and It is great! I love this movie... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

They were all great as kids...Too bad about River Phoenix, though... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Jerry O'Connell is so hot, now!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Claudia
Old 01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I love this movie, I rented it after "24" came out because of Kiefer. After it I fell in love with River Phoenix, so sad that he died. I have the new DVD with all the extras, I love the Stand By Me music video.

I never liked the lardass parts maybe cuz of the puking.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Walkin Talkin Jesus...I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! It's in my top 5 of all time (which if you knew me, you'd know that that's saying something!!!) I just have to say that River Phoenix is one of my favorite actors of all time...and I hope he rests in peace!! That being said, I just want to say that I love every boy in this movie...Wil, River, Corey, Jerry, Keifer, John, and all the others...AKA Ace's gang! But most of all, I love Rob Reiner...he's my fave director...he's amazing...and this movie proves that!! GREAT CAST, GREAT STORY, GREAT DIRECTION...GREAT MOVIE!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

DIRTY JENGA!
*Topher!*

*Sometimes you just take my breath away!* P/J

*~Mollz!~*
Old 01-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .one.ray.of.sunlight.:
I love this movie, I rented it after "24" came out because of Kiefer. After it I fell in love with River Phoenix, so sad that he died. I have the new DVD with all the extras, I love the Stand By Me music video.
I did the opposite. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Stand By Me made me a Kiefer fan, and I have been following his career since (granted, there still are some movies I haven't seen). When I first heard about 24, I decided I'd watch it since I liked Kiefer and because it had got great reviews.

Claudia - I want the DVD too. Does it have any commentaries?

Mollz - I think Rob Reiner is great too.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Growing up, my family and I used to watch this movie all of the time. It was actually the first R rated movie, I ever saw. We would sit down in our den and just watch this wonderful movie, and I agree everyone was great in this movie.

I always cry when the show the scenes w/ Gordie and Denny, those parts always get to me. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

My brothers bought me the video for my birthday one year, I have not watched the whole movie, but maybe one of these days I will pop in.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 01-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Adria - the Gordie and Denny scenes are heartbreaking. And their parents behaviour too. Always makes me [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:47 AM
rio
Dedicated Fan

'Stand By Me' is my favorite film. It's a very special movie. They don't make movies like that anymore. I just found out about this film last year because I was watching VH1: I love the 80's and they showed the 'goofy' clip. I rented it at first and fell in love with this movie and the next week I bought the dvd. Anyways, a lot of my friends do not know about this film or River Phoenix and so I try to tell them to definately rent/buy it. I made some dvd caps for y'all. I laughed so hard in the scene where Jerry O'Connell's character (Vern) was crawling on the bridge:

More:
1)Chris Chambers
2)Teddy

Websites:
'Stand By Me' message board
SBM
Stand By Me: Walking the Tracks

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited chris34 ]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Ohhh lovely lovely caps. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I am extremly happy to see them. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 04:25 PM
rio
Dedicated Fan

More pictures:

Old 02-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Nice pics. Handsome Kiefer and pretty River. Sigh. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I watched SBM today, which would make it the unteenth time.
I'm quite surprised that it's R rated, it's a great teenage movie about life, I think everyone should see it, maybe there's an edited version somewhere out there.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just discovered this Board/Thread and I feel home.

I remember I was 10 when I watched that movie for the first time and I just thought "Another movie watching out of boredom" and I was so hooked on the movie after the first minutes,I never left the room,even during commercials because I thought I would miss something.

I loved every character-the boys are just amazing and the portray of their friendship is just dead on. I remember that I wanted to stab Kiefer's character in that movie-he scared the hell out of me.

The thing that always stroke me is the end-I just bawl like a baby every time the ending is coming. The last summer as friends-everything changes and everybody knows it and is aware that you can't do anything against it because its a part of growing up *sniff*

Everytime, I think Chris will live a better life when he is older-I picture him with his wife and kids,nice house and job and then I always hear how he got killed when he wanted to save somebody else life and tears are coming down my face. He loved Chris and Vern!

I can't believe that chubby Vern turned into hottie Jerry O'Connell. I remember seeing him on Sliders and then I watched the movie again and thought-wait,thats the same person.

I don't know how often I've seen this movie but its one of the few movies that you can never get bored of.
I never miss it when its airing on TV! Directors/writers nowadays should watch this movie to know how a good movie should be like.

Are there any avatars/icons of the movie?

I don't care who I looked at, Im with YOU
[/CENTER]
Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

i love this movie i had to write an essay from it in yr 9 for english...when i look at the pics now i see the resemblance of jerry o'connel now..but this movie is soo sad [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

::Evil Queen Nola::
Old 04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

I love this movie! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] I think that it was one of the best films of the 80's

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

claudia