Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melis:
<STRONG>
This is how I remembered the line, too. What was posted here before confused me since I always thought it was the way you posted.</STRONG>
Yeah I KNOW that's how the ending was because I've seen that movie about a dozen times and the most recent was yesterday when it was the Love Stories channel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I found nothing wrong about the ending..it was beautiful and definitely cheesy 80's.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah, I could watch this movie over and over. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] There's nothing wrong w/ some cheese once in a while. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by twoods:
<STRONG>I LOVE this movie. And I'm glad she didnt pick Duckie because they just didnt fit together. I saw them as best friends, nothing more...they had no chemistry.

Plus, I love Andrew McCarthy. I want a guy like him! And the ending was, "I believed in you..I always believed in you. I just didnt believe in ME." It was so beautiful!

Yeah, her dress was horrible. It could have been a lot better...reminded me of a potato sack.</STRONG>

Bwuaha! Can we NOT agree on anything, man? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Just kidding. This movie is one that I love to death because it was just so... cute.

I had a mad crush on Andrew McCarthy back in the day.

*Gets all starry eyed* He was so dreamy...
Old 06-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, so all this time I always had the line wrong. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

btw, the one thing I noticed about this movie was that Blane wore the same clothes the whole time. Dude was rich and still wore white pants and blue shirt. He was so cute though, back then it didn't matter. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 06-13-2003, 03:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Paceysgal:
<STRONG>

Bwuaha! Can we NOT agree on anything, man? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I had a mad crush on Andrew McCarthy back in the day.

*Gets all starry eyed* He was so dreamy...</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Seriously...we were both Roswell fans, right? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And we both like Andrew....god he still does it for me everytime I watch that movie.

Josh'sTG, yeah I noticed too that he wore the same kinda outfit every day- blue shirt, khakis. But damn, he looked good in it! Maybe it was to show that he still somehow looked "normal" despite having rich parents, like he didnt wear ritzy clothes like his friend. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah, Pretty in Pink. This is one of my all time favorites. Still listen to the soundtrack. I used to love Andrew McCarthy (ok. I still do. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ). And James Spader...ok, Steff was a prick, but ya gotta love James Spader. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I loved Andie's relationship with her dad.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

For those who like James Spader, he's in negotiations to star in The Practice. I stopped watching that show for a while, but I might tune in next season to see how he does.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

This was a good movie. Growing up, I always loved that she ended up with Blaine. But now that I'm older I realize she missed a good thing with Duckie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

James Spader was awesome in this, SUCH an a$$hole!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melis:
<STRONG>For those who like James Spader, he's in negotiations to star in The Practice. I stopped watching that show for a while, but I might tune in next season to see how he does.</STRONG>

I heard about James Spader on The Practice. I hope he gets it. I, too, will probably start watching it again if James gets it.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience:
<STRONG>This was a good movie. Growing up, I always loved that she ended up with Blaine. But now that I'm older I realize she missed a good thing with Duckie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

James Spader was awesome in this, SUCH an a$$hole!</STRONG>

From what I heard, the movie originally ended with Duckie getting the girl. But the ending was changed after screening audiences said they liked the idea of Blane getting the girl. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lament:
<STRONG>

From what I heard, the movie originally ended with Duckie getting the girl. But the ending was changed after screening audiences said they liked the idea of Blane getting the girl. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I heard that it ended with Duckie not getting anyone, and then they added the blonde girl so it wouldn't be so sad..(I think Duckie looking at the camera after realizing that she wants him is one of the funniest things in the movie)

Did you know that the girl who played Jenna (Andie's friend) was killed in 1985? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]..Alexa Kenin...I didn't know..

Claudia
Old 06-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I have never heard that ending before. I've always heard the ending about Duckie and Andie being the original ending. If you look carefully, you can tell that they refilmed the ending. Andrew McCarthy is wearing a wig and is thinner than he was in the rest of the movie.

That was really sad about the actress who played her friend. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I could be wrong (and often am). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's still a good movie, and Her dress is dreadful.

Claudia
Old 06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's so sad about the actress who played Jenna. I had no idea. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Wasn't Andrew right in the middle of a play when they decided to reshoot the scene?

I'm glad they did give Duckie someone. I can really empathize with the Duckies of the world.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yep, it's still a good movie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lament, yeah that's what I heard. He had a shaved head for the play which is why he had to wear a wig when they reshot the ending.